Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ITV question - Tyres

ITV question - Tyres

Old May 14th 2008, 5:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default ITV question - Tyres

When matriculated my car had 215 x 40 x 17 tyres on it. I have just had an offer of a new set of alloys and 4 new tyres at a bargain price, but they are 215 x 45 x 17 tyres.

I guess I might know the answer to this question, but is it going to cause a problem at the next ITV if I have slightly different sized tyres (slightly higher wall) on it.
Old May 14th 2008, 6:18 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ITV question - Tyres

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
When matriculated my car had 215 x 40 x 17 tyres on it. I have just had an offer of a new set of alloys and 4 new tyres at a bargain price, but they are 215 x 45 x 17 tyres.

I guess I might know the answer to this question, but is it going to cause a problem at the next ITV if I have slightly different sized tyres (slightly higher wall) on it.
Does it mention anything on your ITV cert about wheel/tyre size?

If not it's probably worth a chance, worst case scenario you just put the old wheels back on for the ITV..

Make sure the tyres are "E-Marked" as any itv/mot/etc shouldn't pass a car unless they are, but they do as we all know.
Old May 14th 2008, 6:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
Does it mention anything on your ITV cert about wheel/tyre size?

If not it's probably worth a chance, worst case scenario you just put the old wheels back on for the ITV..

Make sure the tyres are "E-Marked" as any itv/mot/etc shouldn't pass a car unless they are, but they do as we all know.
Yes the ITV doc has the tyre size.
The old alloys are damaged. Thats my first thought, change them over, but I'm wondering if a dent on the rim of the alloy is also enough to fail it
Old May 14th 2008, 7:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The tyres have to be the same size, exactly, as on the Ficha Technica. The speed and load ratings must be the same or better and you cannot mix the make of tyre on the same axle.
Old May 14th 2008, 9:08 pm
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes the ITV doc has the tyre size.
The old alloys are damaged. Thats my first thought, change them over, but I'm wondering if a dent on the rim of the alloy is also enough to fail it
Depends what you mean by Dent I suppose, you could always have the alloy fixed if it isn't that bad.
Old May 15th 2008, 7:19 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems to depend on the tester and his mood at the time. Officially all tyres on the vehicle must be same make, same type, same tread and their size and rating must exactly conform to the ficha tecnica. In reality, some people get caught out and some get away with it. Officially any technical amendment to a vehicle, even fitting a towbar, needs a modified ficha tecnica. I heard of a fellow biker who fitted twin headlights to his bike instead of the original single one and he failed his ITV.
Old May 15th 2008, 7:20 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
It seems to depend on the tester and his mood at the time. Officially all tyres on the vehicle must be same make, same type, same tread and their size and rating must exactly conform to the ficha tecnica. In reality, some people get caught out and some get away with it. Officially any technical amendment to a vehicle, even fitting a towbar, needs a modified ficha tecnica. I heard of a fellow biker who fitted twin headlights to his bike instead of the original single one and he failed his ITV.
do what Xtreme does, don't bother with an ITV.
Old May 15th 2008, 7:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
do what Xtreme does, don't bother with an ITV.
After running for four years on (more or less legal) UK plate, I decided it was time to get an ITV instead. Over here you only need an ITV every 2 years whilst in the UK I would need one every year. Simple economics really.
Old May 15th 2008, 7:37 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

After running for four years on (more or less legal) UK plate, I decided it was time to get an ITV instead. Over here you only need an ITV every 2 years whilst in the UK I would need one every year. Simple economics really.
That depends on the age of your car.......ours needs an itv every year!
Old May 15th 2008, 7:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Surely Bridget earns enough to buy you a new car!
Old May 15th 2008, 7:40 am

Surely Bridget earns enough to buy you a new car!
Hey Lily, I like my little clapped out banger!
Old May 15th 2008, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Quite true.
I was referring to my 4 yr old motorbike.
There are lots of traps such as ex-taxis, old vans etc which need ITVs at different times and frequencies. However, a pass or fail does seem to be partly down to the tester at the time.
Old May 15th 2008, 7:41 am

Quite true.
I was referring to my 4 yr old motorbike.
There are lots of traps such as ex-taxis, old vans etc which need ITVs at different times and frequencies. However, a pass or fail does seem to be partly down to the tester at the time.
Or who you get to take it for the itv!
Old May 15th 2008, 7:41 am
Straw Man.

Hey Lily, I like my little clapped out banger!
Bridget wont like to be referred to like that!
Old May 15th 2008, 7:43 am

Bridget wont like to be referred to like that!
Wait while Lara see`s you referring to her as "the dog was jumping all over me at the time" on the weather thread earlier on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.