Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Jags - Time To Act

Jags - Time To Act

Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:34 am
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of
Default Jags - Time To Act

We heard a few rumours the last few times we were over, but these rumours now seem to be true and the fact is "some people are trying to get Jags shut down".

This is terrible news as Jags is a key part of CE providing the only real all round bar/restraint/entertainment for the area. Of course we have the golf club and the little shop, but Jags is the best thing that has arrived at CE since day one!

It has been suggested that a nearby neighbour, an ex-partner and an ex-employee are doing there best to get Jags shut down for one reason or another. They may well have valid reasons for there actions, but why should this affect the rest of the CE owners and their guests!

Apparently the police arrived the other night to stop the music in front of a packed terrace of people enjoying themselves. Considering that Jag has set nights and set times for live music, could this be the start of the demise ?

I am sure that put to a vote there would be very little opposition to Jags other than a few key enemies. Does anyone know how we can lodge a formal petition to help save what I see as a key part of CE.

And by the way I have no commercial interest in Jags!

Last edited by John and Lynn; Aug 11th 2012 at 10:13 am.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jags - Time To Act

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
We heard a few rumours the last few times we were over, but these rumours now seem to be true and the fact is "some people are trying to get Jags shut down".

This is terrible news as Jags is a key part of CE providing the only real all round bar/restraint/entertainment for the area. Of course we have the golf club and the little shop, but Jags is the best thing that has arrived at CE since day one!

It has been suggested that a nearby neighbour, an ex-partner and an ex-employee are doing there best to get Jags shut down for one reason or another. They may well have valid reasons for there actions, but why should this affect the rest of the CE owners and their guests!

Apparently the police arrived the other night to stop the music in front of a packed terrace of people enjoying themselves. Considering that Jag has set nights and set times for live music, could this be the start of the demise ?

I am sure that put to a vote there would be very little opposition to Jags other than a few key enemies. Does anyone know how we can lodge a formal petition to help save what I see as a key part of CE.

And by the way I have no commercial interest in Jags!
These will be the same group that denounced Jag for a technical infringement just before he was due to open, which put back the opening by several months. Seems like hell hath no fury.....

Anyone any ideas on how we can be supportive (without getting embroiled in a domestic) I'd hate to have to choose between restos
Old Aug 11th 2012, 3:38 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

In my view if you buy a plot next to a what was always going to end up as a drinking and eating place, then you have to put up with a bit of noise now and again. As for the personal vendettas, they should be kept on a personal level and not affect those innocent people who enjoy the place.

We'd rather not chose between restos but simply support them all in these hard times. Let's hope those certain individuals can see the damage they could do to CE and thier character if Jags was to shut down?
Old Aug 11th 2012, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

In my view if you buy a plot next to a what was always going to end up as a drinking and eating place, then you have to put up with a bit of noise now and again. As for the personal vendettas, they should be kept on a personal level and not affect those innocent people who enjoy the place.

We'd rather not chose between restos but simply support them all in these hard times. Let's hope those certain individuals can see the damage they could do to CE and thier character if Jags was to shut down?
I'm not taking sides but I would like to point out that the folks who bought the plot next to what is now Jags bought it before the developer bought the rest and built all the villas and what was to be a club house for those villa's. By then they were committed and as the economy went belly up had no way of selling it. Its their permanent home and can you in all honesty say that you would like to live next to a place that has live music outside ( 2/3 times a week) throughout the warmer months, come on be honest. Regards Bryony
Old Aug 11th 2012, 5:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeCol
I'm not taking sides but I would like to point out that the folks who bought the plot next to what is now Jags bought it before the developer bought the rest and built all the villas and what was to be a club house for those villa's. By then they were committed and as the economy went belly up had no way of selling it. Its their permanent home and can you in all honesty say that you would like to live next to a place that has live music outside ( 2/3 times a week) throughout the warmer months, come on be honest. Regards Bryony
I am not taking sides either, but that is what buying off plan is all about, you never know what will pop up next door. I wouldn't what that to happen to me either, but I also wouldn't want to take away the pleasure of Jags from others on CE. Surely there can be a compromise rather than working with others to shut him down?
Old Aug 11th 2012, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

