Jobs Jobs Jobs

Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:38 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs Jobs Jobs

Originally Posted by Domino
don't remember that - who was it ??

didnt think people did such common things such as "work" in Marbella

Lushdaddy was one........if you want it enough.....all is hunky dory...and all that rubbish.

But then again according to him it was an improvement from the terrible jobs he ad in the UK.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:43 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

don't remember that - who was it ??

didnt think people did such common things such as "work" in Marbella

Pixieve was another who lived with her daughter on 800 a month but that was in Alicante.

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Even if there were jobs around (Marbella?????? hhhmm!!), they have to be "proper"jobs with contracts, or you have to take the risk of becoming an autonomo (260€ a month) or you wont be able to become a resident

Jo xxx
She claimed that she had a great job, but then at the same time was posting that she had no health cover at all, so obvioulsy she didn't have a contract
Old Jul 26th 2012, 12:33 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

don't knock it, even though they won't admit it here, there are many Brits "living" on €800/month
just depends on what you call living.

we believe we live better than in the UK, we pay less for our food (much less), have a better diet which is helping the much needed weight loss, the exercise is good living in a village built on a hill. The rent is less than we would pay in the UK, but then things like electricity are higher.

we have never been one's to be out partying every night - not on benefits, had to go to work the next day, have a fairly easy going, simple, life which we are happy with.

but we have no mortgage (here or UK) and the rent here is less than half of our rental income from the UK.

if truth be told - something BE Spain isn't exactly renowned for - that is what the majority are after, a quiet life, little outgoings, good weather, and a place to feel happy.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 12:40 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

don't knock it, even though they won't admit it here, there are many Brits "living" on €800/month
just depends on what you call living.

we believe we live better than in the UK, we pay less for our food (much less), have a better diet which is helping the much needed weight loss, the exercise is good living in a village built on a hill. The rent is less than we would pay in the UK, but then things like electricity are higher.

we have never been one's to be out partying every night - not on benefits, had to go to work the next day, have a fairly easy going, simple, life which we are happy with.

but we have no mortgage (here or UK) and the rent here is less than half of our rental income from the UK.

if truth be told - something BE Spain isn't exactly renowned for - that is what the majority are after, a quiet life, little outgoings, good weather, and a place to feel happy.
We have alreay been here before, and estabklished 800 is "doable" with no cargos, ie kids, and no rent or mortgage to pay.

But when someone is paying more than half their monthly 800 wage in rent a utilities then, no matter which way the sums are done that is subsistance.
And if a kid need dental treatment, or god forbid braces, then the whole "living" comes tumbling down like a house of cards.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

No, rant is necessary.
Why is it always "I want to open a bar", "I'll do anything, work in a bar, restaurant" ??
Have they really got no skills and think that it is easy working in a bar, letalone owning/running one (ask our resident expert about that one)
Perhaps they pulled a few pints in the Uni bar and it has given them first class honours along with pulling fellow students. Nowadays you can probably get a certificate for one or the other - or both.
I think most of the people who what to open a bar here have spent half their lives propping up bars as customers, and thinking they could do a much better job!

As for the younger ones, lots of students in GB do bar work these days to avoid getting so much into debt, so yes, they probably have got some experience. Not sure if that would prepare them for a 12 hour shift in a Benidorm p1ss-pit though!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

nogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond reputenogard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Yes the new rules insist that you must have full health cover and proof of sufficient income.

If you are of UK retirement age that the health issue shouldn't be a problem if you have the DWP Form S1.

It has been covered at some length on this recent thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757881

If you need more information please post on that thread.
Thanks. Yes i am of retirement age; just. Will read the other thread. Thanks again.