Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

long time noo speak

long time noo speak

Old May 11th 2007, 3:16 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: long time noo speak

We're all fine, Mr E's doing well, starting to get business here, so he is made up. I've got a lil part-time job now....needs must as sooooo skint. It's bar work......never done before so bit nervous but I'm sure it will be fine.

Good Luck in your new job, hope it all goes well for you.

As you say lack of funds get you down but you are a fighter so it will not be for long. Glad your husband is now getting business in Spain.

The only way is up, we do not allow any downs here do we.

Rosemary
Old May 11th 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Good Luck in your new job, hope it all goes well for you.

As you say lack of funds get you down but you are a fighter so it will not be for long. Glad your husband is now getting business in Spain.

The only way is up, we do not allow any downs here do we.

Rosemary

Thanks ever so much Rosemary.....like you said the only way is up.....and I have me chin up way up in the air....it's great to have so much positive and great support from you guys.

You are such a sweetie

Best get kids ready for bed....we were going out but friends of our's needed help so Mr E's gone to help.....pity as it was a new friend of mine who invited us along to a pub with a play area and a few other mums with kids the same ages as my two......never mind they'll be other Friday's that we will be free.

Nite nite hun xxxxxxx
Old May 20th 2007, 1:28 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Aw thanks hun.... ummm...first shift is 12-6pm on Tues next week...then 6-12am on Friday...let u know how I get on ..really nervous

No set days/shifts...I'm just hapy to have any....

Thats fab that you're busy...all the best hun.....my best friends hubby drives HGV's - he's based in Bristol ....prob 2 far away tho?

Thanks for the good wishes.....we are staying positive..but having no money sometimes gets you down even when you don't want it too....
How did you get on with the new job? Is it an English bar or are you using the Spanish that you have learnt?

Rosemary
Old May 21st 2007, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Oddities
How did you get on with the new job? Is it an English bar or are you using the Spanish that you have learnt?

Rosemary
Hi sweet,

It's an English bar unfortunately, altho I had 3 Spanish customers...which was a challenge

Actually I'm glad I'm learning the ropes with English.....as my Spanish is quite poor, although suprisingly I held a conversation of sorts with a Spanish customer...it was funny.

I'm just chuffed I was given the oppurtnity as I have no experience....once I have bar experience hopefully a Spanish bar will employ me in the summer where I will gain more experience and hopefully more Spanish....

I did really well...I was soooooo nervous 20 mins early and keen to impress - felt like a teenager again but now I can pull pints

They said I did good and have given me two shifts this week....tonight and tomorrow.

I have also been offered a cleaning job with someone else....so my friends think this is hilarious......I'm living the high life now .... scrubber and barmaid

Needs must hey! And I'm not too proud ...we are enjoying our life as a family in Spain...wouldn't want to leave here....I don't mind being a professional scrubber

Thanks for asking......hope you had a great weekend xxx
Old May 21st 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Glad every thing is working out for you.

And there is nothing better than being a professional scrubber
Im one here

Hope the kids are well xxxx
Old May 21st 2007, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi
Glad every thing is working out for you.

And there is nothing better than being a professional scrubber
Im one here

Hope the kids are well xxxx

.....a womens work ey?!

Kids are great ta....both in school/nursery all day all week...."todo semana".....yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....no school runs ...!!!!!!

Sound cruel but ..wow....got work ..and need to do the scrubbing here....not on this bloody computer .......ADDICTED....!!!!!
Old May 21st 2007, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

.....a womens work ey?!

Kids are great ta....both in school/nursery all day all week...."todo semana".....yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....no school runs ...!!!!!!

Sound cruel but ..wow....got work ..and need to do the scrubbing here....not on this bloody computer .......ADDICTED....!!!!!
I know what you are saying i have invoices to do finish the last bit on my website, and i have 3 storeys to hoover and a sink full of washing up(bloody kids and there chores)
and a basket of washing that needs to be hung up. ( that can wait for the kids to get back )
I need to put some slap on go in to town meet my sister and then collect olivia from school, then to the other side of the city to see my SIL

And what am i doing i am bloody typing on here
I am not much of a scrubber today
Old May 21st 2007, 12:19 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi Mrs E

Please to hear that the job is panning out for you, all the best gals have been a scubber at some point in their life, I think I missed my vocation I would have been really happy as a barmaid, my youngest daughter did it for 3 years in Lewisham, London she had a great time and enjoyed every moment of it, including the punch ups that happened every weekend.

All the best to you
Old May 21st 2007, 12:58 pm

Hi sweet,

It's an English bar unfortunately, altho I had 3 Spanish customers...which was a challenge

Actually I'm glad I'm learning the ropes with English.....as my Spanish is quite poor, although suprisingly I held a conversation of sorts with a Spanish customer...it was funny.

I'm just chuffed I was given the oppurtnity as I have no experience....once I have bar experience hopefully a Spanish bar will employ me in the summer where I will gain more experience and hopefully more Spanish....

I did really well...I was soooooo nervous 20 mins early and keen to impress - felt like a teenager again but now I can pull pints

They said I did good and have given me two shifts this week....tonight and tomorrow.

I have also been offered a cleaning job with someone else....so my friends think this is hilarious......I'm living the high life now .... scrubber and barmaid

Needs must hey! And I'm not too proud ...we are enjoying our life as a family in Spain...wouldn't want to leave here....I don't mind being a professional scrubber

Thanks for asking......hope you had a great weekend xxx
So glad that it has worked out for you, as you say needs must. I think most mums end up doing a variety of jobs to fit in with the kids so that an income is gained. At one point I was doing half a dozen jobs which were all different and short on hours so that they fitted in with my kids. Never seemed to get much of a wage for these jobs but it all helped to keep our heads above water.

Where in Oliva is the bar, we did not know that there was an English bar there.

Rosemary
Old May 21st 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Glad that your job is working out for you and more importantly that you enjoy it I'm looking forward to being a scrubber or barmaid when we move over to Spain