Reload this Page >

Living in Ayamonte

Living in Ayamonte

Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:33 am
Just Joined

BarbaraBigg is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Living in Ayamonte

Hi all,
My husband and I currently live in Australia - Have been here for nearly 10 years, but are thinking of making a move back into Europe. We are looking at the Ayamaonte/Costa de luz coast. Any help regarding the areas/cost of living/house prices etc etc etc............................... would be MOST APPRECIATED. I want to find out as much as I can about living here, good things AND bad things. I have read some awful stuff about costa del sol/ etc.... Please, Plesase, everyone write to me and let me know as much as possible
Thanking you in anticipation, BarbaraBigg
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:17 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by BarbaraBigg
Hi all,
My husband and I currently live in Australia - Have been here for nearly 10 years, but are thinking of making a move back into Europe. We are looking at the Ayamaonte/Costa de luz coast. Any help regarding the areas/cost of living/house prices etc etc etc............................... would be MOST APPRECIATED. I want to find out as much as I can about living here, good things AND bad things. I have read some awful stuff about costa del sol/ etc.... Please, Plesase, everyone write to me and let me know as much as possible
That is a bit ironic living in a land built by convicts.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Hi all,
By chance is your husbands name Ronnie???

Barbara, my family and I live in Ayamonte... as everyone will tell you, DONT buy anything..... once you have 3 posts I will PM you more info specific to your questions....
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:46 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and my family (2 kids) enjoy living in Ayamonte Town even though the work situation is quite difficult here. Like Andy said, don´t just buy anything. Perhaps you want to rent a place first and then decide what to do.

In the Ayamonte photograph thread there are a bunch of nice photo´s, Isla Canela, Ayamonte, etc.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:51 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
230 years ago.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Hello there, I think everyone who lives here would agree that you would need to rent here for at 6 months to a year to get a real feel of the area and the effect of the change of seasons. If you need to find a job locally, don't bother moving, not right now at least.

I have lived around Ayamonte for 10 years and wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. As for the bad points, which area doesn't have problems but are you referring to anything specific?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
Even more ironic living on the Costa del Crime inhabited by criminals.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Even more ironic living on the Costa del Crime inhabited by criminals.
Raise you a Ford Ranger color azul load from there. ;-))
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Pope

Barbara, my family and I live in Ayamonte... as everyone will tell you, DONT buy anything..... once you have 3 posts I will PM you more info specific to your questions....

hi, Thank you very much for your reply - much appreciated! Anything you can tell me about costa de la Luz etc... would be great. We have been out of the loop for so long living in Australia, it's hard to know what Europe is like!
I will put another two posts ip so that you can PM me. Thanks very much.

Barbara
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Pope

ROFL, No my husbands name is not Ronnie!!! But loved your sense of humour
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jur
Me and my family (2 kids) enjoy living in Ayamonte Town even though the work situation is quite difficult here. Like Andy said, don´t just buy anything. Perhaps you want to rent a place first and then decide what to do.

In the Ayamonte photograph thread there are a bunch of nice photo´s, Isla Canela, Ayamonte, etc.
Hi, Thanks so much for your reply - much appreciated! I have looked at the photos and it looks nice. We are not looking for work - although a couple of part-time jobs would be nice! Anything practical you can tell me is most welcomed. Weather/cost of living etc......
Once again, Thanks
Barbara
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Hello there, I think everyone who lives here would agree that you would need to rent here for at 6 months to a year to get a real feel of the area and the effect of the change of seasons. If you need to find a job locally, don't bother moving, not right now at least.

I have lived around Ayamonte for 10 years and wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. As for the bad points, which area doesn't have problems but are you referring to anything specific?
Hi, Thanks very much for your reply - much appreciated
We are not looking for work - although a couple of part- time jobs would be nice, if possible. I would love to hear comments about weather/cost of living etc.... Once again, thank you very much
Barbara
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Hi JDR,
Thanks for your reply, but I must be thick cos' I did not see any irony at all in the posting I made. Just wanting some sensible information, that's all
But, thank you anyway -
Barbara
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Living in Ayamonte

Hi, Thanks so much for your reply - much appreciated! I have looked at the photos and it looks nice. We are not looking for work - although a couple of part-time jobs would be nice! Anything practical you can tell me is most welcomed. Weather/cost of living etc......
Once again, Thanks
Barbara
Weather! Its been a glorious week blue skies puffy white clouds temps between 25 and 30 cool mornings and warm evenings sitting in the town hall square until 10.30 with beer and tapas watching the world go by. Woke up this morning to heavy cloud and it is now raining very hard but tomorrow will be nice again.

Welcome to the thread and keep asking the questions and be very very careful.

Regards John.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Weather! Its been a glorious week blue skies puffy white clouds temps between 25 and 30 cool mornings and warm evenings sitting in the town hall square until 10.30 with beer and tapas watching the world go by. Woke up this morning to heavy cloud and it is now raining very hard but tomorrow will be nice again.

Welcome to the thread and keep asking the questions and be very very careful.

Regards John.
Hi John & Kath,
Thank you so much for your reply
Weather sounds good What is the cost of living like? Can u give any examples? Also I am unsure of what you mean by 'be very very careful' Do you mean in relation to property buying? Can u give any advice of areas to live? I am 54 and my husband is 63. Anything you can tell us will be most welcome
Thanks again,
Best wishes to you
Barbara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.