Reload this Page >

Moving to Valencia

Moving to Valencia

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

EdwinV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Valencia

Hi!

I'm moving from Wales to Valencia at the end of January to work. I will be working for a company based in Madrid as a service engineer. My role is to service navigation equipment on ships primarily at Valencia port.
I will be looking to rent an apartment to the south of the city as some of the work involves travel to Denia.

Is there anyone here that would be willing to rent me a room for approx two weeks so that I can travel around the area to search for apartments to rent? I'm hoping that this will be the easiest way to find somewhere to live!

Thanks,
Edwin
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Valencia

hi & welcome, sorry I can't help with Valencia but if you get stuck try the cheapy hotels (IBIS is 60e pn). Denia area I can help but as you are based in Valencia not much use.

Good luck, nice job too!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, I cant really help either but the puerto area is very built up with lots of residential around.I should think you could find a good cheap hostal to start you off. Try googling it including Cabanal, Malvarrosa, even Nazaret or Pinedo.

Its a very nice area and central too.

Good luck. You will love Valencia.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the responses, hadn't thought about hostels etc.

The time is drawing nearer and I can't wait to get out there
Old Dec 16th 2010, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future

Hi Edwin,

Congratulations on the new job. Good luck with the move to Valencia. You might want to consider a 'vacation rental' for a month to give you time to get used to living in Spain and to visit the various places that you might want to live in.

If you google 'vacation rentals' for Valencia you are sure to find somewhere that is fairly affordable. Renting for a month (or shorter if you are determined to do it in 2 weeks) will give you some discount on the normal nightly rate in a hotel or hostal. My experience in Spain is that you often don't even have the facilities to make a cup of coffee in your room - so having to go out all the time to eat and drink can soon add up. Renting for a month in an apartment or apart-hotel often gives you the fourth week free and you have the option of a kitchen and laundry facilities to boot.

The usual safeguards apply in Spain - try to only pay any deposit by Paypal or credit card, where you can reclaim the payment if it turns out to be a scam. Also, don't be surprised if they don't take bookings online as many Spanish sites give you the info but won't let you book direct - you may well have to e-mail your request and wait for them to get back to you.

Good luck with the search.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 5:51 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EdwinV
Thank you for the responses, hadn't thought about hostels etc.

The time is drawing nearer and I can't wait to get out there
Be warned - a "hostal" is not a hostel (although you get those in Spain too), it's more like a B&B (normally without breakfast). The better quality ones are like hotels in terms of rooms/showers etc, but you will pay more. The cheaper ones can be very basic.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone have any god contacts for a letting agency in Valencia?
Thanks
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

mowo is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need to actually be in Valencia? If not, we have a beautiful rural farmhouse we could help you with. Good luck with the new job.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mowo
Do you need to actually be in Valencia? If not, we have a beautiful rural farmhouse we could help you with. Good luck with the new job.
Mowo,
I don't have to be in Valencia itself. How far from the city are you? I would be very interested.
Thank you
Old Dec 28th 2010, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

mowo is an unknown quantity at this point

We are about an hour or so north of Valencia, about half an hour from the coast. I guess to Madrid is about the same where ever you live around here. Our village is near La Vall D'Alba, which is near Castellon de la Plana. If this is not too far from your work, we may be able to help you. Hope it goes well for you. We've had 10 very happy years here but now health and family forces us back to the UK.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Depending how far out you are prepared to go outside Valencia you could do worse than Cullera on the coast to the south.
If you drive you can take the coast road to Valencia if you don't fancy the motorway. It also has a direct train link to the city.
Another plus is the Denia bus stops there. There is no Valencia to Denia train line.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys. I'm looking towards the Silla area to the south of Valencia ideally.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 10:13 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EdwinV
Thanks guys. I'm looking towards the Silla area to the south of Valencia ideally.
Isn't that close to the prison?
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:13 am
Just Joined

henryporter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, first post here and rather than start a whole new Valencia post, I thought it better to piggyback on the back of this one. We're living in Madrid at the moment and considering the move to Valencia and have booked a few weekend trips down there to do a bit of property hunting. We don't know the city and surrounding areas too well and rather than waste too much time searching for properties that are in areas of no use to us, I was looking for a little bit of help in terms of the geography of the place. Can anyone recommend some of he better suburban neighborhoods that would still allow easy access to the city centre... particularly thinking of the train to Madrid. I know it's a pretty vague request, but all info would be greatly appreciated. We'd be more interested in areas with houses rather than apartments. Many thanks guys.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:28 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by henryporter
Hi, first post here and rather than start a whole new Valencia post, I thought it better to piggyback on the back of this one. We're living in Madrid at the moment and considering the move to Valencia and have booked a few weekend trips down there to do a bit of property hunting. We don't know the city and surrounding areas too well and rather than waste too much time searching for properties that are in areas of no use to us, I was looking for a little bit of help in terms of the geography of the place. Can anyone recommend some of he better suburban neighborhoods that would still allow easy access to the city centre... particularly thinking of the train to Madrid. I know it's a pretty vague request, but all info would be greatly appreciated. We'd be more interested in areas with houses rather than apartments. Many thanks guys.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

What sort of distances are you prepared to travel daily, or how much time are you prepared to spend travelling is probably more to the point.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.