I am not taking sides either, but that is what buying off plan is all about, you never know what will pop up next door. I wouldn't what that to happen to me either, but I also wouldn't want to take away the pleasure of Jags from others on CE. Surely there can be a compromise rather than working with others to shut him down?
I agree, a few of us were saying the other day that maybe a 3rd party could get them to come to some kind of agreement that would satisfy them both
Old Aug 11th 2012, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

In the early days, I'm pretty sure there was no live music at Jags and it was full, due to the quality of the food, so maybe he is simply going to have to revert to being a resto again. Maybe that would be better, than being closed down.
Great shame this has happened, but I can see both sides of the coin here. In fact we discussed the impact on the villas and Marina Esuri, when the music was quite intrusive one night.
If Jags closes, then that is a massive blow to CE and I really hope a compromise can be reached.
BTW, went to the "rival" for dinner last month, expecting great things (after seeing postings on Trip Advisor) and thought it pretty average.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 5:30 pm
Banned

They could put up some see through acoustic screens on the right hand side of Jags and reduce the volume a tad, but what about the ex companions who are intent on closing him down? Lets just hope they want to maintain thier popularity and just move on?

Last edited by John and Lynn; Aug 11th 2012 at 5:33 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AndyS
In the early days, I'm pretty sure there was no live music at Jags and it was full, due to the quality of the food, so maybe he is simply going to have to revert to being a resto again. Maybe that would be better, than being closed down.
Great shame this has happened, but I can see both sides of the coin here. In fact we discussed the impact on the villas and Marina Esuri, when the music was quite intrusive one night.
If Jags closes, then that is a massive blow to CE and I really hope a compromise can be reached.
BTW, went to the "rival" for dinner last month, expecting great things (after seeing postings on Trip Advisor) and thought it pretty average.
I think that may be one way forward as, without being unkind to the entertainers, sometimes its a bit like Butlins. We can hear it and we live at the opposite side of ME. But we are far enough away that just shutting the windows blocks out the sound sadly this won't work for people closer to it. On the other hand why should we have to go inside and shut the doors and windows when 1 of the reasons for living here was to be able to sit out in the evenings. I think that just keeping it as a restaurant would help and maybe he could offer close neighbours a free meal now and again
Old Aug 11th 2012, 6:41 pm
Banned

Totally agree, I am not a big fan of the live music anyway. Just to have a bar / bistro nearby is the main objective!

Plus a cheaper menu with bar snacks in the evening! :-) !!
Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

This reads like he is damned either way. I don't know the ins and outs of his business nor his life and don't want to unless straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

If folks are out to close him down, maybe they better think of what might happen if he moves on ... be careful of what you wish for springs to mind.

I would have thought Esuri needed a place for entertainment, I love good live music. It seems to me that Costa Esuri has little enough to encourage growth, one less place will not do it any favours. Maybe some of the ones that want him out want to take it over ?
Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:27 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

I've been to Jags and enjoyed it there, music or not.

I can't comment on loud music there, because at the time it wasn't.

Without some focus and entertainment point on Esuri, it could well turn into a very sad place.

I suggest that the residents (I'm not one) stand up and support him .... even if the result has to be with a quieter entertainment program.

The food was good ... and believe me there is not much decent food about anywhere!!

Good luck

PS ... It's tad hot ... may have to loose the fleece

Last edited by Barbara Red lips; Aug 11th 2012 at 8:32 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I found plenty good food in Ayamonte and plan trying all the places that take my fancy and probably some that don't with all the visitors I seem to be getting !
Old Aug 11th 2012, 8:55 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

I'm amazed you found plenty of good food.

I found lots of average food served in tiled out toilets ....not so charming.

There appears to more opportunities to eat decent food over the border.

However a lot of is it of a 70's era.

Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barbara Red lips
I've been to Jags and enjoyed it there, music or not.

I can't comment on loud music there, because at the time it wasn't.
I've also enjoyed a good meal at Jag's out of season and very quiet. However had there been loud music I would of walked away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.