Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

:: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

:: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: :: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

Congrats Pete, you just knew it had to come right in the end didn't you?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Clever idea ...

Well i am back

As advised after another week in Mallorca trying to find that ideal property i now shall give present update..

Friday;
Departed via Manston airport , plane left only 30 minutes late and all went smooth. arrived in Palma at about 3.00pm collected the Hertz car all clean and shiney a small SEAT Ibiza sport in red , and zoomed to Alcudia to the Hotel Delfin Azul hotel for about 4.30pm ..Time for mrs BP to unpack while i sit on the balcony admiring the view of the sea . lol

Check out the Hotel amenities looks good so far clean room , air con, good views , and live entertainment everynight so should be ok i think .

A lazy evening used the Hotel restaurant seems pretty good all clean and fresh so have dinner then just chill with a couple of drinks after the days travel.

Saturday;
Wake up with aches and pains ! beds like a block of concrete and only one pillow ? so not a good sleep .. However down to breakfast bit of egg and bacon to get the body in action and away to first prior appointment .
10.30am in Cala Romantica a small 3 bedded Villa with a pool one that Mrs BP found on the internet and i had prior emailled and set up the view.
Smashing little villa needs some TLC but could be very homely , so got lots of ticks on our log.
12.30am On to Cala Egos a scheduled view of a 5 bedroomed villa with no pool but advised by agent has room to fit one ! very cheap at 270,000 Euros so worth a look , lovely house but NO back garden ? So where is the pool gonna go i ask the agent ! She says you could put it in front lose the garage and the drive and stick it there !! Hmmmmm not very impressed with that idea so that one was crossed of list .
On to same agents second choice which she called her ace up her sleeve ? this one in Cala Dor more expensive area but this one she says has the wow factor ? her words lol. We arrive at this small 2 bedroomed villa with tiny front garden and tiny rear garden overlooked by about 4 other taller villas so lost 5 ticks already as the brief was for 3 bedrooms and Privacy !! anyways we go in and yes its all done in white has a fancy Plasma screen in the room and dressed very good , flashy kitchen and decorated lovely but as we are intending to use outdoor living a small garden and no pool isnt any good .
Back to base camp Hotel Delfin Azul in Alcudia for deserved rest and evening meal ..

Sunday;
Wake up after having a crap night with kids shouting and Drunken Brits and Germans up and down the corridors til 2 am !! and backaches from the beds etc.. Down to breaky followed by a Day Off on Alcudias beach ,waters lovely and warm glorious sunshine all day ..Nice evening up town and back to the Hotel to watch a very good live "Take That" tribute group ..

Monday;
Wake up with Backache , Neck ache , and Headache once again due to the Noise of the place !! Now starting to get the hump with the place , Kids still running shouting outside at 1.00am in the mornings Drunken people getting back to there rooms etc..
Decide to speak to Reception and ask for comfy beds to be provided ! they say sorry all we have , So i ask for another pillow ! they say sorry havent any ! So i advise i am not to impressed they say well sorry but tough luck or words to that extent !!!
Anyways on to Next Villa hunt appointment at 11.30am down to the South east corner a place called Sa Rapita , meet agent and he shows us some 4 villas all at the 440,000 Euro price range ironically the cheaper ones had been sold !! didnt tell me that on the last email did he !!! Never the less we was not impressed with the area as they was all way back from the coast line , and indeed the coastline was boring rocks anyways , and Mrs BP isnt happy unless its got squidgy sand lol
So no ticks on that days views .

