Reload this Page >

Moving to Javea - looking for advice

Moving to Javea - looking for advice

Old May 11th 2011, 3:46 pm
lom
Just Joined

lom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Javea - looking for advice

Hi my name is Lilly and I am new to this forum.

I am, hopefully, moving to Javea with my partner and my 8 year old daughter and am a little lost

I have noticed many of you speak highly about the area. If you could give me pros and cons or any advice about the area I would be very thankful.

Also, I am looking at houses online and have made contact with a letting agent, however I am very confused about the locations of the houses I am looking at (I am basically shortlisting properties as we are coming over later this month to view the selected properties.)

Could you guys maybe tell me the difference between the following areas?

Balcon Al Mar
Tossalet
Costa Nova
Rafalet
Sol de Este
Adsubia

I am also very concerned about getting my daughter into a good state school. Are any of these areas better/worse considering safety/proximity to schools/beaches/shops etc...

In advance, a big thank you!

Kr
Lilly
Old May 11th 2011, 4:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Javea - looking for advice

Originally Posted by lom

I am, hopefully, moving to Javea with my partner and my 8 year old daughter and am a little lost

I have noticed many of you speak highly about the area. If you could give me pros and cons or any advice about the area I would be very thankful.

Also, I am looking at houses online and have made contact with a letting agent, however I am very confused about the locations of the houses I am looking at (I am basically shortlisting properties as we are coming over later this month to view the selected properties.)

Balcon Al Mar
Tossalet
Costa Nova
Rafalet
Sol de Este
Adsubia

I am also very concerned about getting my daughter into a good state school. Are any of these areas better/worse considering safety/proximity to schools/beaches/shops etc...

Kr
Lilly
Welcome to the forum Lily
You've got me confused now :-)
You want to live actually in Javea?
Adsubia for instance is near Pego ... miles away from Javea
Old May 11th 2011, 4:09 pm
lom
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well glad I am can spread the confusion! lol

This is what it reads on the website "The villa is situated in the Adsubia area of Javea a five minute drive to the beaches and port areas" On the map this Adsubia area looks to be a bit far away...?

What about the rest of the places I mentioned, are they not in Javea either maybe?

I don´t necessarily have to be in central Javea but I need to be in a good school catchment area and close to nice restaurants and local shops...
Old May 11th 2011, 4:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lom

Balcon Al Mar
Tossalet
Costa Nova
Rafalet
Sol de Este
Adsubia

Kr
Lilly
Hi

I've been here in Jávea 7.5 years now - with my 2 daughters & my OH

the areas you list are all at least a 10 minute drive 'out' - none of them near schools/beaches/main shops

I have to get to work in a min, but I have a map somewhere which shows you all the urbs & where they are - I'll dig it out later & post it

the school your daughter will go to will depend upon where you live - I'm pretty sure all of those are in the catchment area of the Arenal School

both my daughters go/went there - my older one is now at secondary school & the younger one will graduate from primary in June & join her sister at the instituto in Sept

we have always been very happy with the school - but I've never really heard anything bad about any of the primary schools in Jávea
Old May 11th 2011, 4:11 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Originally Posted by lom
Well glad I am can spread the confusion! lol

This is what it reads on the website "The villa is situated in the Adsubia area of Javea a five minute drive to the beaches and port areas" On the map this Adsubia area looks to be a bit far away...?

What about the rest of the places I mentioned, are they not in Javea either maybe?

I don´t necessarily have to be in central Javea but I need to be in a good school catchment area and close to nice restaurants and local shops...
don't panic!!

there is an urb on the outskirts of Jávea called Adsubia

I wouldn't say 5 mins though...
Old May 11th 2011, 4:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Hi

the areas you list are all at least a 10 minute drive 'out' - none of them near schools/beaches/main shops

I have to get to work in a min, but I have a map somewhere which shows you all the urbs & where they are - I'll dig it out later & post it

the school your daughter will go to will depend upon where you live - I'm pretty sure all of those are in the catchment area of the Arenal School

both my daughters go/went there - my older one is now at secondary school & the younger one will graduate from primary in June & join her sister at the instituto in Sept

we have always been very happy with the school - but I've never really heard anything bad about any of the primary schools in Jávea
Adsubia is about 40 minutes away , the other side of Pego going out to the mountains
Old May 11th 2011, 4:12 pm
Senior Moment

don't panic!!

there is an urb on the outskirts of Jávea called Adsubia

I wouldn't say 5 mins though...

