Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Almeria Spain

Moving to Almeria Spain

Old Aug 3rd 2020, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

LARAINE 2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Almeria Spain

Thank you. Do you know how long it can take to get legal residency? and is it that we need before the deadline to qualify? and renting we can still get this requirement? ☺️
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LARAINE 2020
Thank you. Do you know how long it can take to get legal residency? and is it that we need before the deadline to qualify? and renting we can still get this requirement? ☺️
Yes you need preferably to be legally resident or at least have commenced the procedure before the 1 January 2021. You do not need to own property to obtain residency but you will need somewhere to live and a legal rental contract. The system has just (July 6) changed and for new applicants is a phased operation involving Extranjera Office (immigration) initially followed by an appointment at a nearby Police National Station, for fingerprinting and details photograph for residency card to be made. Finally a final trip to collect card when it is ready. We have just carried out this procedure for my wife and it took us 6 days from beginning to completion although we are still waiting for authorisation to collect the card. If you look through recent threads on the forum there is detailed information on doing this. However don't expect any English to be spoken so if in any doubt use a gestor I believe they charge around 200+ euros per person.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much. I understand how it works now. Can you recommend a gestor
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much. I understand how it works now. Can you recommend a gestor
I am not anywhere near your area I'm afraid. I'm sure someone will be able to offer some advise if you are a little more specific on the exact area you are looking to move to. Well worth looking at the recent threads on obtaining the new TIE card for residency. There is a lot of very good information within the threads. Good luck
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Again thank you so much for your help
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Do you enjoy living there? How long have you been there?
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you enjoy living there? How long have you been there?
There are plusses and minuses as always but generally I enjoy living in Spain yes. We have had a house here for over 12 years but lived full time for 2 years. The heat at the moment here is actually a minus as it hit 54 deg yesterday. It really depends upon where you relocate and what your reasons for doing so are, I doubt anyone has or wants exactly the same things. Hence importance of ensuring when you buy everything or at least as near as you can everything is what you want, only you will know that.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 4:34 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I think your thermometer was in the sun. The highest temperature was in Velez Málaga at 45.6º.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fred James
I think your thermometer was in the sun. The highest temperature was in Velez Málaga at 45.6º.
It was in the car near to Velez Málaga so yes no doubt showing higher but it has been extremely hot last few days. Slightly cooler today
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

The warmer winters are a plus and to relax with clock watching anymore would be wonderful. To be able to plan something, like a BBQ and know the weather will be ok and not raining. To jump in the pool whenever I want, to wake up to the sun and stunning views. I don’t think I’m asking for to much lol
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

We are 2 weeks away from moving over and this morning our solicitor has given us an update on the residency requirements when going to Alicante.
They are now asking for a minimum of €9000 in a bank account and it should have been there for 3 months.
They have also said that the full policy for the health care has to be provided not just the certificate as before.
Obviously with everything Spanish it varies from day to day but that's the information I have been given from people who have completed the new system.

We will find out hopefully mid August exactly what will be asked for when we start our application.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that info. I think we will be ok with that. Which insurance company have you gone with? Have you used a gestor?
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The warmer winters are a plus and to relax with clock watching anymore would be wonderful. To be able to plan something, like a BBQ and know the weather will be ok and not raining. To jump in the pool whenever I want, to wake up to the sun and stunning views. I don’t think I’m asking for to much lol
No I'm sure you will achieve all of the things you mention.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that info. I think we will be ok with that. Which insurance company have you gone with? Have you used a gestor?
Insurance wise we went with Aegon a Spanish company via Banco Santander as it was discounted. €623 a year each. I have another quote from a company in Albir for around €850 each both with no Co pay..
We have used a firm of solistiors in Albir for everything. I used to work away alit so could not guarantee when I could get to Spain. We gave them POA for the flat purchase and they are doing the residency application once we arrive. They know the system and because they speak fluent Spanish there is no mis communication and the cost is not prohibitive.
​​​​
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Anywhere near the Med coast will be sunnier and warmer during winter but don't underestimate the summer heat as bobd22 mentioned. Don't know where you are looking in Almeria but some areas have more drug problems and the gitanos can be quite rough, so buy wisely and do your research.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.