Tuesday;
Appointments with Alcudia agent to view a property in Alcudia a area which had always been on our list , This villa turns out to be literally some 1 mile from the Hotel !! near to the road where the big water park is and near to edge of the swamp and lake region , so although in one respect its handy for shops and bars etc , the minus is the noise , the mosquitos , also the property at 395,000 is overpriced in my opinion as its very small got no rear garden at all and in the front is the pool leaving a tiny parking space for any trailer and car ..
Back to the beach in the afternoon top up the suntans , and then back to the hotel ..
In the lift in the evening this rather tired looking Northerner says "So yow arr awlright then " To which i reply well yes thanks for your concern , but why shouldnt i be ? . He says " Well me misses is ill sos me bairns , and theres bin 20 or so others gone ill seems a mystery bugs floating around the Hotel !!! "
Jeeez i thought while trying to hold me breath til he gets of at his floor !!
So now we not only in the noisiest Hotel in the world but in a health hazard zone lol
Now its keep away mode with no eating or drinking in the Hotel ..
Popped down to me normal Hotel and begged for them to get me a room , but still havent got any
That night at about 2.00am along the corridor is shouting and doors slamming , some British but lots of germans after some 10 minutes i decide enough is enough so slip on me trousers consider best to go to battle prepared lol Anyways i go out and see these 2 british tattood lads there sitting on the stairs so i say what the F*** is going on theres some of us trying to sleep etc... They tell me apparantly some German couple are having a mega serious Row and she locked him out and he kicked the door in and stuff .. Apparently they had told them to shut up and was now keeping watch so that was good news anyways . Shows that not all brits with tattoos are trouble right

Wednesday;
Skip Breakfast , hold breath in Lift and then rush out to first appointment at Betlem on the North East of the island , shown 3 villas all at 450,000 Euros nice villas but not worth the money as the place is so boring !! Nothing hardly to do ,to far from shops and stuff ..
Onwards to Colonia St pere nicer place but still didnt tick the boxes .
Back to Alcudia beach for late afternoon catch up on the tan and have a cooling swim .. Out for evening meal where we have a full run down of all the propertys and go through the propertys one by one .. There was only the one that got 8 of the 10 boxes ticked and that ironically was the very first one ..The Cala or Playa Romantica one ,, price is cheap, location peaceful , small walk to lovely beach 5 minutes to Shops and only 10 minutes to Porto Cristo ..
So its decided thats the one .

Thursday;
Wake up and ring the agent straight away tell him want to buy and arrange to meet for second view at the villa , which we then do ..
We then go back to his ofice and he speaks with the owner to ensure we get it secured while we are there . Owner accepts my offer was only 20k under so didnt get to greedy as i have learnt from before lol.
Anyways waitted around for contact to be drawn up which we all sign and owner signs by fax so will be sending deposit next week ..
Ring the Halifax in Palma who advises although office not done the final paperwork its all ok.. So all systems go part one of the move underway ..
Pop into SOL Bank open a account ready for transferring funds . then back to Alcudia ..

Friday ;
Fly back into Manston arriving at 1.00pm ,,
Figure i will check me emails as been away for the week , One email comes in from the Halifax asking me all sorts of technical questions , can i explain what this payment every month is for and whats that for and stuff ?? I only spoke to him yesterday and i have all this . so emailed him back with a snooty letter as why didnt he say all this yesterday . They are only lending some 130,000 Euros on a 350,000 Euro villa !! Wheres the risk to them ??
So now got to do some cover me bases as Halifax could be a time waster !!

So thats the jist of the trip , all i have to do now is sell the house and car here and away we go ...Mind you thats easier said than done as the last viewers havent been in touch ..

Have a viewer for the car tomorrow at 10.30am and a viewer for the house at 1.30pm so we shall see ...

pics of the little villa and the little bay ..
Looks great Pete - and judging by the prices of basic apartments when we were there in Feb it looks as if you have got a good deal (fingers crossed). Garden and pool looks fab!

Carol
Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:23 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Looks great Pete - and judging by the prices of basic apartments when we were there in Feb it looks as if you have got a good deal (fingers crossed). Garden and pool looks fab!

Carol
Thanks .
Well the property dropped 2 ticks on the log as the pool is small in length ,but its deep so will do the job for cooling off..
Garden is bigger than it looks it has a row of conifers planted left of the pool , this is masking a row of fruit trees which take up some additional 10 feet or so of grounds , i reckon when i am there maybe that be opened up , tiled and redesigned.

Yep i reckon its a good find , but a lot of searching and time spent over last few weeks found the little gem . timing had a lot to do as the old boy owner needs to get rid to get back to Germany as his wife is ill and will never be able to get back to the island , sad yep i know ..

