Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ivanmax is back (Spanish housing bubble)

Ivanmax is back (Spanish housing bubble)

Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:11 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ivanmax is back (Spanish housing bubble)

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Anonimouse, I thought you lived in Hungary
I have other homes too

Just happen to be here at the mo, I will be in my home in Spain in April

Like I said, I buy property and move about if it takes my fancy that is.

Last edited by anonimouse; Feb 4th 2011 at 6:21 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:48 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
So if for instance you yourself have sold a property in Spain, another regular poster here and elsewhere has sold and moved this week, other members on another forum that you are on first name terms with say they have sold not 1 but 2 of their properties in recent months are we to believe that you say that the Spanish market is dead because quite clearly it is not.
One swallow doesn't make a summer, but here's an example of the right property in the right place selling quickly

http://www.houses-for-sale-in-spain....lls-in-4-hours

I suspect it's a lot harder for most though
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:01 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I think we tend to forget the Lemming factor when discussing Spanish property prices as expats. I’ve got no doubt that they’re back.

While innocently enjoying the sunshine and ambience on the terrace of a Spanish bar this afternoon, I listened to a retired Brit couple discussing their recent purchase of a property nearby which they considered a bargain. I know from personal experience that they paid more than double of the house’s actual value.

I watched an elderly couple buying fake sun glasses from a lookie-lookie man that will probably ruin their eyesight.

What do you do? I’ll help anyone if I can, but how can you help lemmings? There are simply too many of them.

And in case anyone accuses me of being over-sarcastic, I came over as a lemming too, and learned the hard way.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You got a thesaurus for Christmas didn't you?
Nice word though. I admit I had to look it up, and I'm a bit of a language snob!
So apposite
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:06 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
Please be gentle with me, I'm a newbie.

We've heard of the Great Spanish Property Crash but can't find any evidence in looking at the estate agents' websites. Properties still seem to be in the stratosphere and nothing we like that we can remotely afford. Comparing similar properties here in the UK to Spain, Spain still seems to be on a par with London.

Any pointers to where we can find these supposedly reduced-price properties? Even on recent trips to Spain and looking in estate agents' windows, the prices seem far from crashed.
Keep looking as there are bargains as many have said, but if you want front line on the beach or indeed a real nice place near the beach that will cost.
BTW forget the pool if the property has one (IMO) as I have meet a lot of buyers over the years who buy the villa for the pool with a, It Has a Pool To Die For
In fact I know a couple who bought a place for the pool that had no mains water/electricity

Still maybe they think that they would use it every day, of every month, and just sleep in the house ?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:30 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
Keep looking as there are bargains as many have said, but if you want front line on the beach or indeed a real nice place near the beach that will cost.
BTW forget the pool if the property has one (IMO) as I have meet a lot of buyers over the years who buy the villa for the pool with a, It Has a Pool To Die For
In fact I know a couple who bought a place for the pool that had no mains water/electricity

Still maybe they think that they would use it every day, of every month, and just sleep in the house ?
I have to agree, the pool can be a pain in the butt, especially if you don't like working.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I have to agree, the pool can be a pain in the butt, especially if you don't like working.
Keeping a pool takes all of 3 minutes a day in the summer and about 3 minutes a week in the winter ,cant see what all the fuss is about.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Look, you won't see any change until they are convinced that we all think there's no return, it's really as simple as that. they are having to really push it this time.

Don't be falling into the trap of thinking that this is something new and unrecoverable. It's all deliberately done every ten years or so to get the wealthy richer and to keep the poor relying on the wealthy.

Before recovery everyone will have to be convinced that this time there is no recovery in sight.

I don't want to get personal but I think you have been taken in Hook line and sinker. I would take a bet that you are poor? Don't worry you're not alone. Wake up.
Here, I definitely agree with you!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:44 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Keeping a pool takes all of 3 minutes a day in the summer and about 3 minutes a week in the winter ,cant see what all the fuss is about.
You can hoover a pool in 3 minutes,
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:57 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
But it buggers the dyson completely.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ivanmax is back (Spanish housing bubble)

Originally Posted by Rotor
We reckon 10mins a week in winter and 1hr once a month. In summer as required but then we are down at the pool every day and I can't not do bits and pieces all the time not one for sunbathing.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Takes us 1hr once a month 14m x 5m size and allowing time for set up and clear up.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Takes us 1hr once a month 14m x 5m size and allowing time for set up and clear up.
Thats more like it.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I have a vax.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You want to see the size of the moter on my Dyson!