Local Info

Old May 18th 2010, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default Local Info

I have just had a look at Jur,s webpage he does have a good lot of local info on there worth looking at. Just learned that the road to Punta del Moral is not being repaired. It is having speed bumps to slow us down.
Old May 19th 2010, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default Re: Local Info

Originally Posted by olivia
I have just had a look at Jur,s webpage he does have a good lot of local info on there worth looking at. Just learned that the road to Punta del Moral is not being repaired. It is having speed bumps to slow us down.
Jur.
On the front page of your website www.****************** you have a picture of the strange but obviously successful business on the RHS at the roundabout after The Plaza. What do they do?

Last edited by olivia; May 19th 2010 at 7:28 pm. Reason: spelling
Old May 19th 2010, 8:58 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by olivia
Jur.
On the front page of your website www.****************** you have a picture of the strange but obviously successful business on the RHS at the roundabout after The Plaza. What do they do?
It´s meant as a joke, El Cajiron is quite a figure here. He´s the one driving around very slowly in the green & white jeep, during Christmas with a Christmas tree on top. The sign is from his "association of abused husbands" which organise celebrations for gay weddings, break-ups, divorces & funerals.

El Cajiron´s real job is delivering charcoal and firewood, he´s 130 years old and sometimes brings his dad to help unloading the jeep.
Old May 19th 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jur
It´s meant as a joke, El Cajiron is quite a figure here. He´s the one driving around very slowly in the green & white jeep, during Christmas with a Christmas tree on top. The sign is from his "association of abused husbands" which organise celebrations for gay weddings, break-ups, divorces & funerals.

El Cajiron´s real job is delivering charcoal and firewood, he´s 130 years old and sometimes brings his dad to help unloading the jeep.
Hi
well thanks for clearing that up. We at one time thought he was an undertaker!! good job one of us didn't turn our toes up in Ayamonte. because that is where we would have gone knocking on the door for help! Jur you know so much about the area.
Thanks again.
Old May 21st 2010, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

I have also had a look at Jurs informative web site and once again I read that the marismas are home to loads of wild life including flamingos. I'm on a flamingo hunt, the only place I've seen any are at el Rocio, do they really live around Costa Esuri? Where is the best place to spy them?

Kim
Old May 21st 2010, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Woodzie
I have also had a look at Jurs informative web site and once again I read that the marismas are home to loads of wild life including flamingos. I'm on a flamingo hunt, the only place I've seen any are at el Rocio, do they really live around Costa Esuri? Where is the best place to spy them?

Kim
Hi Kim, haven't seen any for quite some time but we do get them on the marismas that the bridge crosses as you enter CE. Also lots of spoonbills. Regards Bryony
Old May 22nd 2010, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Kim
We saw them once from the CE Bridge (about this time last year) and thought we would take a picture on the way back - but we've never seen them since
Old May 22nd 2010, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

julie13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.
There were 30 ish on the Castro marim nature reserve yesterday. Just accross the bridge from esuri. A great place for nature and birdlife.
Old May 22nd 2010, 10:41 pm
Jur

Kim
Hello Kim, the area is great for birdwatching and there´s two groups of flamingoes which are usually from October till March/April here. One´s next to the access bridge to Esuri and the other one between Pozo de Camino & Isla Cristina, on the left when driving towards Isla Cristina. I have seen another group in the Marshes between Ayamonte and Isla Canela but not very often.
Other birds which can be seen are Spoonbills, Canaries, Redshanks, Herons, Egrets & Cormorans, etc, etc.
Old May 24th 2010, 10:02 pm
Jur

Spotted a group of flamingoes yesterday afternoon next to the bridge coming from Portugal towards Spain. A bit hard to get a good look while driving 100 k/hr.
Old May 25th 2010, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
Spotted a group of flamingoes yesterday afternoon next to the bridge coming from Portugal towards Spain. A bit hard to get a good look while driving 100 k/hr.
Can confirm we saw them too

Sue
Old May 25th 2010, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
Can confirm we saw them too

Sue
OK. Thank you all, now I believe. Guess I just haven't been lucky. I'll keep looking.
Old May 25th 2010, 1:57 pm
Jur

Does anyone know what how this bird is called?
http://www.******************************/birds-t7.html
Old May 25th 2010, 4:07 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

It is a hoopoe, (not sure about the spelling) we get them in the garden but they are shy.
Old May 25th 2010, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jackytoo
It is a hoopoe, (not sure about the spelling) we get them in the garden but they are shy.
Spelling correct, loads on the golf course. Bryony

Last edited by MikeCol; May 25th 2010 at 4:16 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.