Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ivanmax is back (Spanish housing bubble)

Ivanmax is back (Spanish housing bubble)

Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:15 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ivanmax is back (Spanish housing bubble)

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I am happy to leave it at that and time will show you, that you have been foolish in your thinking, I did say earlier on that I may be wrong, I just doubt it from experience. If you don't learn from that what do you learn from?

Might be best you Keep your money in the bank earning nothing
In some cases the money could even be better in a drawer A friend thought that last year, saw an apartment reduced to 140,000 from 180,000 (was never worth that!). He bought it to rent. Same apartments are now selling (not) at 120,000. Not only has he lost 20,000 in 6 months, he has been unable to rent it and has to pay monthly community fees, taxes etc. He would have been better at even 0.5% for his money.

You sound a if the last few days sun has gone to your head

Can you tell me why "they" didn't let all the large developers know about the 10 year plan, such as Martin Fadesa who lost hundreds of millions
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:30 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

So long as you are happy, that's the main thing, we are all different. Some folk are all talk and full of advice and never chance a single penny and others put their money where their mouth is.

I have always been a bit of a gambler, I will always believe property is your best investment unless you buy from your heart instead of your brain, for instance it's blatantly obvious the CDS is not a place to buy.

I have never been afraid of spending up to a certain amount on an investment, just don't depend on it coming home as quick as you hoped.

So there's no boom up ahead then?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:32 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
In some cases the money could even be better in a drawer A friend thought that last year, saw an apartment reduced to 140,000 from 180,000 (was never worth that!). He bought it to rent. Same apartments are now selling (not) at 120,000. Not only has he lost 20,000 in 6 months, he has been unable to rent it and has to pay monthly community fees, taxes etc. He would have been better at even 0.5% for his money.

You sound a if the last few days sun has gone to your head

Can you tell me why "they" didn't let all the large developers know about the 10 year plan, such as Martin Fadesa who lost hundreds of millions
Why did these people buy properties thrown up and not worth half of what they paid?

Fools and their money..........
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:33 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with anonimouse on this.

What d'you reckon - Bilderburgh? Illuminati? Lizard people?

Come on everyone else WAKE UP!!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

So there's no boom up ahead then?
Oh if you wait long enough then probably....

Though smart money is on a Japan-style housing crash. A property in Japan is worth less in 2011 than it was in 1985!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:38 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
I'm with anonimouse on this.

Its the Lizards..... (spoken in a hushed, strained whisper)
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by cricketman
Oh if you wait long enough then probably....

Though smart money is on a Japan-style housing crash. A property in Japan is worth less in 2011 than it was in 1985!
You got it, most think they can make a quick buck over night, in the real world it's not that easy
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Please be gentle with me, I'm a newbie.

We've heard of the Great Spanish Property Crash but can't find any evidence in looking at the estate agents' websites. Properties still seem to be in the stratosphere and nothing we like that we can remotely afford. Comparing similar properties here in the UK to Spain, Spain still seems to be on a par with London.

Any pointers to where we can find these supposedly reduced-price properties? Even on recent trips to Spain and looking in estate agents' windows, the prices seem far from crashed.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by jimenato;9152562[COLOR="Red"
]I'm with anonimouse on this. [/COLOR]

Thank you,

Always happy to bring a thread back to life
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad

We've heard of the Great Spanish Property Crash but can't find any evidence in looking at the estate agents' websites. Properties still seem to be in the stratosphere and nothing we like that we can remotely afford. Comparing similar properties here in the UK to Spain, Spain still seems to be on a par with London.

Any pointers to where we can find these supposedly reduced-price properties? Even on recent trips to Spain and looking in estate agents' windows, the prices seem far from crashed.

Yes you are right, prices are still very high even though there have been large falls on the Costas, although they vary a lot from place to place.

From what people have said on here, the Costa Blanca seems to be the cheapest area on the Coast and I have seen links to 2 bed flats there for only 50k-70k euros. Dont know whether someone would be happy to live in them though. Otherwise, anywhere in-land in Spain and over 1 hours drive from a major city is much cheaper.

Try idealista.es, fotocasa.es, segundamano.es and kyero.es to browse properties for sale/rent
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:57 pm

The problem I think you will find is, many of these people have paid astronomical amounts for their properties and even at the reduced price they are still outrageously priced, They bought with their hearts on a sunny day whilst on holiday.

and now have a huge chip on their shoulders

Last edited by anonimouse; Feb 4th 2011 at 5:59 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cricketman.

Thanks for those links, I will go investigate. Alas, the Costa Blanca isn't on our shopping list. Nor is in-land, we do like our little paddle along a nice long beach.

I'm just glad we have plenty of time in which to sort all this out, it's far from straightforward.

I'm right glad (as they say in Sheffield) that we found this website.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

They bought with their hearts on a sunny day whilst on holiday
I can entirely sympathise with that. I don't know what it was about Spain that entranced us but over the years it has just become the ultimate goal. One way or another, I'm determined to get there.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:08 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Anonimouse, I thought you lived in Hungary
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:09 pm

I can entirely sympathise with that. I don't know what it was about Spain that entranced us but over the years it has just become the ultimate goal. One way or another, I'm determined to get there.
I really hope you do.

Don't listen to the experts on here who paid over the odds for their properties and now can only talk of doom and gloom, buy now while they are cheap.

There's many thousands behind you that still have that dream too once the banks slacken up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.