Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Jags - Time To Act

Wikiposts

Jags - Time To Act

Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:39 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jags - Time To Act

Do you really think they will close down Jags because of a petition from a few ex-pats There are music laws and he will have to abide by them that's all. I suppose he has a licence for music?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:29 am
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
Yes I was the one to start the thread, but as one of the individuals know this was off the back of some very specific emails which were being circulated behind people's backs which I did not start. I also publicly said that if they weren't true then I apologise. However, none of the mentioned individuals have denied the gossip, which is all this really is, so other bloggers can make up there own minds on this.

Tell me, if there was a petition to close you down, wouldn't you want a fair trial. Or would you rather wait until the authorities turned up with a closure notice based one sided story that was too late to contest. Be honest now!
"However, none of the mentioned individuals have denied the gossip, which is all this really is, so other bloggers can make up there own minds on this"

The above quote being yours, however in an earlier post you state

"The above mentioned ex partner has also contacted me to say that these rumours about him are not true"

You are not even aware of what you saying, let alone being in a position to pass judgement on people who are innocent until proven guilty!
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:41 am
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

Cool down!! ... maybe it's the heat!!

Best close the thread and wait for a suitable outcome.

Nothing is being resolved here ... just one or two trying to rev up the thread!!

Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I have nothing to do with this thread or the area, however I do not see why I shouldn't join in with this debate.

Poor old Mrtrumper has posted his opinions and had nothing but abuse from most of the regular posters.
Why? He is entitled to his opinion and should be allowed to voice them on this or any other forum.
It seems to me most of you are only interested in keeping this bar open on the basis there is little alternative without driving elsewhere.
Surely there can be a compromise where jags shuts at a reasonable time.
If I lived in the proximity of a bar or pub whether in the Uk or Spain and the opening hours became extended I would complain and I suspect so would most of you.

How many of you would be happy with a "jags" next to you?

If you had bought a property near a quiet restaurant that then turns into a late night venue how would you react?
If it was known that this was the case prior to buying then that is a different matter.
I apologise if I have got the wrong end of the stick/
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I have nothing to do with this thread or the area, however I do not see why I shouldn't join in with this debate.

Poor old Mrtrumper has posted his opinions and had nothing but abuse from most of the regular posters.
Why? He is entitled to his opinion and should be allowed to voice them on this or any other forum.
It seems to me most of you are only interested in keeping this bar open on the basis there is little alternative without driving elsewhere.
If I lived in the proximity of a bar or pub whether in the Uk or Spain and the opening hours became extended I would complain and I suspect so would most of you.

If you had bought a property near a quiet restaurant that then turns into a late night venue how would you react?
If it was known that this was the case prior to buying then that is a different matter.

Thanks, Do you think I'll be getting some apologies?....
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:21 am
V.S
Joined a short while ago

V.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant futureV.S has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
Thanks, Do you think I'll be getting some apologies?....
Now you are going too far! lol
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnyone

Spot on!
Mr Trumper lives on Costa Esuri.
He repeatedly says he has nothing against a restaurant offering good food, good wine and a lovely ambience.
He does however feel strongly for individuals who have invested massively in the building of a villa and only wants them to enjoy a lovely relaxing environment as it should be on a golf course.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:45 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

I have only holiday´s in the area a few times. I did get my Skype hacked whilst in the cafe - so I went to Jags cos it was quieter - and found the midday food excellent and very cheap - so went there many times.

Yes Jags is in a funny place - and yes I feel sorry for anyone who has to put up with the noise - but then again - my dogs are the noisiest out and hopefully keep all the burglars away. So you wouldn´t want to live next door to me - currently my next door neighbour comes home between 3-30 & six in the morning and my dogs really know how to kick off to make sure he comes nowhere near LOL.

But if the noise is only for the summer - does it really matter? And you can PM me all you like - I won´t be put off - in fact I will be at Jags in September again all being well - so there

Davexf
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

I have only holiday´s in the area a few times. I did get my Skype hacked whilst in the cafe - so I went to Jags cos it was quieter - and found the midday food excellent and very cheap - so went there many times.

Yes Jags is in a funny place - and yes I feel sorry for anyone who has to put up with the noise - but then again - my dogs are the noisiest out and hopefully keep all the burglars away. So you wouldn´t want to live next door to me - currently my next door neighbour comes home between 3-30 & six in the morning and my dogs really know how to kick off to make sure he comes nowhere near LOL.

But if the noise is only for the summer - does it really matter? And you can PM me all you like - I won´t be put off - in fact I will be at Jags in September again all being well - so there

Davexf
Funny Place? Why?
I thought it was the dogs whatsits! just a bit noisy now. Tried to go once and couldnt find the car park. Went lots when it was in town. It was fab shame it closed.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:51 am
V.S
Joined a short while ago

Originally Posted by olivia
Funny Place? Why?
I thought it was the dogs whatsits! just a bit noisy now. Tried to go once and couldnt find the car park. Went lots when it was in town. It was fab shame it closed.
Yes it is a shame it closed, however the ex partner and chef has opened around the corner in plaza La Lota doing the same kind of food
Old Aug 21st 2012, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Poppy Mae is an unknown quantity at this point

Just picking up on the dreadful accident that happened at Jags (I don't live in the area but like many I have had a meal there.) Very delicate subject but I feel it must be said that even if a lifeguard was present it is not their job to babysit a pool full of children whilst their parents are doing something else. Even if there were more than one lifeguard it would be nigh on impossible to watch everybody but of course if something did happen then there would be a responsible fully trained adult present to deal with it.

I don't know about the requirements here in Spain but certainly in the UK there are requirements for unaccompanied children who wish to use public pools. My husband was a lifeguard/pool manager for 20 years, the borough he worked for stated any child using the pool without an adult had to be able to swim one width of the pool if this was not the case then the ratio for child/adult was one on one up to the age of 11 years. Of course different boroughs had different rules, many parent would turn up in the holiday wanting to leaving their non-swimming 7/8/9 year old at the pool whilst they were off shopping, they really thought it was free childcare for a couple of hours.

Where I live now in Spain young children have to be accompanied by an adult to use the local pool, but I do not know at what age that changes, in fact a couple of years ago friends were told that only children attending with schools were really aloud in to swim, otherwise it was adult only.

Not living in your area you may think I have no right to comment if so I understand and can live with that. As for the problem with the noise and the local villa's, well I did think that when I was taken there, thought to myself I wouldn't want to live next to this. Hopefully the locals and Jag can come to some sort of agreement regarding music and noise over the summer months, maybe at weekends only. Peace me with you.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

Just got this email:

"We are very sorry to inform our customers we have been served notification by the Town Hall that our license has been suspended, due to persistent complaints by our neighbour. Our lawyers have submitted all the documentation requested and we hope to re-open on Monday 27th August. We would like to apologise to all our customers for the inconvenience and thank you for all your support during this difficult period.

Regards

Jag's Bistro"

I still don't want it to close. I still wouldn't have built my house next to the bar if it was an issue to me (even if I'd bought the land before Jags, the build started after Jags) and I wouldn't have an issue living next door to it either.

I also think there has to be a compromise - involving both sides. Why would you want to fall out with you neighbour? Either Jag or the owner of the villa?

I don't know if it's gone too far for them to be civil to each other now though. Who know's.. everything has a solution if you try hard enough.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 4:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

This is now in legal hands and I'm not sure it is wise for any further comment to be made on here, hence I am closing the thread

I have sent a pm to one person on this thread, and I do require a reply, thank you