Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Licence of first occupation

Licence of first occupation

Old Mar 16th 2007, 10:43 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Licence of first occupation

We havent moved into our property. However, many people did on our development and the majority of them had never heard of the LFO until we mentioned it.

We only found out about it from the spanishpropertyinsight website after we had arranged our flights and all the money to go over to our spanish bank account ready for completion about 2 weeks before we got the keys and the legal lady dealing with our completion had not mentioned it. Once we asked her about it she was quite forthcoming, but it is worrying that these Solicitors are not even telling their clients about it.

We didn't have a mortgage so did not have a bank to bring it up.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 2:58 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Licence of first occupation

Originally Posted by Gill Stevens
We havent moved into our property. However, many people did on our development and the majority of them had never heard of the LFO until we mentioned it.

We only found out about it from the spanishpropertyinsight website after we had arranged our flights and all the money to go over to our spanish bank account ready for completion about 2 weeks before we got the keys and the legal lady dealing with our completion had not mentioned it. Once we asked her about it she was quite forthcoming, but it is worrying that these Solicitors are not even telling their clients about it.

That was a bit naughty was't it? You didn't mention whether you actually got your LFO before you moved in. Was everything ok?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill Stevens

That is just how easy they can con some people if they dont do their homework.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 10:15 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a slightly similar issue with my Developer (and possibly Solicitor) - despite that my purchase is in Cyprus. It's probably true in a high percentage of cases were 'foriegners' are buying property overseas. What you don't ask....they won't tell
Old Mar 17th 2007, 11:06 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Is the mortgage with a British lender or Spanish Smarties ??
Spanish one mate
Old Mar 17th 2007, 1:35 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Is the mortgage with a British lender or Spanish Smarties ??
Spanish mortgages are still a better deal than UK deals.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:29 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Spanish one mate
And it was quick and simple ? Hmmm considering having a top up mortgage on the property in Majorca and save the spending fund for spending lol .. But as i wont be physicaly working for anyone although obviously income coming in . I wasnt sure if the Spanish would go for that ?

Did you have to prove income and long term job security and things Smarties or was it easy ?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:32 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

And it was quick and simple ? Hmmm considering having a top up mortgage on the property in Majorca and save the spending fund for spending lol .. But as i wont be physicaly working for anyone although obviously income coming in . I wasnt sure if the Spanish would go for that ?

Did you have to prove income and long term job security and things Smarties or was it easy ?
If you have an income that can justify paying a monthly amount for a mortgage, no problemo!
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:33 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
If you have an income that can justify paying a monthly amount for a mortgage, no problemo!
So just a case of filling forms and stuff , wont have to prove earnings with payslips and all that millarky ?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:38 pm
MnM

So just a case of filling forms and stuff , wont have to prove earnings with payslips and all that millarky ?
You have to prove your income obviously

Bank statements as well as where it's coming from.

I believe there is also a self certification that can be done.

Check out Halifax Spain here
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MnM
You have to prove your income obviously

Bank statements as well as where it's coming from.

I believe there is also a self certification that can be done.

Check out Halifax Spain here
Ok thanks for that young man ..
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:44 pm
MnM

Ok thanks for that young man ..
I am NOT a man *lmbo*

100% female counterpart of the MnM part!
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MnM
I am NOT a man *lmbo*

100% female counterpart of the MnM part!
oops sorry young lady ..
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:19 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

I had to send copies of last three bank statements, three wage slips and copy of my passport Pete
Old Mar 18th 2007, 1:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
I had to send copies of last three bank statements, three wage slips and copy of my passport Pete
Cheers for that thats easy enough..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.