Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

:: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

:: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

Old May 30th 2007, 10:12 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: :: Mallorca Mission update Big Pete ::

Well not a happy man tonight

The Cala Pi villa that i had set my heart on, has been nicked from under my nose by a Spanish Buyer who outbid me by going 10k Euros more than the asking price weird or what ??

Now i am back to the "SA Coma "one ,which i have had to put a high bid in as i am told by this agent someone has already (in the space of 8 days since i viewed it ! ) put a offer in

So much for trying to barter , and its supposedly a buyers market ??

So will see what happens on that i guess ?

Looks like i will be zipping back over to view a few more maybe

Will keep you informed ..
Old May 30th 2007, 10:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete

The Cala Pi villa that i had set my heart on, has been nicked from under my nose by a Spanish Buyer who outbid me by going 10k Euros more than the asking price weird or what ??

Now i am back to the "SA Coma "one ,which i have had to put a high bid in as i am told by this agent someone has already (in the space of 8 days since i viewed it ! ) put a offer in

Sorry to hear that mate, damned bloody Spanish, who the hell do they think they are taking our Mallorcan holiday home from us!!
Old May 30th 2007, 11:01 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Sorry to hear that mate, damned bloody Spanish, who the hell do they think they are taking our Mallorcan holiday home from us!!
exactly they got the mainland ...
Old May 30th 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Might still be a chance of it falling through yet
Old May 31st 2007, 5:54 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete

Rent the place out next door and be Brits on holiday for a couple of weeks, that will stop anyone else putting an offer in. ;-)
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

georgina is an unknown quantity at this point

hi big pete, sorry to hear you lost your property in cala pi, lovely place by the way,but I always say what's for you wont go past you, and you will find something else, probably better. Why dont you rent for a while to give you more time to look around I know rentals are expensive as we are finding out,but you may have to consider it. How did your house sale go? Have you a date for going out yet? Anyway good luck in your search.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:32 pm
Banned

Hi everyone

Here is the latest update , as you have read the Cala Pi , one i had missed out on So it was back to the larger but older Sa Coma one , Thinking this time i wont be greedy and lose it , i shall put a offer in at only 5k below asking .. The agent who showed us around said ohh Great that should clinch it i will get on to the old lady straight away and put the offer in its better than the other one ..
So i am all Happy thinking at least now with the Sa Coma one i can fit all you lot in for your visits Yes so it hasnt got a pool built yet ,and sure maybe theres a few spiders roaming around the old Guest Room Building But you would be supplied with a Good old British Slipper to whack them with ..

On the plus side many a evening on the Patio staring at the Conifers admiring the bits of wood covering the hole , with the classic album "The Seekers live at Wigan (in stereo)" blasting ,while we have the Barbecue and a few Real Ales .

But alass A phone call from the agent informs me that i havent got the Villa !! apparently the old german ladys Daughter has already been selling it with a different agent and done a deal !!! Less than my offer as well . My agent wasnt happy as she had also drove down to meet us and show us around and the old codger must of known at that stage it was sold So wasted all our time ..

So now back to the searching game yet again , so going to have to go over again in a week or so as found 3 more possibles .But all dearer !! So now i am going to stick a small mortgage on my saving funds , and pay it off again when , well IF i ever get this place sold ..

Now so thats bad luck you think well to add further hassles to the already hassle pot .. When i figured that the Sa Coma was sort of a formality i figured i chase my own house buyer up , and they advise they are not getting many viewings on there place so still unable to Buy mine !!!

So some 4 months along and i have basically stood still in this Limbo land having to carry on making a living whilst trying to get away ...

Have decided now to forget my Buyer and have re advertised it again , and take the first best offer or i will never get away ..

Oh by the way i havent been on so much as ;
a) been feeling to depressed that i wouldnt be any fun .
b) Decided to sell my Car now , and get a cheapy run around , which puts needed cash in the get away kitty .. So have been checking cars and that alone is another story .. Found a old Renault laguna N reg lol , But what the hell £ 600 with a years MOT and 4 months tax .
c) Been busy at work catching up .
d) Been searching propertys again .

Will update with any further happenings ..

Last edited by Big Pete; Jun 6th 2007 at 11:35 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

You have a thread dedicated just for you Mr Pete!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 6:11 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Keep yer chin up Pete....
600 quid car, thats a bloody luxury car to some I have had.
One was a 100E van, 25 quid inc a bit of road tax, was in the early 70`s though. lol
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Aah Pete,
Really sorry to hear about all your trials and tribulations

I know it's not much consolation at the moment when you've been messed about, but as Georgina says the right place will come along when it's meant to - and will undoubtedly be better than anything you've already seen.

