Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

:: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

:: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:15 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: :: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

Update ; stardate 4th July 2007 Big Petes Log..

Had a Buyer for the car today ! A coloured chap and what a interesting viewing i had , he turned up with his woolly hat on like Bob Marleys type lol , I thought hmmmm is he a Rap artist ? Or is he gonna nick it ?
Well i offered him a drink and he said he was ok lets get straight to the car , so we go through it and start chatting and the subject of why i am selling drops up ! So i say where i am going and he says " I dont blame you i am just about fed up with it myself all the stealth taxes , tax on this tax on that them immigrants jumping the ques and sponging of our taxes and on and on he went Then he says i am giving it another year then i am getting the hell out ! . I thought wow who would of believed that ? so i laughed and he said and this is the absolute truth he said " Now that tells you how bad it is when a black guy wants out right ! " I had to agree ..
Anyways we then go through the service books and stuff and we strike a deal so fingers crossed tomorrow he comes back with a Bankers draught

On the House still nothing but if the car goes then i will feel better and its just the house to go ..
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:25 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you Pete the guy sounds like he has a sense of humour the only snag could be that he will go home and think about what you told him about moving to Mallorca then he will phone and tell you he has decided not wait a moment longer and he is planning to move as soon as he can so won't be needing the car Noooooo - that won't happen he'll be back with a bankers draft
Old Jul 7th 2007, 11:30 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Car update ;

Cars gone never missed a car so much as that one ,, still got to go and its gone ..
Now interesting this is and a quandary ..
he paid me in Cash i said bankers draft or cash only and i got cash .. then he says but do me a favour dont pay it all in at once !!
i say why he says if i do alarm bells will ring as over a certain ammount it triggers the tax office and then all hell breaks loose !!

And he would not lke them asking questions

So what do i do ? I am ok i have bill of sale and its all legit my end but i liked the guy , so wouldnt want to drop him in it !!

Any ideas ?
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:47 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Its the money laundering thing again probably, if you know someone with a note checker just run them through that.
Pay some in and pay some bills with it, no doubt you will have a few to pay where peeps would like cash. ;-)
I have drawn big amounts out here cash no trouble at all, but now you can`t without a bit of hassle.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Car update ;

Cars gone never missed a car so much as that one ,, still got to go and its gone ..
Now interesting this is and a quandary ..
he paid me in Cash i said bankers draft or cash only and i got cash .. then he says but do me a favour dont pay it all in at once !!
i say why he says if i do alarm bells will ring as over a certain ammount it triggers the tax office and then all hell breaks loose !!

And he would not lke them asking questions

So what do i do ? I am ok i have bill of sale and its all legit my end but i liked the guy , so wouldnt want to drop him in it !!

Any ideas ?
It won't affect him by you paying money into your account, you sold your car and got paid cash. You're not obliged to give details to the bank of who you got the money from. My concern would be dodgy notes, is it a ploy to give him more chance to cover his tracks and perhaps sell the car on? Sorry but 30 yrs in the police service gives you a very suspicious mind. I really hope I'm wrong.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malagaman
It won't affect him by you paying money into your account, you sold your car and got paid cash. You're not obliged to give details to the bank of who you got the money from. My concern would be dodgy notes, is it a ploy to give him more chance to cover his tracks and perhaps sell the car on? Sorry but 30 yrs in the police service gives you a very suspicious mind. I really hope I'm wrong.
Sorry have to agree - any big sales in the future only accept bank drafts which you won't have any problems with because the money has already gone through the banking system and they will have checked its legit before handing out draft!!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 9:02 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

But its all in cash, he didn't give him a bankers draft
Old Jul 8th 2007, 12:19 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
But its all in cash, he didn't give him a bankers draft
Then it's up to you and me Matt to help Pete out, seeing as no-one else has offered
Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SueG
Sorry have to agree - any big sales in the future only accept bank drafts which you won't have any problems with because the money has already gone through the banking system and they will have checked its legit before handing out draft!!
Apart from the stolen/counterfeit ones that are around! In the past I've had to deal with quite a few good honest people who accepted a bankers draft for their vehicle/caravan etc only to be informed by their bank some 4/5 days later that it was either stolen or forged. My advice to anybody, and I know that this is not the case on this particular occasion, is to accompany the person presenting the draft to your bank and have it verified there and then otherwise, as a seller, you've lost everything and you wouldn't be covered on your insurance either.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by malagaman
Apart from the stolen/counterfeit ones that are around! In the past I've had to deal with quite a few good honest people who accepted a bankers draft for their vehicle/caravan etc only to be informed by their bank some 4/5 days later that it was either stolen or forged. My advice to anybody, and I know that this is not the case on this particular occasion, is to accompany the person presenting the draft to your bank and have it verified there and then otherwise, as a seller, you've lost everything and you wouldn't be covered on your insurance either.
Well i must admit i had heard of that and that was another reason where i figured well cash cant bounce , so go with it ..
Old Jul 15th 2007, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: :: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

Hi Big Pete,

The Travel section of the Daily Telegraph had a really interesting article on the touristic development of Majorca in yesterdays edition. Worth a look.

Regards,

John.
Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Big Pete,

The Travel section of the Daily Telegraph had a really interesting article on the touristic development of Majorca in yesterdays edition. Worth a look.

Regards,

John.
Thanks for that John .

Just read it online very interesting ..