Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

maddie arrst..'imminent'

Wikiposts

maddie arrst..'imminent'

Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: maddie arrst..'imminent'

Originally Posted by brisca
I was following the case on a psychic's website (Lynnxa posted the link ages ago)
Whatever people may believe, this chap seemed to have had a lot of success locating missing people.
However, eventually, one of the McCann family contacted him and asked him NOT to continue with the case!?!
Could have just been because they don't believe in psychics (although I believe there were others involved initially?)
Of course, it could have been that someone was worried that he might find something out??????

The plot thickens!
They are catholics and I understand very devout (and being an ex catholic myself) hell and damnation would occur if they involved psychics! Having said that I checked out that website and what he had on there was very interesting - and I have to say personally would want all the help that I could get.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:59 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

It'd be awful if the blood from Maddie allegedly found on Kate McCann's clothes came from a graze on her knee or elbow (as 3 year olds are falling over all the time) as oppossed to it occuring during some 'incident'.

And no worries Brisca
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
They are catholics and I understand very devout (and being an ex catholic myself) hell and damnation would occur if they involved psychics! Having said that I checked out that website and what he had on there was very interesting - and I have to say personally would want all the help that I could get.

Yes, I understood that religious beliefs would be a big factor for them.
My friend is a devout Christian, and has warned me of the perils of dabbling with psychics!!
Each to their own, I say

One of the psychic's comments was very interesting some time ago.
He said that sniffer dogs should be brought in................and quickly.................before important evidence was destroyed!
Admittedly, this was in response to someone telling him that the Portuguese police hadn't wanted British sniffer dogs involved.

Also, if I remember rightly, he said something like "don't trust those close to the case" (that's not meant to be an exact quote)
At the time, it was interpreted to mean the Portuguese authorities..............but who knows!?

I'm not saying he's got all the answers, but I do believe he has some sort of gift - and as you say, in the circumstances I would have wanted ANY help I could get, regardless of whether I believed in it or not.

We shall have to see.
My O/H has said all along that he fears maybe there was an accidental death, and then an attempt by the family to cover up???
Hopefully one day the truth will out, and poor little Maddie will be found - or will be able to rest in peace
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
It'd be awful if the blood from Maddie allegedly found on Kate McCann's clothes came from a graze on her knee or elbow (as 3 year olds are falling over all the time) as oppossed to it occuring during some 'incident'.

And no worries Brisca

That thought crossed my mind too DF.
They need CSI on the case................they always solve things in 45 minutes!!

And thanks, glad we're "cool"
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:05 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
glad we're "cool"
'Course we are
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

I personally cannot see that the parents are involved but I have this horrible nagging feeling that if they are blaming the parents everything else will grind to halt. I can't wait to see my brother on Sunday - he is a journalist and then I get to hear the stories behind the stories (before anyone starts - he does politics and royal so has not been involved in this story).
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:11 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry in advance for my "picky" point (and it is off topic) but how are you ex-Catholic???? Did you apply to the Vatican for excommunication? Or are you simply one of thousnads who are actually "non-practising Catholics" as opposed to what they claim are "ex-Catholics".

Please don't take offence at my directness - it's just I've heard a lot of this lately and it's a bit of a bugbear. I am a non-practising Catholic and have many problems with that faith, but until I do something about it I will always be a Catholic even if I don't like it. A bit like saying I'm an ex-Welsh person. Whether I like it or not that will always be where I am from.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Sorry in advance for my "picky" point (and it is off topic) but how are you ex-Catholic???? Did you apply to the Vatican for excommunication? Or are you simply one of thousnads who are actually "non-practising Catholics" as opposed to what they claim are "ex-Catholics".

Please don't take offence at my directness - it's just I've heard a lot of this lately and it's a bit of a bugbear. I am a non-practising Catholic and have many problems with that faith, but until I do something about it I will always be a Catholic even if I don't like it. A bit like saying I'm an ex-Welsh person. Whether I like it or not that will always be where I am from.
No I no longer consider myself a catholic - if there was a way of leaving the club I would - I have not practised the faith for over 20 years.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:44 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

No I no longer consider myself a catholic - if there was a way of leaving the club I would - I have not practised the faith for over 20 years.

Well, there is. You tell the Vatican you no longer choose to be a Catholic and wish to leave. Otherwise, as you confirm in your reply, you are a non-practising Catholic
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:09 am
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

A bit like saying I'm an ex-Welsh person.
Who in their right mind would ever say that?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:02 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jeanc
I truly think that all they are guilty of is leaving those children alone in that appartment and that was unforgivable, they will have to live with the concequences of that for ever. But murder, no, I don't think so. The police are clutching at straws.
Reading all this just makes me go cold :curse:
My little Jack is 4 - how could anyone do anything to an innocent child
Sharon
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:12 am
ex-squaddie

Well, there is. You tell the Vatican you no longer choose to be a Catholic and wish to leave. Otherwise, as you confirm in your reply, you are a non-practising Catholic
Are you serious???

How the flip would the Vatican even know I was a lapsed catholic? I can't imagine they'll have my name on a file as being confirmed somewhere amoungst all the stashed away bullion.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

I am not prepared to enter into a discussion about this - I answered your question - end of story.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:33 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

No more Catholic speak please .... this subject is prickly enough as it is!!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:41 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

looking at the header to this thread it just shows how ill informed everyone is, don't you think?

I am not sure that all the family interviews leaking information from the police is in the best interests of anyone, let alone the parents themselves. When you are in a hole, you stop digging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.