Reload this Page >

Directions from Faro Airport

Directions from Faro Airport

Old Nov 4th 2015, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Saycheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Directions from Faro Airport

Hi Guys

We visited last week for the first time in around 6 months and the road from the airport to Spain has changed. We used to follow the road from the airport until it basically ended and bend down to a smaller road which then lead to the main road down to Spain but its all changed. We went around in circles and got to the main Spain road in the end but i have relatives coming over next week and cant work out which road they should take from the airport. Can anayone help?

Thanks
Old Nov 4th 2015, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Directions from Faro Airport

Where the road used to bend round it continues over a roundabout on the new bit. You need to take the exit slip before the overpass, confusingly it is signposted towards Faro and Sao Bras but not towards Espanha or the A22. At the roundabout go right round to the 3rd (left turn) exit and you will now be on the N2 northbound towards the A22 - which was the usual route before the changes.
If you look at the satellite view on google maps you will see an indication of what I meant
Old Apr 12th 2016, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

I am getting totally boggled giving directions from Faro. Has this now changed with the new road? help i am useless at directions!
Old Apr 12th 2016, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

My directions currently read

Follow the N2 to the end and where you will filter onto the n2/a22. Follow the n2/a22 until you see the sign for IP1
Old Apr 12th 2016, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Anyone got a map they send to guests thats up to date?
Old Apr 12th 2016, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Is this correct?

Leaving Faro airport take the first exit on the right at the roundabout (The roundabout has statues of people looking up to the sky)

Take the exit signposted towards Faro and Sao Bras but not towards Espanha or the A22.

At the roundabout go right round to the 3rd (left turn) exit and you will be on the N2 northbound.

Follow the N2 until you see an exit on your right marked for IP1 Espana. (This junction can catch you out so keep a look out for it)

Follow the NP1 for 40 minutes until you cross the bridge into Spain.

Take the first right after you have passed over the bridge and follow the signs for Ayamonte.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saycheese
Is this correct?

Leaving Faro airport take the first exit on the right at the roundabout (The roundabout has statues of people looking up to the sky)

Take the exit signposted towards Faro and Sao Bras but not towards Espanha or the A22.

At the roundabout go right round to the 3rd (left turn) exit and you will be on the N2 northbound.

Follow the N2 until you see an exit on your right marked for IP1 Espana. (This junction can catch you out so keep a look out for it)

Follow the NP1 for 40 minutes until you cross the bridge into Spain.

Take the first right after you have passed over the bridge and follow the signs for Ayamonte.
That's about right - the only thing is to make sure you take the right 'Faro' exit as there are at least 3 exits signed towards Faro. If you were used to the big loop round onto the N2 then the new exit replaces the big loop with a roundabout more or less underneath where that big loop used to be. For newbies then forget there was ever the big loop at the end of the road and take the exit marked ' Faro and Sao Bras' and none of the others. Then you need to be heading North away from Faro and towards the A22 on the N2.

Don't worry, it will all become clear when you do it. As I said before the satellite view on Google Maps is much more up to date than the map view so have a look at that, it's not completely up top date but will give you the idea.

I take it you are heading for Ayamonte and not Costa Esuri as you would need to turn right at the first exit after bridge if you were.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. We are used to the big loop and we did it last week but we thought what we had done is come off at the big loop but via a sliproad but couldnt recall name of junction. Just need it for future guests. So i tell them to ignore an signs for faro or spain excpet for sao Bras? We spotted a confusing sign for Vila Real
Old Apr 12th 2016, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Saycheese
Thanks. We are used to the big loop and we did it last week but we thought what we had done is come off at the big loop but via a sliproad but couldnt recall name of junction. Just need it for future guests. So i tell them to ignore an signs for faro or spain excpet for sao Bras? We spotted a confusing sign for Vila Real
The Vila Real direction would take you on the N125 - which is great if you want tò avoid the toll but will take twice as long.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

When I drove last week the signs we saw was Faro /Alportel (I believe they are the same as Sao Bras) and that's the exit we took