Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living in Benidorm

Living in Benidorm

Old Sep 19th 2019, 10:16 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Benidorm

Originally Posted by Barriej
We have a 3 bed 2 bath apartment in Xirles that cost €80k earlier in the year. Its a very small village nestled in the mountains about 6km away from Benidorm

Its only 20mins (or less) if the traffic is good to Benidorm, we quite like Benidorm, its got some nice parts to it. As well as the usual Brit bars etc.

Have you looked at Al Faz or Albir?
Alibi is further around the coast but is much quieter and Al Faz is the inland town, some Brits but more Scandinavians most of whom (well the ones we know) are nice people.

As others have said you need to go over and spend some time (we did although the wife's dad has lived there for the last 15 years) so we were happy to buy in the same area.

I would suggest a winter trip because Benidorm is a different town in January.
I think you mean Altea or Albir, we lived in Albir for some time, good health center and a cheap regular bus service to Benidorm, and there are plenty of supermarkets in Albir.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Bekahxx19 is an unknown quantity at this point

not sure how to work this but anyway, looking to move to benidorm at the start of March 2020 and struggling to find somewhere cheap to live near the centre close to bars, looking for a roommate also to stay with so it is easier and more affordable ?
Old Dec 21st 2019, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bekahxx19
not sure how to work this but anyway, looking to move to benidorm at the start of March 2020 and struggling to find somewhere cheap to live near the centre close to bars, looking for a roommate also to stay with so it is easier and more affordable ?
Hi,

The problem is that most apartments that are available, especially in areas you describe, are for short term holiday rental at that time of year. Rental charges are very high indeed.

I suggest to anyone who wants to find a long-term rental in Benidorm is to have a fact finding holiday here and look around for the best area that suits you and has apartments to rent long term.

Long term rentals are very hard to find and you need to be available to view and put a deposit down on the same day otherwise it will be gone!!!

Best time of year to secure a rental is between November and February as after that they are usually only available for short term rental.

Steve
Old Dec 21st 2019, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Bekahxx19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I’m going over there at the end of February, someone who I know lives in some apartments by the indoor market and I went on there website and selected a long term stay but not sure how to work around securing it, I got offered a job over there the struggle is just finding somewhere to live do you know any websites we’re I can meet or find people who want to find roommates moving to benidorm? Thankyou
Old Dec 21st 2019, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to do all the research on the legalities of living in Spain such as healthcare and getting your NIE number.

Don't forget the 90 day rule about registering on the foreigners register and proving to the authorities that you have enough income so not to become a burden on the state. You will need to prove have full healthcare cover for yourself and any dependants.

After living in Spain for 183 days you will automatically become a tax resident and be expected to pay taxes to the Spanish government. You will need to declare all your worldwide income and amounts in your bank accounts and values of any property you own plus any other income such as any rental income from property in the UK.

They are the rules at present to gain residential status. Now Brexit is a certainty these rules could change. Nobody knows yet.......

Good luck in your venture.

Steve