Some of the propertys like 2 bedroomed stuff they want 400,000 for , i dont know why it seems they pluck a figure out the air

Update on todays viewings ;

Car;
Mr Smoothy Poser kitted out with Gold accessories arrived punctual .. He looked around the car found a couple of tiny nicks ( the dirt i rubbed on didnt work ) lol
Got in it i showed him all the toys , massage seats , heated seats , air cooled seats, TV , Bose Hi Fi, Raise and lower suspension system, AMG extras, Lingual command system, Distronic system , Electric roof , Sat Nav, Tiptronic Gearbox, Parktronic , etc, etc, and he was like a kid in a toyshop lol
Took it for a road test and i could see he was impressed
Walked around again and said i will take it Gave me £500 deposit and is coming over Next week with Bankers Draught to collect it ..
So one thing out the way.

House viewing;
Family turn up on time yet again , show them round made all the right sounds like ohhh nice and wow thats cool and its so big , then went down the lake and then back to the house spent ages outside talking between themselves and then he came in and said " Look i am very interested but want to check a few things but will let you know " So maybe a possible but being honest i have had that several times so far so who knows ?
Will obviously find out soon ..
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:12 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks .
Well the property dropped 2 ticks on the log as the pool is small in length ,but its deep so will do the job for cooling off..
Garden is bigger than it looks it has a row of conifers planted left of the pool , this is masking a row of fruit trees which take up some additional 10 feet or so of grounds , i reckon when i am there maybe that be opened up , tiled and redesigned.

Yep i reckon its a good find , but a lot of searching and time spent over last few weeks found the little gem . timing had a lot to do as the old boy owner needs to get rid to get back to Germany as his wife is ill and will never be able to get back to the island , sad yep i know ..

Some of the propertys like 2 bedroomed stuff they want 400,000 for , i dont know why it seems they pluck a figure out the air

Update on todays viewings ;

Car;
Mr Smoothy Poser kitted out with Gold accessories arrived punctual .. He looked around the car found a couple of tiny nicks ( the dirt i rubbed on didnt work ) lol
Got in it i showed him all the toys , massage seats , heated seats , air cooled seats, TV , Bose Hi Fi, Raise and lower suspension system, AMG extras, Lingual command system, Distronic system , Electric roof , Sat Nav, Tiptronic Gearbox, Parktronic , etc, etc, and he was like a kid in a toyshop lol
Took it for a road test and i could see he was impressed
Walked around again and said i will take it Gave me £500 deposit and is coming over Next week with Bankers Draught to collect it ..
So one thing out the way.

House viewing;
Family turn up on time yet again , show them round made all the right sounds like ohhh nice and wow thats cool and its so big , then went down the lake and then back to the house spent ages outside talking between themselves and then he came in and said " Look i am very interested but want to check a few things but will let you know " So maybe a possible but being honest i have had that several times so far so who knows ?
Will obviously find out soon ..
You have your own lake?

Sounds like you had a productive weekend, fingers crossed for the house sale
Old Jun 25th 2007, 2:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

WOW Big Pete you've certainly been busy while I've been off-line - well done with the house find, sounds like a good buy and you put in a lot of work looking around - all that sunbathing Hope everything goes smoothly for you I'm sure you and Mrs Big Pete will be very happy there. We will all have to come round to help with the gardening
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:24 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Well hello stranger i was worried over you so pleased your all ok

Oh i have been busy but !! Its doing me head in , last post car was sold i was well chuffed , This morning i get a call yep its Mr Smoothy , he says "I have had a sleepless night worrying over the car , i want to change my mind now ! " i said why he said "Well it did seem to have a bit of moisture in it on the window i felt it " Hmmmmm i said now correct me if i am wrong but it was torrential rain when you first arrived and you did insist on leaving the door open whilst you got your little podgy legs in right !! He says "well yes but i have heard some of them had roof sealing problems and so i am worried about it "
Anyways nutshell is Mr Smoothy with the podgy legs and the tin sprayed gold aint buying it