Have you considered Georgina's suggestion to rent for a while?
It's the advice that most people give for anyone making such a big move, and it might save you a lot of expense in the long run if you end up buying something - and then find you've got the neighbours from hell, or you just don't like the place.

It must be really frustrating having to keep earning, whilst at the same time doing all your searches. Sometimes things can just get on top of you, can't they?

Are you making enough time to chill out in front of your Peak District DVDs, with a pint of the real stuff in your hand?

Hope you have better luck on your next visit, but I really would recommend that you rent first.
Everyone on here is rooting for you, and hoping that something positive comes out of this initial disappointment.

Hey, that Laguna sounds great - especially at that price!!
I had a fantastic Laguna (pristine)..........and I wrote it off

Keep your chin up Big Pete.
Sending you some karma to lift your spirits

All good wishes from,
Sam.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:20 pm
Banned

Thanks all,

And i would love to rent , but the sort of place i want they want silly money in Mallorca , so its not viable..

I am perservering and very determined !! Its just when you consider that by now i should be moving out from time to time i do get the hump when i seem to be trapped and things dont go as planned ..

But anyways i got the car being fully valeted and serviced ready to sell , the house is back on the market at a reduced rate , I have another 3 propertys to go and view week after next , I have even applied for a Spanish mortgage just incase i see a real good one and need to buy quickly at the more expensive end ..
So onwards and think positive is the motto

After all whats the alternative ? Keep plodding on working here to make the kids wealthy and keep funding the Government ? Till i end up old and wrinkly in some depressing Old Folks home ? Bad Move..

Sunshine , Boating , and afternoon Siestas for me thanks So there is no turning back its got to happen the mere thought of staying in Dull overcrowded ,overpriced England is the biggest incentive anyone needs
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Keep yer chin up Pete....
600 quid car, thats a bloody luxury car to some I have had.
One was a 100E van, 25 quid inc a bit of road tax, was in the early 70`s though. lol
Oh i have had my share of bangers also jdr . lol

Speaking of the Renault laguna , i picked it up today lol And i thought to myself this should be interesting !! I hadnt actually drove it only saw it sat in it revved the engine checked no smoke came out , looked around it and said that will do and shook on the deal ..

Well gave the cash over did the paperwork and stuff and then jumped in ready to go ..

And you know ? the thing drives lovely it has really comfy seats they sort of wrap round your bottom , has all the fancy Stereo controls on the steering stalk , power steering , elec windows , central locking , etc etc..
The incredible thing is it actually drives smoother and less bumpy than my Mercedes !!! I couldnt believe it i was expecting a sloppy gearbox change, wheel wobbles clunks and stuff , things not working etc, but it drives brilliant , its nicer on bumpy roads than the merc ? heck i mean at £ 600 (my last service on the Merc was £ 585 !!! ) And this is a whole car

Now wether the thing starts tomorrow who knows ? But at the moment i am very impressed , doesnt look to flash lol and a few of me mates have had a laugh but its all part of my watch the pennys retirement mode and while they are busting a gut trying to keep there new flash motors paid off i shall be hopefully sitting on a beach in Mallorca with a cold drink ,,
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:33 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Before we came we down graded everything LOL Car Phone well no phone and did away with everything we didnt need.
To sell the house we took an offer from someone who had sold and living in rented, because they could move quick, no point in waiting out for the extra few grand if it is going to take for ever to complete.
Looked at all the options and then stuck a pin in a board and off we came, love it all, wouldnt change a thing.
Good luck and just take a chance.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:55 pm
Banned

Update ;

The Economy Car starts first time every time
My proper car hasnt had a single enquiry bad news .. but still its in car mag for 3 weeks so early days..

Going back over to Mallorca again Friday for a week again to see 4 possible propertys , Mortgage is all approved so will secure one this time hopefully ..

Flying once again from Manston Airport ,
Bad news on the hotel front my regular is full !!!!
So shopping around now for cheapy one , well Mrs BP is rather

Ohh yea also if you recall the Hertz car i rented was all grubby when i got it ! Well i complainned to hertz head office and i have a $ 50 refund voucher to be used on next one , so it does pay to complain

Will obviously give you full updates as and when they occur ..
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:21 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

good luck and be brave Ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.