Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain from the UK advice please 😁

Moving to Spain from the UK advice please 😁

Old Apr 4th 2021, 7:23 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain from the UK advice please 😁

Originally Posted by Alfonsocolli
Really Really helpful
thanks πŸ™‚
my partner is polish so should be OK
Will definitely check the France forum
as for the health insurance where do we apply?
Really sorry to ask you so many questions
Also we won't be moving for another 3 months or so, so hopefully things will be easier by then
Again
Thanks for the heads up
πŸ™‚
Your partner being Polish makes things easier for her, but if there aren't any "partners" in the BE forum who have been there, done that since January, you'd have to check carefully on the official Spanish sites how Spanish Administrations consider couples who aren't legally bound. Whether you'd be entitled to a "family" visa would depend on how strict they are on the matrimonial status.
You should make sure your dog has all the necessary paperwork, particularly concerning rabies.
HTH
Old Apr 4th 2021, 9:03 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing a pickup to Spain

Originally Posted by Alfonsocolli
Wow
Wasn't aware of that....
Do you have a rough idea what the costs and tax implications would be then for a pickup that's hoping to cost me, say Β£15k?

Im really struggling now with how to bring my possessions and the dog down without costing me a fortune....
Hola,
There is a published list of prices of "all" vehicles and then they depreciate the cost of the new vehicle by 16% for the first year, 14% for the second year etc. until you get left with 10% of the new price. You then have a further multiplier for the "ungreeness" of the fuel usage which gives you the current "Official Price" of your vehicle. You then pay the tax on that amount.

Therefore the newer the vehicle, the more it is officially worth so the more tax you pay

Davexf
Old Apr 4th 2021, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola,
There is a published list of prices of "all" vehicles and then they depreciate the cost of the new vehicle by 16% for the first year, 14% for the second year etc. until you get left with 10% of the new price. You then have a further multiplier for the "ungreeness" of the fuel usage which gives you the current "Official Price" of your vehicle. You then pay the tax on that amount.

Therefore the newer the vehicle, the more it is officially worth so the more tax you pay

Davexf
Do you or Fred have a link to the official Hacienda published list of vehicle values for all cars over six years old?
Old Apr 4th 2021, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

IminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by missile
This has to be a wind up?
hahahah brilliant!
Old Apr 4th 2021, 12:48 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Do you or Fred have a link to the official Hacienda published list of vehicle values for all cars over six years old?

https://www.boe.es/buscar/doc.php?id=BOE-A-2020-17270
Old Apr 4th 2021, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks For the link, wow 1664 pages very comprehensive.
Old Apr 4th 2021, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Thanks For the link, wow 1664 pages very comprehensive.
Found the nearest car to my model on page 123,971! Using the reductions I expect the tax to be between €780-820. Well worth it as opposed to replacing like for like. If we succeed tomorrow that sever’s our last link to U.K. forced on us by Brexit.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 8:29 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

I have a vintage car and it does not appear on this list.

It was first registered in the mid 80s, so not really that old.

Where does that leave me if I want to take this vehicle to Spain?
Old Apr 5th 2021, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
I have a vintage car and it does not appear on this list.

It was first registered in the mid 80s, so not really that old.

Where does that leave me if I want to take this vehicle to Spain?
If its newer than 30 years I think it needs to have been a model that was sold here in the first place (thats what I was told a year or so ago)
Otherwise, you can contact these people, they are supposed to be good (I know someone who used them for an old Jag)

https://www.spanish-number-plates.co...oric-vehicles/

Old Apr 5th 2021, 6:22 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
If its newer than 30 years I think it needs to have been a model that was sold here in the first place (thats what I was told a year or so ago)
Otherwise, you can contact these people, they are supposed to be good (I know someone who used them for an old Jag)

https://www.spanish-number-plates.co...oric-vehicles/
And here's another article.

https://lifestylegroup.es/historic-n...ic-cars-spain/
Old Apr 5th 2021, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Alfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Your partner being Polish makes things easier for her, but if there aren't any "partners" in the BE forum who have been there, done that since January, you'd have to check carefully on the official Spanish sites how Spanish Administrations consider couples who aren't legally bound. Whether you'd be entitled to a "family" visa would depend on how strict they are on the matrimonial status.
You should make sure your dog has all the necessary paperwork, particularly concerning rabies.
HTH
Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola,

Davexf
Thanks everyone
Looks like I cannot bring a RHD pickup after all
So will rent a van, one way.

Another question that I cannot seem to find an answer to, do I need a customs document in order to leave the UK and enter France/Spain

And if so where would I find it?
Old Apr 5th 2021, 8:56 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the advise!

I owned the car since the 90s so I think I will have to pay 12% of the vehicle value.

Old Apr 9th 2021, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Sandm4n is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been told by several removal companies that if I move my USED personal belongings by myself I need only detailed packing list and TOR document.
Can anybody confirm that?
Old Apr 9th 2021, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandm4n
I've been told by several removal companies that if I move my USED personal belongings by myself I need only detailed packing list and TOR document.
As you have asked several. And they have all reported the same.
I would take that as a definitive answer, after all they are the professionals. Most of us here are only armchair experts

Could you not ask one of them to provide you with a sample copy of the required paperwork (If it were me I would have approached them as a potential customer and asked for sample copies of paperwork and the legal requirements)
Old Apr 9th 2021, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Alfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandm4n
Hi Sandman
I'm also struggling to establish whether or not I need a customs doc
And a removal company has told me that there is no need
BTW
What's a TOR please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.