Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Iptv recommendations

Iptv recommendations

Old Apr 10th 2021, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iptv recommendations

Originally Posted by tebo53
Hi,
I have been subscribed to TVMucho for a couple of years and I am quite happy with the service and quality. I pay €48 per annum for 36 uk tv channels and a 7 day recording facility. I can increase the number of channels to 60 at additional cost.

https://tvmucho.com/

Steve
Also been using tvmucho for a couple of years. Whilst their streams are pretty stable i find that their app is crap. The programs shown on the 'television' tab, supposedly 'on now' is always several hours behind. The epg is unreadable in tv mode and inusable in tablet mode. I use a different app for tv guideThey removed all the 7 day catchup last year and you will have to pay extra for the recording service later this year.

On the plus side they ate cheap. But i will probably be switching to another service when my current subscription expires.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Never had it personally but I thought Sky GO was pretty much dead in Spain since Brexit?

Sky is eminently usable though, I have a 1.8m dish feeding a Technisat Freesat receiver/recorder which works extremely well and only loses a few of the weaker transponders in heavy rain. I bought both second hand for €50 and installed/aligned the dish myself.

I also have IPTV provided by DVBLabs which has 28 day catchup and over nearly 3 years it's been virtually 100% reliable. True the VOD selection is not as comprehensive as some but I'm more than happy to trade that off for the catchup. €150/pa if paid for the year. Normally I'd advise against paying in advance as providers can disappear in the blink of an eye taking your money with them but after 2 years of their €15/month subscription I felt confident enough to take advantage of the discount offered for an annual sub and have not regretted it in the slightest.

Them having their office 20 minutes down the road from me helped in that decision, somewhere to make a fuss and bang a table if it did become necessary!

Using SmartDNSProxy I can also access iPlayer plus ITV HUb, All4, My5, etc. and lots of other content such as that from UKTV Play, History Documentary, Criminal Documentaries, and more, spoilt for choice doesn't scratch the surface!
Old Apr 10th 2021, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Sky Go still works with a VPN in Spain. If you are mainly after the Premier League then you might find a DAZN subscription costs less than a decent VPN anyway.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 9:33 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I use SkyGo for some sport, specifically F1. You don’t need a VPN, a smart DNS is simpler to use.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Choices and solutions become both more plentiful and easier when, like me, you have absolutely ZERO interest in sport of ANY kind!
Old Apr 12th 2021, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Kerwin6265 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in UK and use IPTVnow which is a fantastic service for less than £100 a year i know there are people on the IPTVnow forum in France and Spain use it on MAG boxes but can only be used in one location cant be moved from property to property. all sports, movies, catch up, tv series, cant fault it
Old Apr 12th 2021, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
Choices and solutions become both more plentiful and easier when, like me, you have absolutely ZERO interest in sport of ANY kind!
And easier still for those of us who don't watch TV.

But we do have Nord VPN for the computers (the wife however likes UK TV). And She watches BBC etc on her laptop. Works well enough for her, its fast no buffering as its connected via cable to the router.
I don't even bother to login to Nord on the mac, as all I do is watch the camera pointing at the House martin nest on the balcony, my Art Tutorials and try to learn this Spanish Language stuff.

Old Apr 16th 2021, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
Hi,
I have been subscribed to TVMucho for a couple of years and I am quite happy with the service and quality. I pay €48 per annum for 36 uk tv channels and a 7 day recording facility. I can increase the number of channels to 60 at additional cost.

https://tvmucho.com/

Steve
Originally Posted by bob_day
Also been using tvmucho for a couple of years. Whilst their streams are pretty stable i find that their app is crap. The programs shown on the 'television' tab, supposedly 'on now' is always several hours behind. The epg is unreadable in tv mode and inusable in tablet mode. I use a different app for tv guideThey removed all the 7 day catchup last year and you will have to pay extra for the recording service later this year.

On the plus side they ate cheap. But i will probably be switching to another service when my current subscription expires.
On these two recommendations, and having used the app for the free time to try it out, i decided to go for it. Its for my parents house, and it is really easy - the app is easy to use, its a "plug n play" affair, the channels are on the main screen so no trying to find them like other free apps with toooooo many channels (livenettv, swiftstreamz etc)

I like it. I´ve done the 1 month / €8 at the moment, but i´ll do the yearly if he likes the app and he finds it easy.

Old Apr 1st 2022, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nearly a year late to the party and an incomprehensible comment to boot.

Nice first post!