Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living in Benidorm

Living in Benidorm

Old Mar 20th 2019, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Veralogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Benidorm

Hi all new to this site, me and my hubby are thinking of moving over any thoughts, advise would be greatfully received.
Old Mar 20th 2019, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Benidorm

Well done to you both, it sounds great!
What was it that made you both decide to make the leap?
Old Mar 20th 2019, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

We haven’t yet we are not sure what to do atm
Old Mar 21st 2019, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veralogan
Hi all new to this site, me and my hubby are thinking of moving over any thoughts, advise would be greatfully received.
HI, I live in Benidorm and if I can help with any specific questions I'm quite happy to help.

If you need to work you may find it difficult to find a job.

Apartments in Benidorm are in short supply. 3 bed around €500 per month .2 bedroom €450.

Steve
Old Mar 21st 2019, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Worth researching here....but with Brexit things changing regularly

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-spain

Long term rentals in short supply in all popular places and prices rising.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tebo53
HI, I live in Benidorm and if I can help with any specific questions I'm quite happy to help.

Apartments in Benidorm are in short supply. 3 bed around €500 per month .2 bedroom €450.

Steve
Hi Steve, if we do make the move we will be looking to retire and would like to live in a park home I believe there are a few sites just on the outskirts. What are your thoughts, do you know of these and the availability?

thanks
Vers

Last edited by Rosemary; Mar 21st 2019 at 3:15 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Mar 21st 2019, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veralogan

Hi Steve, if we do make the move we will be looking to retire and would like to live in a park home I believe there are a few sites just on the outskirts. What are your thoughts, do you know of these and the availability?

thanks
Vers
when we retired here we looked at caravan parks. The parks are on the outskirts but there are bus stops close by normally. You will find that the park rental costs are quite high and equal to renting a 2 bed apartment. I can't comment on the availability.
The quality of the parks are high and include all facilities you would require.

look into the requirements needed to reside in Spain such as health care and income etc.

Steve
Old Mar 21st 2019, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Steve will do.
Old Sep 18th 2019, 10:12 am
Just Joined

savaged1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tebo53

Steve
Hi im thinking of moving to the Benidorm area. Could you recommed a decent area where a lot of Brits live. I have a budget of a max 80,000 euros
many thanks
Old Sep 18th 2019, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by savaged1
Hi im thinking of moving to the Benidorm area. Could you recommed a decent area where a lot of Brits live. I have a budget of a max 80,000 euros
many thanks
Hi,
It would be difficult for me to recommend a "decent " area as Benidorm is like marmite.....You either love it or hate it!!! You would need to spend some time here in Benidorm to find the area that would suit you and your needs. The Rincon de Loix area or the "New town" area has many expats and British bars and restaurants.

I think for your budget of 80,000 euro you might find a 1 or maybe 2 bed apartment on the outskirts of the town or possibly out of Benidorm and into La Cala or Finestrat. Towns further inland have cheaper apartments.

My advice to you is to rent long term and look around for the best area that suits you. You will also see what prices for apartments.

Do plenty of research into the legalities of living in Spain such as healthcare and getting your NIE number etc.

Ah...and don't forget Brexit..

Steve
Old Sep 18th 2019, 10:38 am
Just Joined

savaged1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the swift reply
Old Sep 18th 2019, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks
Can't comment on where Brits live in Benidorm, but they are probably everywhere. On Idealista you currently have 361 properties under 100K. Don't forget that you also have to add another 10-15% for taxes and other fees.
https://www.idealista.com/venta-vivi...-hasta_100000/
Old Sep 18th 2019, 11:24 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

many thanks
Will you need a job?, if so what is your level of Spanish, all vital info for people to be able to offer good advice.
Old Sep 18th 2019, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Living in Benidorm

many thanks
Hi, in my opinion and experience you need to be here looking around we live in a totally different area than where we looked which surprised me. As for lots of brit,s you do not need them there are many northern European,s here who talk English.I think the most important thing is where you live and every thing else should come together.You will get lots of good advice on this forum which is the best bar none, from good people some advice you will like some you won,t take it all in, visit and it will help to make your mind,s up.For me there is a good live to be lived in Spain good fortune
Old Sep 19th 2019, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

We have a 3 bed 2 bath apartment in Xirles that cost €80k earlier in the year. Its a very small village nestled in the mountains about 6km away from Benidorm

Its only 20mins (or less) if the traffic is good to Benidorm, we quite like Benidorm, its got some nice parts to it. As well as the usual Brit bars etc.

Have you looked at Al Faz or Albir?
Alibi is further around the coast but is much quieter and Al Faz is the inland town, some Brits but more Scandinavians most of whom (well the ones we know) are nice people.

As others have said you need to go over and spend some time (we did although the wife's dad has lived there for the last 15 years) so we were happy to buy in the same area.

I would suggest a winter trip because Benidorm is a different town in January.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.