Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ivanmax is back-You ready for a Spanish bankruptcy?)

Ivanmax is back-You ready for a Spanish bankruptcy?)

Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ivanmax is back-You ready for a Spanish bankruptcy?)

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
I can't understand why more people haven't slated and disregarded this Thread. It's just awful.
Why should a post be slated just because he expresses a view different to yours? Are you always right, and anyone the doesn't share your opinion always wrong? I for one would not slate his post as I don't think he is a million miles from the truth.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by agoreira
Why should a post be slated just because he expresses a view different to yours? Are you always right, and anyone the doesn't share your opinion always wrong? I for one would not slate his post as I don't think he is a million miles from the truth.
So, are you getting the popcorn out and looking forward to enjoying the show ???
DSB.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
We all need to take a positive view of the situation
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

ivanmax will become famous soon enoughivanmax will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
Are you for real ? You are such a protagonist !
"Popcorn" ? "Enjoy the show" ? "Ivan is back" ?

Am I supposed to be interested, moreover, impressed by your post ? Please, before you comment that I have replied to the said post already, I've only done so to disrespect your sentiments / not to partake in such a pithy excuse to "start a thread".

You should be ashamed of yourself.

If you were to blurb out the above sentences in a Spanish bar amongst Friends, do you think that they will appreciate you views ?

"Enjoy the show / Popcorn" ??

Even if the case should occur, is that something that you will rejoice upon? Like you mentioned "you were right last time" ? Seriously, you need to show more respect to people in their predicament. I can't understand why more people haven't slated and disregarded this Thread. It's just awful.

It may well happen to you someday.
DSB.
Man...do you understand what irony and sarcasm is? Do you really think I like my country to be in this situation?
Old Jun 10th 2010, 1:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanmax
Man...do you understand what irony and sarcasm is? Do you really think I like my country to be in this situation?
I guess its because people cant project irony and sarcasm or emotions properly on a forum thread, so maybe to some your post comes over almost as enjoying the situation. I'm not saying you are, its just easy to misunderstand people on forums sometimes
Old Jun 10th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Believe me. Having to consider leaving your country at 35, not knowing if tomorrow when I get up my money will still be in the bank and seeing a beautiful country going down the drain is not an enjoyable situation for anybody.

Last edited by ivanmax; Jun 10th 2010 at 6:33 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me. Having to consider leaving your country at 35, not knowing if tomorrow when I get up my money will still be in the bank and seeing a beautiful country going down the drain is not an enjoyable situation for anybody.
Now you know how a lot of UK expats feel like, cos a lot of us are in the same situation.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

At 35 you are a very lucky young person if you have got enough spare cash to worry about? If you have, share it around the banks. Not sure what the guarantee limits are in Spain. I think its £50,000 per account in the U.K.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:40 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Now you know how a lot of UK expats feel like, cos a lot of us are in the same situation.
Hold on, I know what you’re saying, and I’m in the same boat, but the pound is steadily going up. I went to the cash point today and found that the recent increase in the level meant that my wife and I, she was standing next to me trying to find out my pin number, could go for a Chinese meal for nothing.

The Chinese restaurant was right next to the bank, and it’s quite a posh one,. We sat outside in the sun, enjoying our free meal, and a free bottle of wine, leaving a decent tip which cost us nothing.

That’s at 1.21 to the pound, if it goes back to 1.50, we’re going on a cruise. If it dips to parity or less, we’re going home. To be honest, I don’t even mind that. There’s a couple of pubs in the East End that I miss, a caravan site at Clacton that needs a visit, and relatives up north (over the border) I haven’t seen for years.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Hold on, I know what you’re saying, and I’m in the same boat, but the pound is steadily going up. I went to the cash point today and found that the recent increase in the level meant that my wife and I, she was standing next to me trying to find out my pin number, could go for a Chinese meal for nothing.

The Chinese restaurant was right next to the bank, and it’s quite a posh one,. We sat outside in the sun, enjoying our free meal, and a free bottle of wine, leaving a decent tip which cost us nothing.

That’s at 1.21 to the pound, if it goes back to 1.50, we’re going on a cruise. If it dips to parity or less, we’re going home. To be honest, I don’t even mind that. There’s a couple of pubs in the East End that I miss, a caravan site at Clacton that needs a visit, and relatives up north (over the border) I haven’t seen for years.
Thats the spirit HBG, don't let all these tales of impending doom get you down.
Always look on the bright side of life,and all that.

Oh,..but do keep a close guard on that pin number,
Could be an even bigger threat than the crisis, if it happened to get into the wrong hands,...eh what,..say no more....
Old Jun 10th 2010, 11:03 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

My life’s achievements are controlled by two pin numbers. I’m only a semi-respectable person because of some mistakes when I was much younger.

You can’t turn the clock back in life, otherwise we’d all be preachers preaching to the converted.

I can think of one on this very forum.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

You can also save by choosing the right bank to withdraw money too.

We were going to draw some the other day from BBVA but they didnt offer a very good rate so we crossed the road to Bancaja and in doing so were able to draw an extra 9 euros just because they were offering a better withdrawal rate.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Check this one. It is a piece of news from the Financial Times Deutschland. I have translated from german to English using the google translator which is not very impressive...Well try to read it. It basically says the EU is getting ready for a Spanish crash:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=de&tl=en

By the way...I got some money to worry about but now that much. It is mainly money I made while I lived in your country after selling the flat I bought there for quite a good price. The price actually doubled in the three years I owned the flat which was great for me but not that good for the buyers.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by HBG

Highfields at Clacton ?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 8:04 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jdr
Highfields at Clacton ?
No, Point Clear - the posh bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.