Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Javea - looking for advice

Moving to Javea - looking for advice

Old May 20th 2011, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving to Javea - looking for advice

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I'm not disputing that - although stated population is almost certainly less than actual population

& yes - tourism is the major industry

& yes again - it's well documented that over half the population is non-Spanish

but that still doesn't make it the desolate place you seem to think it is in winter - it's a busy enough town all year round - but as I said, in summer, for me, it's a nightmare!!
I was in Javea last night for dinner, and although it had been showery all day, there was still a brilliant atmosphere, plenty of people out and about, etc. We don't tend to go there in the summer as it is way too busy and hard to park, but apart from July and August, its really rather nice
Old May 26th 2011, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Lilinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lom
I am just now looking at
Benitachell
Moraira
Cumbre del Sol

Are these nice places with good local schools? Would you recommend any of them?
Originally Posted by lynnxa
Benitachell - I'm told the primary school is goodCumbre del Sol - great views - great for hols but a long drive from everything
Hello.

I've lived in both Moraira and Javea over the last 23 years, I currently reside in Javea and my daughter goes to school in Benitachell. I Can confirmt the school is very good, we are very happy as is our daughter.

Your child/children can go to school there if you reside in Moraira or Cumbre or Benitachell (Although we live in javea we did live in benitachell previously alos)

Benitachell is nice, epsecially in the rural areas. I like it there as it has the village feel, has nice countryside and sits right in the middle of Javea and Moraira and with good links to Teulada and Bennisa for the mortorway. So you ge the best of 2/3 areas close by.

Just my tuppence worth.

Oh, another village we like is Jesus pobre. It sits at the foot of the Montgo and is relatively close to Javea and Denia, might be worth a look, it is a very pretty and quaint little village with strict licensing laws so theres not too much construction.
Old May 26th 2011, 10:42 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lilinspain
Hello.

I've lived in both Moraira and Javea over the last 23 years, I currently reside in Javea and my daughter goes to school in Benitachell. I Can confirmt the school is very good, we are very happy as is our daughter.

Your child/children can go to school there if you reside in Moraira or Cumbre or Benitachell (Although we live in javea we did live in benitachell previously alos)

Benitachell is nice, epsecially in the rural areas. I like it there as it has the village feel, has nice countryside and sits right in the middle of Javea and Moraira and with good links to Teulada and Bennisa for the mortorway. So you ge the best of 2/3 areas close by.

Just my tuppence worth.

Oh, another village we like is Jesus pobre. It sits at the foot of the Montgo and is relatively close to Javea and Denia, might be worth a look, it is a very pretty and quaint little village with strict licensing laws so theres not too much construction.
yes - Jesus Pobre is nice - & property to rent & buy is much cheaper there than it is right on the coast