Local Info

Old May 25th 2010, 5:31 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Local Info

Originally Posted by jackytoo
It is a hoopoe, (not sure about the spelling) we get them in the garden but they are shy.
Thanks, they are indeed shy, I had to zoom in as far as possible with my cheap camera, that´s why the images are not the best.

found a better picture on the web:
Old May 25th 2010, 5:46 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely
Old May 25th 2010, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Blur in flight in my garden

Old May 29th 2010, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Nice Grass (I said grass)
Old May 29th 2010, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

julie13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks jur for the hoopoe pics. Around 500 flamingos today on castro marim nature reserve near to villa real. A walk around the reserve this morning got great views. Also bee eaters , avocets and so many other great birds.
Have also seen stone curlews on the marismas between Ayamonte and the motorway on a previous visit lovely. It's great to hear what others have seen in the area.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by julie13
Thanks jur for the hoopoe pics. Around 500 flamingos today on castro marim nature reserve near to villa real. A walk around the reserve this morning got great views. Also bee eaters , avocets and so many other great birds.
Have also seen stone curlews on the marismas between Ayamonte and the motorway on a previous visit lovely. It's great to hear what others have seen in the area.
IMPORTANT INFO
Spanish police will be paying more attention to your ITV (MOT), if you fail to have your car checked on time you can count on receiving a fine on the spot. This must be important to all who have a second car at their holiday destination, so if your ITV runs out and you are not able to do it yourself then get somebody local to do it for you. Better pay someone 30/40/50 € instead of a hefty fine!
http//www.visitayamonte.freeforums....V-mot-t33.html

Last edited by olivia; Jun 7th 2010 at 9:16 pm. Reason: website added
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

[QUOTE=olivia;8617897]IMPORTANT INFO
Spanish police will be paying more attention to your ITV (MOT), if you fail to have your car checked on time you can count on receiving a fine on the spot. This must be important to all who have a second car at their holiday destination, so if your ITV runs out and you are not able to do it yourself then get somebody local to do it for you. Better pay someone 30/40/50 € instead of a hefty fine!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:12 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the link to the ITV (MOT) info: http://www.visitayamonte.freeforums....v-mot-t33.html
Old Jun 15th 2010, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Hi All

I have another bird question. I saw 3 or 4 budgie type birds playing in the trees around our pool the other day. One of them landed on our balcony. They are so colourful, a cross between a budgie and a parrot i'd guess and just as noisy. Does anybody know what they are called?

Kim
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi kim
it's really hard to say without size and colours but they could be Bee-Eaters. Very colourful and a bit exotic looking with a long black bill and quite a distinctive sound. Lovely to watch. If you google you could check. It would be the right time of year for them, nice to have in your garden.
Jules
Old Jun 15th 2010, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Or maybe monk or ring necked parakeets very noisy just like parrots.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by julie13
Or maybe monk or ring necked parakeets very noisy just like parrots.
Thanks Julie, They were parakeets but they were more colourful than the pictures of the Monk and Ring necked ones I have found on the internet. That was the first time I've seen them wild.
Kim
Old Jun 15th 2010, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Thanks Julie, They were parakeets but they were more colourful than the pictures of the Monk and Ring necked ones I have found on the internet. That was the first time I've seen them wild.
Kim
Only seen one before just outside Ayamonte but as it was alone presumed it had escaped from somewhere. It was a couple of years ago so maybe it found a friend!!
Lovely to see but very noisy!!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Kim
Hi Kim, they are indeed some type of parakeets and they have been flying around since last year. Originally there were just the 2 green ones with pink faces but this year 2 blue ones have joined them. I think Julie is right when she says they have probably either escaped or been set free from somewhere as they are not common to this area.
Sorry the weather wasn't up to much for your girls weekend but I think its settled down now ready for your next visit with Nigel. Regards Bryony
Old Jun 16th 2010, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Kim, they are indeed some type of parakeets and they have been flying around since last year. Originally there were just the 2 green ones with pink faces but this year 2 blue ones have joined them. I think Julie is right when she says they have probably either escaped or been set free from somewhere as they are not common to this area.
Sorry the weather wasn't up to much for your girls weekend but I think its settled down now ready for your next visit with Nigel. Regards Bryony
Thanks Bryony,
We still had a ball. Thats a real treat for us to have those colourful birds near us then. I'll be sneaking around in the bushes with my camera trying to get a picture.
Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.