Reload this Page >

Moving to Almeria Spain

Moving to Almeria Spain

Old Aug 2nd 2020, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

LARAINE 2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Almeria Spain

Hello everyone
Im looking to buy a villa in Almeria and move out around October 2020. I’m so confused, is it easy or hard to move over. I thought once I found a villa I like, I can move over then start the process of residency. Can someone help with how I make the move. What do I need to do once I have found my home? I will be a cash buyer with money to live on. Do I have to prove before I move out how much I have to authorities?
Any advise you could give me on moving over would be very helpful
Thank you ☺️
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 6:37 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Almeria Spain

If you have the cash and buy before Dorris' deadline, buy and be happy. Find a decent EA to guide you through the process.

However, I would caution against buying in haste, you might live to regret it.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks what’s is an EA ☺️ have you moved out there?
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Estate Agent = Realtor (US).
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Lol sorry blonde moment 😂
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 9:24 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

When are you planning on visiting Almeria?
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

We are thinking of trying to move out in October or November
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 11:03 am
Started off with nothing

That does not give you much time to find and complete on a property before we crash out of the EU.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you try to get a rental property for 5-6 months, which will be a winter rental and cheaper and easier to secure, rather than buying a property with all the due diligence required. Then next year, with residency sorted, you can look for a villa to buy.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

If we rented first would we still come under the withdrawal agreement ?
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, and that's what I am doing in Andalucia later this year. You still need to show sufficient financial means not to become a burden on the Spanish state, which usually means you have around 8,000 euro/year to live on.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

That’s good to know and all ok. Do you know how much the average health insurance is?
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

See https://www.healthplanspain.com/sani...type=residency
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you 😀
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LARAINE 2020
If we rented first would we still come under the withdrawal agreement ?
It's your legal residency in Spain or elsewhere in the EU that gives you the lifelong protection while resident under the withdrawal agreement property ownership means nothing. So better you get here ASAP rent and get legal residency rather than rushing into a property purchase and possibly live to regret that. If you rent and sort out residency you can then at your leisure ensure you purchase a property that really suits you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.