Ahh, Ok that would explain it all then
Old May 11th 2011, 4:19 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderadors for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old May 11th 2011, 4:27 pm
lom
Just Joined

Hi

Thank you so much Lynnxa, that would be very helpful!!!

Are there any areas I should look for or try to avoid ?
Old May 11th 2011, 4:31 pm
lom
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lom
Thank you so much Lynnxa, that would be very helpful!!!

Are there any areas I should look for or try to avoid ?
Thank you so much I am sure I will bombard you guys with endless annoying questions over the next few months...
Old May 11th 2011, 4:42 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I've lived in Balcon al Mar, a lovely residential area of detached villas in the mountains to the south of Javea, but it's a good ten-minute drive from the town or Arenal, and it's full of winding roads. Locally it's known as BAM and it's supposed to have the healthiest climate in the world (sea, sun and plenty of healthy trees, and no pollution).

I know of all the other urbanisations which are also a good ten minute drive from town, apart from Costa Nova, which is just along from Arenal beach, and has some nice apartment blocks right on the sea.
Old May 11th 2011, 5:04 pm
lom
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HBG
I've lived in Balcon al Mar, a lovely residential area of detached villas in the mountains to the south of Javea, but it's a good ten-minute drive from the town or Arenal, and it's full of winding roads. Locally it's known as BAM and it's supposed to have the healthiest climate in the world (sea, sun and plenty of healthy trees, and no pollution).

I know of all the other urbanisations which are also a good ten minute drive from town, apart from Costa Nova, which is just along from Arenal beach, and has some nice apartment blocks right on the sea.
Thank you HBG.
Would you recommend Balcon al Mar? Do you know the local schools? Are there any local shops and restaurants in BAM? Most of the villas I am looking at seem to be there...

Is there any on this list you would rather choose or not recommend?
Old May 11th 2011, 6:18 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by lom
Thank you HBG.
Would you recommend Balcon al Mar? Do you know the local schools? Are there any local shops and restaurants in BAM? Most of the villas I am looking at seem to be there...

Is there any on this list you would rather choose or not recommend?
I used to live on Costa Nova - it's right up on the Cabo La Nao near Balcon

I think HBG is getting it confused with Cala Blanca which is indeed right near tha Arenal & by the sea

if you're going to live up on La Nao you need to make sure you are on the south facing side of any hill - otherwise you'll get no sun from Sept til Easter & freeze in the winter

many if not most of the villas were originally built as summer homes & are damp & cold in the winter - even if they have central heating
Old May 11th 2011, 6:32 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

have a look at the map on this website http://javea.callejero.net/

you can move it around & it shows most of the urbs

oddly it doesn't show Balcón al Mar - but if you find Costa Nova, Balcón is just below & to the right on the map where it says Cap de la Nao

we lived on Costa Nova, as I said, and it used to take around 10 -15 mins to drive to the Arenal school

and you asked where to avoid - Jávea Park - you really wouldn't want to live there

Last edited by lynnxa; May 11th 2011 at 6:42 pm.
Old May 11th 2011, 8:48 pm
lom
Just Joined

have a look at the map on this website http://javea.callejero.net/

you can move it around & it shows most of the urbs

oddly it doesn't show Balcón al Mar - but if you find Costa Nova, Balcón is just below & to the right on the map where it says Cap de la Nao

we lived on Costa Nova, as I said, and it used to take around 10 -15 mins to drive to the Arenal school

and you asked where to avoid - Jávea Park - you really wouldn't want to live there

http://l.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/canstock3893312.jpg
Thank you, again Lynnxa!
In that case would you recommend going out of Javea and look around the small villages in the area to get a small spanish village feel close to schools and local shops/restaurants.

I am just now looking at
Benitachell
Moraira
Cumbre del Sol

Are these nice places with good local schools? Would you recommend any of them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.