Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Lack of bribery in Spain

Lack of bribery in Spain

Old Jul 12th 2013, 3:02 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lack of bribery in Spain

Originally Posted by amideislas
erm, lawyers and politicians, too.

I was in a lawsuit a number of years back that had to be delayed until the plaintiff's lawyer had finished his jail sentence for fraud.

This is another of those things unique to Spain that is completely inconceivable in the UK or most of Europe.
I suppose that explains a lot of things about the bribery and corruption mindset.

Out of jail and back to "business" as normal.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 3:44 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
No, I don't believe it either. I'm not saying brown envelopes or the like don't happen in UK, there's a degree of corruption everywhere, but I've never even heard of anyone that I know even mention bribes, let alone pay one. I often wonder who they ask all these questions to in surveys, I've never been asked in my life.

The survey was conducted in different ways and by different companies in every different country. The survey in the UK was conducted on-line. That figure of 21% having bribed the judiciary in one year is so utterly bizarre that you have to consider that some respondents were simply taking the piss.

Sorry Cman. The relevance and accuracy of the report is very questionable. Even if that is the only anomaly in the report (and why should it be the only one?) it distorts the reported bribery figure for the UK out of all recognition.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
You and me both.
Looks like they're all at it up around our neck of the woods,

....though wait,..shock, horror !

Do I see a couple of flags up near Oviedo ?

Now I know it can't be true.
Looks grim, doesn't it, but I think you are Division 2, Andalucia can beat anyone for corruption. Funny, apart from our Mayor in UK a few years ago who was caught refereeing a football match whilst in receipt of Incapacity Benefit, I don't know of any more.
Andalucía es la comunidad española con más casos de corrupción entre 2000 y 2010, un total de 154
Old Jul 12th 2013, 5:10 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Not that it really matters, but it looks like we have pretty good density, considering the size of the island. But I reckon that puts us in a premiere division.

Hey, Maybe we can start a pissing match about who is the most corrupt?

"Moron! You guys wouldn't know a good payoff scam if it kicked you in the teeth!"

"Bollocks! We have more mafia than any of you tossers! You think they are all goodie-goodies like you cupcakes?"
Old Jul 12th 2013, 6:21 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Looks grim, doesn't it, but I think you are Division 2, Andalucia can beat anyone for corruption. Funny, apart from our Mayor in UK a few years ago who was caught refereeing a football match whilst in receipt of Incapacity Benefit, I don't know of any more.
Andalucía es la comunidad española con más casos de corrupción entre 2000 y 2010, un total de 154
AND I THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT SPAINWHAT HAS THE UK GOT TO DO WITH IT ??

and comment made even though you say you have me blocked
Old Jul 12th 2013, 9:50 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Not that it really matters, but it looks like we have pretty good density, considering the size of the island. But I reckon that puts us in a premiere division.

Hey, Maybe we can start a pissing match about who is the most corrupt?

"Moron! You guys wouldn't know a good payoff scam if it kicked you in the teeth!"

"Bollocks! We have more mafia than any of you tossers! You think they are all goodie-goodies like you cupcakes?"
I think my area can claim top spot and qualify for Europe to take on the Italians and the Greeks
Most of the Majors and their sidekicks from local villages near me are doing porridge.
No doubt studying and picking up a few tips on how to do it better next time when they are released.