Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Marbella Belles

Marbella Belles

Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:03 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marbella Belles

Originally Posted by jdr
There are some people you immediatly want to give a slap, and boy that slapper with the kid at the start was one.
I hope people in UK dont think we are all like that, lol.
dont worry jdr, your secret is safe with us!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:47 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Awful, awful people. I feel bad that I even mentioned it was going to be on the telly

Hearing that spoilt (early 40s - yeah right!) Essex bird say that she hasn't got time to work and that she needed a nap after the rigours of changing a nappy made me want to kick my rather large LCD telly right off it's stand. And who'd call their child 'Blue' anyway?

And then there's the other woman who runs the beauty parlour. I suppose at least she's prepared to do some work for a living. But to sit there with her mate who'd just priced the diamonds on her braclet IRO 2000 Euros and said - "You know what? I've earned every penny of that" in such a smug, self-praising and patronising manner that I almost went for the sick bag. Poor thing. Three different kids to three different men. It must be soooo hard Shame she wasn't as good with her contraception as she is her business!

And then the final woman. Another Essex Ex-Pat. Screetching karoke. More money than sense. But she'd made it big in Real Estate!?! How? Unless she's actually very clever (which of course, she claimed to be). Yet there she was on her birthday in an exclusive Marbella restuarant and could not even be bothered to attempt ordering from the menu in Spanish. These are the typical people that I'd ensure I did all I could to distance myself from. The greedy, self-loving types that do nothing to promote good Spanish/Brit relationships.

I seriously hate them all.:curse:

Its the falseness of it all that galls me.

But I'll be watching again next week just to re-affirm my opinion!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:54 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Awful, awful people. I feel bad that I even mentioned it was going to be on the telly

Hearing that spoilt (early 40s - yeah right!) Essex bird say that she hasn't got time to work and that she needed a nap after the rigours of changing a nappy made me want to kick my rather large LCD telly right off it's stand. And who'd call their child 'Blue' anyway?

And then there's the other woman who runs the beauty parlour. I suppose at least she's prepared to do some work for a living. But to sit there with her mate who'd just priced the diamonds on her braclet IRO 2000 Euros and said - "You know what? I've earned every penny of that" in such a smug, self-praising and patronising manner that I almost went for the sick bag. Poor thing. Three different kids to three different men. It must be soooo hard Shame she wasn't as good with her contraception as she is her business!

And then the final woman. Another Essex Ex-Pat. Screetching karoke. More money than sense. But she'd made it big in Real Estate!?! How? Unless she's actually very clever (which of course, she claimed to be). Yet there she was on her birthday in an exclusive Marbella restuarant and could not even be bothered to attempt ordering from the menu in Spanish. These are the typical people that I'd ensure I did all I could to distance myself from. The greedy, self-loving types that do nothing to promote good Spanish/Brit relationships.

I seriously hate them all.:curse:

Its the falseness of it all that galls me.

But I'll be watching again next week just to re-affirm my opinion!
I never saw the third one, made it big in real estate !, I hope it wasn`t Rixxy, lol
Old Mar 21st 2007, 12:25 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I never saw the third one, made it big in real estate !, I hope it wasn`t Rixxy, lol

The first one set the tome for the whole programme! The last one was quite funny though, particularly when she started singing

Where is Rixxy anyway? I'd be interested to hear her comments, if she watched the programme
Old Mar 21st 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

recorded it and just watched it

oh dear oh dear oh dear

these people cant be for real - and as for the helium singing "real estate" agent at the end OMG

they couldnt invent people as awful so sad as it is I suppose they must be real
Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

LaCalaChica is an unknown quantity at this point

After seeing Lisa, i'm quite proud of myself, 38 years old and not a wrinkle in my head. and no i haven't had any surgery, whats with these womens dark lip liner and light lipstick, thats a definate no no.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:07 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

My 2pence w0orth with marbella babes. Thought id let the other half watch it so shed have an idea what its like down there. My instant reaction was "we're not going round that area" and oh my god yes that woman who has the maid look after her son. If anyone is down near marbella can you please find her out and give her a huge slap. I mean what sort of life has she got. Her other son doesnt even like her, he didnt even say bye when she dropped him off. I didnt really see her with any friends and her hubby is just letting her leech of him. Shes like a child herself. And i cant beleieve she said "they all shift out of the way for me.." whilst driving hehehe. She had better not encounter the black beeza FR when im down there because i would shmoke all over her people carrier and she'll be moving out of the way for me.

Sorry rant over about her. Her that whent there with nothing and got the salons deserve a bit more respect but i did hate the falseness of it all.

The program really didnt give a good impression of the expats at all. Nor did it really seem to talk about real life down there. Just silly woman who met rich boyfriends and got an easy life.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Marbella is a fab place.

When you are here, you choose who you are friends with. These people are around, but I live here and have lots of fantastic friends of all differnet nationalties including Spanish.

If you come and like drinking in the port and going clubing then that is the type of person you will meet.

By the way....that restaurant wasnt an exclusive restaurant in Marbella. Its just around the corner from Andalucian Plaza in Nueva Andalucia....
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

sonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant futuresonnyc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Sorry to swear......What a load of CRAP.... but guess I will still watch next week, it can´t get any worse....or can it???
Imagine how hard the researcher had to work to find that lot.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my boyfriend spent half an hour like this
with outbursts of this

Then there was the owner of 'posh' - she was going on about how lovely and pretty she was and how some women didnt look after themselves so their jusbands dumped them but she did blah blah blaaaahhh

Hey i wonder if they are reading this (probably too exhausted to do so or their nails are too long to deal with the keyboard).

This program was the perfect example of 'money doenst buy you class'
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:29 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like we all had a good laugh at this programme Do you think the women were serious Surely they didn't think anyone would be saying "oh, aren't they lucky, wish I was like them" They were EMBARASSING to watch!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:05 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Marbella Belles

Originally Posted by LaCalaChica
After seeing Lisa, i'm quite proud of myself, 38 years old and not a wrinkle in my head. and no i haven't had any surgery, whats with these womens dark lip liner and light lipstick, thats a definate no no.
Lol!
It used to be trendy, but I think they must have got stuck in a time warp!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

my boyfried was saying they are too dumb to realise that the program really is taking the pi$$ out of them and i think he is right!!!

cant wait for the next one !!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:07 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Marbella Belles

Originally Posted by Lionda
Seems like we all had a good laugh at this programme Do you think the women were serious Surely they didn't think anyone would be saying "oh, aren't they lucky, wish I was like them" They were EMBARASSING to watch!
Hi Lionda! Thank God it's not compulsary to have to keep up with the Jones'.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:18 am
Just Joined

LaCalaChica is an unknown quantity at this point

Had to laugh Global Radio was on when i got in the car to pick my daughter up from school and the DJ was taking the pi$$ out of the show, he had a top 10 of records that represented the women off Marbella Belles and the nº1 was FAKE by Alexander O'Neil, sorry i missed the others though. Did anybody else here it, he was requesting one of the women to phone him up live on the show?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.