So back to the for sale on the car

Havent heard anything from the House buyers either

Had a bad day at work spent 2 hours to get to Crawley stuck in traffic on the M25 only then to get drenched in the downpour when there

All in all i seem to take a step forward then 1 back and pretty down about it ..
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:32 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: :: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

Well hello stranger i was worried over you so pleased your all ok

Oh i have been busy but !! Its doing me head in , last post car was sold i was well chuffed , This morning i get a call yep its Mr Smoothy , he says "I have had a sleepless night worrying over the car , i want to change my mind now ! " i said why he said "Well it did seem to have a bit of moisture in it on the window i felt it " Hmmmmm i said now correct me if i am wrong but it was torrential rain when you first arrived and you did insist on leaving the door open whilst you got your little podgy legs in right !! He says "well yes but i have heard some of them had roof sealing problems and so i am worried about it "
Anyways nutshell is Mr Smoothy with the podgy legs and the tin sprayed gold aint buying it

So back to the for sale on the car

Havent heard anything from the House buyers either

Had a bad day at work spent 2 hours to get to Crawley stuck in traffic on the M25 only then to get drenched in the downpour when there

All in all i seem to take a step forward then 1 back and pretty down about it ..
Don't be down Big Pete you are such a jovial soul, you are the one who cheers me up when I feel down lol

So come one...have a large glass of that real ale, put on one of your sounds of the Peak District cd's and get Mrs Big Pete to give you a neck massage whilst you close your eyes and think of sunny days by the pool of your new property in the sunshine

Podgy legs wouldn't have looked good in your car anyhow (not as good as you ) Hope you get a serious buyer soon, also for your house.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 7:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lionda
Don't be down Big Pete you are such a jovial soul, you are the one who cheers me up when I feel down lol

So come one...have a large glass of that real ale, put on one of your sounds of the Peak District cd's and get Mrs Big Pete to give you a neck massage whilst you close your eyes and think of sunny days by the pool of your new property in the sunshine

Podgy legs wouldn't have looked good in your car anyhow (not as good as you ) Hope you get a serious buyer soon, also for your house.
thanks Lionda
yep you know what its like though all the waitting and stuff , stuck in limbo here ! But will try and perk up , blow it i will have a real ale and stick the classic "Peak District and its slippery slopes (in colour) dvd in that will calm me ..

Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:17 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi Big Pete

I'm catching up with a little bit of light reading and thought I would check your update out, glad I did. Congrats on your find in Mallorca...looks great, with a sea view as well or was that the pool

No sweats on the car and house sale it will happen just when you least
expect it. Take care
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:23 pm
Popping in for a chat

thanks Lionda
yep you know what its like though all the waitting and stuff , stuck in limbo here ! But will try and perk up , blow it i will have a real ale and stick the classic "Peak District and its slippery slopes (in colour) dvd in that will calm me ..

:thumbup

That's more like it Big Pete
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:18 pm
Banned

:thumbup

That's more like it Big Pete
Anyways wheres your exploit log Lionda ? Want to know how your doing out there young lady ??
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:33 pm
Popping in for a chat

Anyways wheres your exploit log Lionda ? Want to know how your doing out there young lady ??
I'll put a thread on here tomorrow Big Pete, the move over hasn't been easy for us so I'll try not to make it sound too boring
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:40 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I'll put a thread on here tomorrow Big Pete, the move over hasn't been easy for us so I'll try not to make it sound too boring
We don't mind boring, have you read some of the threads lately!!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:45 pm
Banned

Latest update;

Had 2 more viewings on the house , still no offers even..
Not a single enquiry on the car

Its been hammering it down with rain all day
Broadbands stopped working so now back on the modem , and boy is it slow

Isnt life great
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:47 pm
Straw Man.

Latest update;

Had 2 more viewings on the house , still no offers even..
Not a single enquiry on the car

Its been hammering it down with rain all day
Broadbands stopped working so now back on the modem , and boy is it slow

Isnt life great
You need a drink!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.