Mobiles

Old May 12th 2013, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mobiles

Movistars basic pay as you go sim is a 5 euro top up lasts for 6 months.Ideal if like me you only need to use in emergencies
Old May 13th 2013, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Movistars basic pay as you go sim is a 5 euro top up lasts for 6 months.Ideal if like me you only need to use in emergencies
Vodafone PAYG is the same, and should you overrun the six month deadline then you simply put another five euros on it, doing that means you also get any credit that was on there refunded too.
Old May 13th 2013, 6:40 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

presumably all the others are like Movistar ??
I top up my PAYGO and get a receipt text from them within a second or so of the transaction. On that it says how long you have until the end of the period before your phone will die.
Old May 13th 2013, 9:23 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. That's it. I wish everything in Spain were so simple.

I tend to believe that PayG services have become so popular that the mobile providers services have become really focused on competing for that market. I find PayG much more suitable/flexible for my needs than a burdensome contract (even if slightly more expensive). I only pay for what I use.
Old May 13th 2013, 9:48 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Yep. That's it. I wish everything in Spain were so simple.

I tend to believe that PayG services have become so popular that the mobile providers services have become really focused on competing for that market. I find PayG much more suitable/flexible for my needs than a burdensome contract (even if slightly more expensive). I only pay for what I use.
I still retain a UK mobile with Vodfone, (been with them almost since day 1), same principal, although I trust a bit more (but not much) and recharge the pot online with previously registered card.

I think Spain is getting there, they have a few things to catch up on but generally telecomms wise they aren't doing too bad. They are struggling a bit to cover the blank spots, especially the shadows caused by mountains.

But it isnt that long ago I used to drive in East Anglia regularly and there was a blind spot just outside Cambridge, stuffed full of hi-tech companies. Funny thing was it was a perfectly flat area and you could see the mast. Took them 2 years to resolve that one.
Old May 14th 2013, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Sausages is an unknown quantity at this point

Rosemary, If you have landline with Movistar I would suggest you go into their shop, tell them you have land line with them and you want the cheapest mobile. I'm with Orange mobile and just ordered ADSL and it is €10 cheaper per month as I have their mobile. It's always cheaper keeping it in house. There are millions of different things, but if you're anything like me you'll want to just keep it simple where there is a one stop shop for your communication needs!

What I wouldn't do is to go to one of these ex pat con merchants who try and take advantage.
Old May 14th 2013, 1:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sausages
Rosemary, If you have landline with Movistar I would suggest you go into their shop, tell them you have land line with them and you want the cheapest mobile. I'm with Orange mobile and just ordered ADSL and it is €10 cheaper per month as I have their mobile. It's always cheaper keeping it in house. There are millions of different things, but if you're anything like me you'll want to just keep it simple where there is a one stop shop for your communication needs!

What I wouldn't do is to go to one of these ex pat con merchants who try and take advantage.
Thanks for that I will go and ask when I go to a large town.

Had to laugh at your comment because there are no ex pat con merchants around here because there is a distinct lack of expats.

Rosemary
Old May 14th 2013, 2:11 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sausages
the other half allway sthought it be the spanish that would
but you so right it was a fellow Brit, that tryed it with us
We ended up with two very cheap orange mobiles from carrefour in gandia
Old May 14th 2013, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd give Movistar a go based on their coverage in mountain areas (sods law that's where you wouls break down)
Old May 14th 2013, 5:38 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you have Movistar ADSL it may be cheaper if you have a Movistar contract but not if is only PAYG.

Just get the cheapest phone in the phone shop with a PAYG deal.