Reload this Page >

Mortgage advice for buying on Esuri

Mortgage advice for buying on Esuri

Old Apr 4th 2016, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Big Dange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mortgage advice for buying on Esuri

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help and advice. I have been over in Spain the last week and spent the day in Esuri on Saturday viewing properties. I have decided on a 3 bed duplex in Marina but now have a few more questions.

1) It's up for €97k Euros via Bank Popular. Can I negotiate on price? If so how much can I expect to have knocked off?

2) I know there is a 10% buying fee added to this but what else can I expect to pay?

3) The property is barely finished so what are the likely costs of having the following fitted
Air con
Mossie Blinds
Sucrity shutters (do I need these)

4) What are the estimated annual running costs of the duplex for Gas, Electricity, Water, Council Tax and Maintenance fee's.
Old Apr 5th 2016, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Big Dange, I've replied to you via your private message box re above purchase.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Have sent you a PM

John
Old Apr 6th 2016, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

After the sale you may be asked to pay the sales tax on the difference between what you paid and what the tax office say it's worth.
I forget what the tax is called but am sure someone will post about it now.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnnyone
After the sale you may be asked to pay the sales tax on the difference between what you paid and what the tax office say it's worth.
I forget what the tax is called but am sure someone will post about it now.
I believe this is 100% contestible and nobody actual ends up paying it. I may be mis-informed but that's what I heard
Old Apr 7th 2016, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

If you buy new from the developer / bank you pay 10% iva (vat), if it has been previously owned you pay property transfer tax at 8%. Either way it is technically based on the perceived registered value, NOT the price you paid, although initially you pay it only on the price you paid. Two years ago, I had to employ an architect to appeal against the additional bill that came thru a few months later from the Hacienda. It went straight through and he won the appeal easy. Just a paperwork exercise. East money for the architect. Nowadays, there have been so many appeals that have all been accepted that I doubt you will even get the extra tax bill. If you do there are so many precedents that you would not need to employ an architect to appeal for you. You could get your solicitor /tax advisor to do it for you.
SO NO WORRIES !!
Old Apr 7th 2016, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

👍
Old Apr 12th 2016, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Most banks will give you 80% mortgage and you will have to fund the 20% plus costs (your state agent will give you more info on that, and tends to be quite accurate in my experience).
I got my mortgage with la Caixa, avoid them if you can like the plague!!
I hope this helps.