Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Jags - Time To Act

Jags - Time To Act

Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:10 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Jags - Time To Act

Good on ya Fred , we have similar tastes.

Danny Maverick has done some good not so loud turns there in the past!!

Last edited by Barbara Red lips; Aug 11th 2012 at 9:13 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 11:37 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

What a great shame it would be if Jag was bullied into closing down as this is what this is - a pure case of bullying. We arent lucky enough to own a place on Esuri (yet) but we holiday there every year and we love going to Jags - the place is lovely, the food is fantastic and when they do have music on it creates a lively atmosphere - we were lucky enough to be at the Golf Club when that guy you've mentioned was doing his turn for the charity do last Friday and I would say he was only as loud as the turns on at Jags - as people have said it just sounds like sour grapes and a vendetta against a former employer\partner - I'm sure they wouldn't be happy if it was them in Jags position. Shame on them - long live Jags xxxxx
Old Aug 12th 2012, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
What a great shame it would be if Jag was bullied into closing down as this is what this is - a pure case of bullying. We arent lucky enough to own a place on Esuri (yet) but we holiday there every year and we love going to Jags - the place is lovely, the food is fantastic and when they do have music on it creates a lively atmosphere - we were lucky enough to be at the Golf Club when that guy you've mentioned was doing his turn for the charity do last Friday and I would say he was only as loud as the turns on at Jags - as people have said it just sounds like sour grapes and a vendetta against a former employer\partner - I'm sure they wouldn't be happy if it was them in Jags position. Shame on them - long live Jags xxxxx
It has nothing to do with a former employer/partner, its the people who have a property next door and it is their permanent home not just for holidays. So as I said in a previous post would you be happy living next door, come on be honest.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would never buy off plan, I like to see exactly what is where. I understand people do buy this way and surely it comes with the territory that something you do not like the look off or the use of may be built on your doorstep. If the rules of operating such a place are being adhered to then I doubt there is much you can do legally about it.

One families peace and enjoyment of their home and another families livelihood ... hopefully there is a middle road.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 1:45 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MikeCol
It has nothing to do with a former employer/partner, its the people who have a property next door and it is their permanent home not just for holidays. So as I said in a previous post would you be happy living next door, come on be honest.
I'm not so sure that it is only the neighbour, as an ex employee who works at the golf club is said to be involved as well as the ex partner. Seems they all have a grudge for reasons of thier own but have joined forces to stir up as much trouble as they can...Shame on them!!
Old Aug 12th 2012, 3:08 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

That is not quite the story that is going round though is it - it seems it's a vendetta against Jag n his business from a previous partner and employer and something to do with the neighbour - this is what we have heard although second hand but from a very reliable source - such a shame when friendships turn nasty xxxxx
Old Aug 12th 2012, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Why can't the previous partner/employee open a rival business above the shop and leave jags alone. That way everyone should win (except perhaps jags' neighbours) and in particular the CE residents who would have an extra venue to chose from
Kath
Old Aug 12th 2012, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

I'm not taking sides but I would like to point out that the folks who bought the plot next to what is now Jags bought it before the developer bought the rest and built all the villas and what was to be a club house for those villa's. By then they were committed and as the economy went belly up had no way of selling it. Its their permanent home and can you in all honesty say that you would like to live next to a place that has live music outside ( 2/3 times a week) throughout the warmer months, come on be honest. Regards Bryony
The villa neighbour has to be naive to imagine buying a plot of land next to a club house either built or on the builders plans. His argument surely must be with his solicitor and not Jag for failing to advise him/her of what was to be. Back in the UK that is what searches are for. To unearth future unexpected problems.
What would the situation be had there not been a recession? The shopping centre open with bars, caffa's, and restaurants all competing for business. Now there would have been some serious noise in the name of entertainment with many disolutioned property owners on many sides. Who would be complaining then? Maybe that is something to look forward to in the hopefully not too distant future or will owners object to the shopping centre opening and creating noise,traffic and pollution? You can't please all the people all the time.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 8:26 pm
Happy in my bubble

I have had a message off one of the people mentioned in this thread and he tells me that the rumours are untrue - I have apologised back to him on there and I will appologise to him on here too xxx
Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:23 am
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

The above mentioned ex partner has also contacted me to say that these rumours about him are not true. He is a firm believer that the more places there are to eat and drink, the more people will come to visit. If this is the truth, then I also apologise.

