Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain from the UK advice please 😁

Moving to Spain from the UK advice please 😁

Old Apr 2nd 2021, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Alfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Importing a pickup to Spain

Hi all 😊
Just joined this site and need some advice please.
Looking at moving to Spain over the next few months.
I need to bring some personal belongings with me, so am looking at buying a RHD pickup in the UK to enable me to bring as much as possible.
What is the cost of registering a, say approx £15,000, pickup in Spain, including all taxes, docs etc.
Also how expensive is it to insure a rhd in Spain compared to a LHD.
Any other tips welcome as well, as looking to rent for the 1st year and then to buy.
We will be moving to the Alicante/Torrevieja area, probably somewhere between the 2.
Thanks in advance
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 9:02 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing a pickup to Spain

Hola
If you haven't owned the vehicle for a year then you will have to pay an extra tax as the vehicle cannot be imported as your goods and chattels.

Davexf
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfonsocolli
Hi all 😊
Just joined this site and need some advice please.
Looking at moving to Spain over the next few months.
I need to bring some personal belongings with me, so am looking at buying a RHD pickup in the UK to enable me to bring as much as possible.
What is the cost of registering a, say approx £15,000, pickup in Spain, including all taxes, docs etc.
Also how expensive is it to insure a rhd in Spain compared to a LHD.
Any other tips welcome as well, as looking to rent for the 1st year and then to buy.
We will be moving to the Alicante/Torrevieja area, probably somewhere between the 2.
Thanks in advance
Yo do know that you will have to take a Spanish driving test after being here for 6 months (assuming you have a UK licence)??

And before you move you have to apply for and get a visa to move here.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Alfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond reputeAlfonsocolli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola
If you haven't owned the vehicle for a year then you will have to pay an extra tax as the vehicle cannot be imported as your goods and chattels.

Davexf
Thanks for the reply Davexf
The pickup will be a 5 year old one, not new, does that still apply even if I've just purchased it 2nd hand?
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Default Moving to Spain from the UK advice please 😁

Hi everyone
Just joined this site and am after any help or advice whatsoever...
We are planning to buy a 2nd hand pick up and drive it to Spain in the next 2 to 3 months. So any tax implications and or costs advice welcome 😊.
We will rent initially for a year in the area between Alicante and Torrevieja Again any advice, agents details etc much welcome 😊😊.
Once we get a feel of the area we will look at buying a house somewhere in those areas. Once more advice welcome 😊😊😊.
What and where do we need to go to register, NIE, change licence, change number plates, register with GP etc etc and anything else I'm not aware of please.
And moving forward.
A good estate agency to rent from (will need to secure the rental whilst still in the UK)
Agency that can help us eventually buy a home.
A solicitor that can speak English and also provide and legally translate the conveyancing documents into English.
And any tips on moving to Spain and buying in Spain

Thanks in advance 🇪🇸😁
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Barriej
Yo do know that you will have to take a Spanish driving test after being here for 6 months (assuming you have a UK licence)??

And before you move you have to apply for and get a visa to move here.
Hi Barrie
Wasn't aware of that
Do we not just swap our UK licence for a Spanish one?
A bit like we do in the UK?
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain from the UK advice please 😁

Presume you have your visa already arranged? Health insurance?
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 10:50 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

This has to be a wind up?
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

To be able to live in Spain permanently you will have to apply initially to the Spanish embassy while you are still living in the UK. You will need to apply for a Visa. To be successful with your residency and visa application you will need to fulfill the requirements for income and healthcare.

Steve
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of yet another ill conceived and ill researched 'plan' to move to Spain being flushed down the toilet!
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

Davexf
I believe it's 6 months not a year but possibly moot anyway as being rooted in EU law I'm not sure that arrangement will have survived Brexit.

Even if it has to benefit from the concession it's necessary to obtain a 'baja' from the Spanish tax authorities which was no easy matter before Brexit let alone now! i

On top of that if it's classed as a commercial vehicle (if homologated in Spain at all which is doubtful) then being RHD it may be precluded from registration - period, RHD panel vans are.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Presume you have your visa already arranged? Health insurance?
Hi SanDiegoGirl
Thanks for your reply
I have dual nationality, the other being italian
So won't need thay
Not sure what you mean by health insurance though?
Alfonso
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tebo53
To be able to live in Spain permanently you will have to apply initially to the Spanish embassy while you are still living in the UK. You will need to apply for a Visa. To be successful with your residency and visa application you will need to fulfill the requirements for income and healthcare.

Steve
Hi Steve
Thanks for your reply
I have dual nationality
The other being italian
I take it that I won't need to apply and fulfil those requirements?
Alfonso
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of yet another ill conceived and ill researched 'plan' to move to Spain being flushed down the toilet!
Why's that BE enthusiast?
I'm on here to find out what I need to do in order for me to move to Spain?
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile
This has to be a wind up?
Hi missile
No its not
I'm afraid I have no idea of what is required
Hence my initial question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.