Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mortgage advice for buying on Esuri

Mortgage advice for buying on Esuri

Old Mar 17th 2016, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Big Dange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mortgage advice for buying on Esuri

Love Big Bang, enjoy. Thanks Again Keith.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

If you are buying a bank repossession, you may find that you can only obtain a mortgage from that bank.

As far as maintenance costs are concerned, I don't know about Marina or Vista but up on Colin as it doesn't matter what floor you are on. Costs are worked out based on your % of the block. So the penthouses pay most as they are the biggest. The 3 bed properties pay next greatest. Size is the key, not the position.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi Kath, thanks for the info - I meant more the maintinance of the garden. What's it like up on Colinas? There are some really good deals to be had up there but it looks very quite?
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Maintenance of the communal garden is everyone's responsibility. We like a ground floor apartment as it means we have a private garden.

Colinas is quiet, but that's what we like about it. Marina and Vista can get very busy/noisy in July and August. We think we have the best of both worlds.

We also have some superb views.
Old Mar 17th 2016, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi Katherine, thanks for that. I might have a look at what's going up on Colinas as you make a good point. Are you there full time? I'm avoiding GF because of the private garden and the upkeep as I'm looking for a holiday home
Old Mar 18th 2016, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Dange
I know where it is now. Thanks, not ideal overlooking the road but my prorities are
1) Bank Repossesion (I need a high LTV mortgage)
2) Vista or Marina (Walking distance to golf club & established)
3) 3 Bed (prefer not GF to avoid maintance costs)
That would be great if you could Keith so I can make sure I get the best deal. In your opinion / experience are there new ones popping up all the time or would I be lucky to find a Duplex on Marina at circa 90k and sold get in now?
Not Ground Floor will not avoid maintenance costs as these are shared proportionately through the community and intercommunity charges.

Also; Manzana is not the same as 'block' each Manzana may have a number of blocks (neuclei) for example M7 has 13 'blocks'
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Not Ground Floor will not avoid maintenance costs as these are shared proportionately through the community and intercommun '
But I think the point is that if you have a private garden you are solely responsible for its upkeep. I think we have spent getting on for £10k on the garden as it was just a patch of weeds when we bought but now the upkeep is relatively minimal. Artificial grass helps.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Katherine, thanks for that. I might have a look at what's going up on Colinas as you make a good point. Are you there full time? I'm avoiding GF because of the private garden and the upkeep as I'm looking for a holiday home
Just be aware that a so called holiday home can be a lot more expensive than the upkeep of a private property with garden (detached), as you are paying community fees. Regarding buying a bank repossession, don't be fooled by them and knock at least 40% of their prices.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again, Its keith from Marina Esuri. I went out late morning to get the details for you from the 12ft x 8ft advertising banner and it was GONE !!!!!! I will try to find out and private message you with anything I can get. Btw, it does get busy & a bit noisy on both Vista and Marina in August, but we don't come out in august for that reason. The rest of the year it is lovely with easy walking access to hola 19 and the clubhouse. It IS quite a long way up to Colinas. You must work out your priorities. Bfn keith
Old Mar 18th 2016, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ps. Regarding costs. You should budget for about 2500 euros p.a, to cover the maintenance (about 1200), the ibi/council tax, the EUC tax, letting /tourist tax, standing charges on water & electric, insurance, priinet wifi-180, about 60 euros for an abogado office to do your annual tax forms, bank account charges, etc etc. Don' t be fooled into thinking if you are not there for 9 months of the year it will cost you next to nothing !! It has easily cost me 2500 in the last 12 months. Regds keith
Old Mar 21st 2016, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Just be aware that a so called holiday home can be a lot more expensive than the upkeep of a private property with garden (detached), as you are paying community fees. Regarding buying a bank repossession, don't be fooled by them and knock at least 40% of their prices.
Hi Moses - thanks for this, do you have experience in buying from the bank because Ana at Inmosolspain has told me bank offers are none negotiable.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hi again, Its keith from Marina Esuri. I went out late morning to get the details for you from the 12ft x 8ft advertising banner and it was GONE !!!!!! I will try to find out and private message you with anything I can get. Btw, it does get busy & a bit noisy on both Vista and Marina in August, but we don't come out in august for that reason. The rest of the year it is lovely with easy walking access to hola 19 and the clubhouse. It IS quite a long way up to Colinas. You must work out your priorities. Bfn keith
Hello again Keith,

Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Any information you can send me is a great help. My friend went to look at some properties for me over the weekend and none seem perfect albeit good value. I'm planning on coming out myself at the end of April to choose one so would be good to view as big a range as possible. I believe there may be some town houses up for good money too. We'd be coming out for Easter, July, August and October. I don't mind it being lively as long as your not on top of each other.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Mortgage advice for buying on Esuri

Hi again big dange!! Sorry I did not get back to you, I've been under the weather with a chill / stomach upset for final 4 days at esuri. Returned to uk yesterday to find Gatwick sunny and a balmy 16 degs. Wow !!. Regarding your finding a property, I would regard Ana Aroujo with the highest esteem. I would think she knows almost everything available, although she may not be able to represent it all. Your best bet is to access an online advertising board called MILANNUNCIOS. Just enter ....... costa esuri -se vende .......... into Google and it will come up with almost EVERY property for sale. All agents seem to advertise on MilAnnuncios, so you get the lot. Just plough through it.
I just checked and 2 bed apts of the style on Vista, colinas & encinas start at about €69k. Trouble is, a year ago they were widely available for 54k. Difficult to explain the sudden increase this spring typically of about 20% on last year as this does not corrulate with statistics. However, Esuri was hit extremely hard in the banking crisis seeing some of the greatest falls in values. Now that the developer M.Fadesa is being unwound it might simply be that public confidence & optimism in the area is growing. It also looks like interest rates for savers will remain low for a long time yet, hence I guess investors are looking for somewhere to stash their cash rather than watching it rot in the banking system at less than 2%.
I think you need to rent a property on Esuri SOON for a couple of weeks and view everything you can, to get a gut feeling for what suits YOU and your budget. Finally, my personal thoughts are that the proposed water park will never happen and the unfinished local shopping centre and golf hotel are probably not going to open until at least 2020 and even that is probably optimistic!!
Having said all this I much prefer the Ayamonte area to the costa blanca where we had a place many years ago. Hope that helps. GOOD LUCK.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Moses - thanks for this, do you have experience in buying from the bank because Ana at Inmosolspain has told me bank offers are none negotiable.
Hi Big Dange, I bought in Spain from private sellers who were just struggling to pay their mortgage of first home and had to get rid of their 2nd property, but have bought bank owned property at home and their is always room for negotiation. Even here, they actually say you set the price:

https://www.bbvavivienda.com/en/ofertas/detalle/361
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

hi dange
I recently got a 3bed in vista valued for a friend - €80k. The company valued are the same that are managing my own property in marina. It would appear that Marina is better value than vista for holding some of there value !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.