Let's just hope the rest of the rumours are also untrue
Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I smell rats doo doo here
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I smell rats doo doo here
Not having any first hand experience of the above suggested vendettas, should someone claim their innocence then this needs to be taken on board. After all the idea of this thread is to expose the rumours, quash them and stop things going any further. As long as this person is sincere and maintains their integrity thats fine my me.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
Not having any first hand experience of the above suggested vendettas, should someone claim their innocence then this needs to be taken on board. After all the idea of this thread is to expose the rumours, quash them and stop things going any further. As long as this person is sincere and maintains their integrity thats fine my me.
It makes me wonder why you added to the rumour mill, with as you say no first hand knowledge. If someone claims innocence by warning folks off. they obviously are on the forum or are being fed the comments. Either way simple thing to do come and tell it like it is. No dirty tricks.

I was commenting on all the warned off posts / deleted posts and the fact that if some people on here were warned off. it all stinks a wee bit I think.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:34 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham G
The villa neighbour has to be naive to imagine buying a plot of land next to a club house either built or on the builders plans. His argument surely must be with his solicitor and not Jag for failing to advise him/her of what was to be. Back in the UK that is what searches are for. To unearth future unexpected problems.
What would the situation be had there not been a recession? The shopping centre open with bars, caffa's, and restaurants all competing for business. Now there would have been some serious noise in the name of entertainment with many disolutioned property owners on many sides. Who would be complaining then? Maybe that is something to look forward to in the hopefully not too distant future or will owners object to the shopping centre opening and creating noise,traffic and pollution? You can't please all the people all the time.
Hi Graham - couldnt agree more....

We were at Jags before the high season. He had an event and told me that he had 85 diners and also many others having a drink.

The events he organises are always well attended even in low season. For example the quiz, always packed out when we have been there/passed by.... even in low season. And we are not quiz fans.

Jags provides an essential service to CE... I dont know anything about the finances but I think without the events the business would not work. Having events brings in the customers and also improves the community feeling. Like it or not, the more we have in CE - the more attractive it is.

We live closer than most to Jags - literally a stone's throw away. .... and do we like the noise? - of course not.... but would we ever dream of making a complaint? ... of course not. We would never want to ruin the pleasure of literally hundreds and hundreds of people that enjoy Jags. The music stops at midnight.

I agree with a previous poster that Jags opening was the best news in CE. Sure, it is an 'English' resto, but it has a proper menu and Jags staff wont throw you out at 9pm! As long as there are a few customers Jags will stay open till late to serve you. = The only place in CE .......... which has 6000 residences, +/- 50% sold.

We are also in 'line of sight' to the golf club terrace ... would we complain if they had events on their terrace? - of course not. We are big fans of Angela and Vanya at the club, who are amongst our favourite 'hospitality workers' anywhere. We want them to be successful. But like any business customer loyalty is earned.

I think most people got an e-mail saying that there would be an online petition to the mayor supporting Jags. Even if you dont go much to Jags - or even if you dont like Jags, I hope you will sign that - because Jags offers a service to the CE community, their guests and renters.... I'm waiting for the promised follow up e-mail to explain how we can sign up.

Jags is not one of the places we frequent the most - and we are affected by the noise etc, but we would never want it to close. Anyone that has seen my posts will know that we are 'foodies' and nearly all of my recommendations are local Spanish/Portuguese places - but we need Jags and more besides.

We spent a six figure sum when we bought... we lost a six figure sum in the crisis. When we bought we had 'dreams' (!) of a supermarket, commercial centre with restos, bars and (heaven forbid) bowling alley/burger king, etc etc! Also hotels etc with entertainment possibilities. Imagine the noise of that!

We have to pay EUC charges and have no bus service or even a post box! Its pitiful how little there is on CE for entertainment or facilities. Even with the 'transient population' we may have at CE - I am sure that if you did a metric of bars/restos per headcount, you would never be close to what they have in Ayamonte... or even Villablanca for example.

We need more businesses to come to CE - we certainly dont need to shut down a successful one. For example, as I mentioned before, I am hoping that someone will buy the place above the 'local' (=shop) and make a fantastic resto/bar. I hope it will be a Spanish/Portuguese place. Opposite that there is another great location. But of course the townhouses will have more noise - but not unexpected when we bought. I would also like to see a kiosko in Marina Esuri (as posted earlier) in our 'village square'... and of course the much-discussed gate

So we are not quiz fans, we eat mainly local food - and we dont love the noise. But we support Jags fully - as we support the 'local' and the club. They are a part of CE and we support CE.

Lets have more businesses in CE and if they compete and affect the very few we already have.... well that's life! I want more customer choice to spend that hard earned wonga!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Aug 14th 2012 at 9:36 am.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:41 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

EXCELLENT !! EXCELLENT POST !!

All we felt and wanted to say so DITTO to everything !

Mel and John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.