Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ITV question - Tyres

Talking of whom, where is Mitzyboy ?
Old May 15th 2008, 9:06 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Ah ...... but if you did ever take your car to the ITV station to have its TYRES checked you would have seen the guy in the red pen T-shirt.

Just to be clear we are still on topic here
Sounds to me like you are getting an itsy bitsy afraid of Jdrs red pen!
Old May 15th 2008, 9:06 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Naw, I'm not the one sitting in a caravan with dodgy tyres and FOUR jacks down, waiting for the rain to stop so the dog can get out and pee.
that you're not my man, and in the interest of keeping things nice an light I will refrain from making my usual reply................

Oh bugger it...............

phukough Juanker.
Old May 15th 2008, 9:07 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
that you're not my man, and in the interest of keeping things nice an light I will refrain from making my usual reply................

Oh bugger it...............

phukough Juanker.

Old May 15th 2008, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
that you're not my man,.....
My wife would be very pleased to hear that one Matt.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been driving all over the place trying to find the answer to my question as I'm sure as dammit not going to get it on here am I. As usual, one page of advice and 4 pages of crap

Dont you realise people are just getting p!ssed off with it and not posting here any more?

Thats what we started Siesta time for, I thought.

And I'm not getting my @rse in my hands, just making the point that we should really treat serious questions in the main form as serious ...... I shouldn't we? I have to make a decision today as to whether to make the effort & expense to buy some alloys and tyres in the UK and ship them back here, but really I dont know whether I should or shouldn't.

Anyway, rant over, back to the drawing board as they say!
Old May 15th 2008, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

Welcome back Mitzy.
Thought we had answered your question pretty accurately. When I had the bike through ITV just a couple of weeks back, one of the things they did in exact detail was to check tyre sizes. OK on a bike the front and rear are different sizes but this is logged on the ficha tecnica. Tyres not matching (or "better than") the ficha tecnica should fail the ITV but you may be lucky. Why not keep the olduns for the ITV and put your nice shiny new ones back on the next day.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Why not keep the olduns for the ITV and put your nice shiny new ones back on the next day.
That was plan B, but the problem is one of my alloys is badly dented on the rim and I'm not sure they will pass it on an ITV.

I guess the only way I'm going to find out is by doing it. They gave me a 2 year ITV even though the car is 10 years old, so I guess I dont have to worry about the ITV itself until next spring
Old May 15th 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Default ITV - Tyres

Yep this site is becoming crap due to people using it as a personal drivel/chat room.

Regards to tyres you can change sizes but it has to signed off by an approved engineer,normally around a 150 euro fee,this also goes for fitting tow bars,winches,lift kits etc , so yes you can modify your vehicle but it will cost you...a lot in many cases.

I know of someone who failed due to having winter tyres on in summer!!

Also commercial and some 4x4s over a certain age have to take an ITV every 6 months,

Rgds

Rotor
Old May 15th 2008, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: ITV - Tyres

Originally Posted by Rotor

Also commercial and some 4x4s over a certain age have to take an ITV every 6 months,
I have heard this too. Even if they give you a 2 year sticker, you can find over 10 yrs commercial needs another ITV in 6 months.
Old May 15th 2008, 2:22 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Yep this site is becoming crap due to people using it as a personal drivel/chat room.
Astute evaluation based on your membership period of a month!
Old May 15th 2008, 2:29 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Yep this site is becoming crap due to people using it as a personal drivel/chat room.Rotor

Your observation skills are top notch....on second thoughts no real skill needed to be able to make that observation.

Many people are being driven to other forums to avoid the immature drivel.

Rosemary
Old May 15th 2008, 2:44 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Many people are being driven to other forums to avoid the immature drivel.
You tell 'em Rosemary! If I hadn't been banned from all the others I'd go there too!
Old May 15th 2008, 4:22 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Tyres not matching (or "better than") the ficha tecnica should fail the ITV but you may be lucky.

It depends on what you mean by "better than". If you are referring to the speed/load ratings then it is OK to have better ratings.

My car tyres are rated at 85H on the Ficha Technica but the factory fit tyres are actually 91V. Never had a problem.

Also the front are now Michelins and the rear Firestone - again - no problems (so far).
Old May 15th 2008, 5:34 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Fred James
It depends on what you mean by "better than". If you are referring to the speed/load ratings then it is OK to have better ratings.

My car tyres are rated at 85H on the Ficha Technica but the factory fit tyres are actually 91V. Never had a problem.

Also the front are now Michelins and the rear Firestone - again - no problems (so far).
No fred, the issue here is the tyre depth. To be honest the low profiles in Spain are a nightmare so a little more depth would mean a better ride and probably a safer ride.

But there again, drilled brake discs, which are more effective and maybe therefore safer, are not allowed on Spanish roads apparantly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.