Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Iptv recommendations

Iptv recommendations

Old Apr 8th 2021, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Iptv recommendations

Hi
Since the demise of sky tv in southern Spain, I like everyone else have subscribed to the murky world of iptv.......I have a pretty good supplier but I’m looking for the best one with catch up tv, movies etc

who do you use and would you recommend them?

I take my mag box back and forth and enjoy the service in both places .

regards
Al
Old Apr 8th 2021, 9:03 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iptv recommendations

Hola,

I use an IPTV box running Kodi and simply put a free build on it called Slamious. It gives me free access to videos, films and catch-up a lot of which is american.

I use Redbox tv and TV Tap Pro for live BBC1 etc

Davexf
Old Apr 8th 2021, 9:16 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Is 'IPTV' on VHF or UHF?

I can send my mum up on the roof to make sure the aerial is pointing in the right direction.

Last week she fixed some tiles that were loose.

Last edited by agree_to_disagree; Apr 8th 2021 at 9:19 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 9:27 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

In Southern Spain, the best source of the main UK channels is a satellite receiver set up to receive all the UK channels , BBC, ITC, C4 and C5 plus UK radio from the Intelsat i907 satellite which can be received with a specially set up receiver and small (80 cm) dish with no charges apart from the box and dish, typically €300 or less. The picture quality is the same or better than you get from normal UK Freesat transmissions. It is far and away better than the streaming services which rarely achieve normal HD quality.

As for the pay channels such as Sky, there is no legal alternative but many cheap streaming boxes are still available. SkyGo using a friend/relatives UK subscription gives most of the Sky channels at no charge.

Most of the readily available illegal streaming boxes require a monthly charge of €25 or more, which is a rip off as you can access these servers at a much lower price direct from many sites on the Internet. I stress that all these sources which include pay channels are illegal and suppliers are being closed down all the time, with the suppliers facing criminal charges and in some countries, even the users can face criminal charges.

Last edited by Fred James; Apr 8th 2021 at 9:31 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 9:42 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Europe KuBand Service Footprint Map

Seems to give good coverage to all of Spain.

Must be the KU band not the C band beam?
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

That satellite (907) was replaced by Intelsat 901 in April 2020 but the coverage is more or less the same.
Yes it is the KU band footprint that you need to be looking at.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 10:35 pm
Banned

Thanks, that is useful information to file away...

By the way you can get most of the British stations on here....

Watch Channel 5 Live TV from United Kingdom - Online TV channel

Old Apr 9th 2021, 6:58 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that the Astra 2 European beam, that carries the majority of Sky package channels is still easily available in all of Spain on "smallish" dishes. So to say "the demise of sky tv in southern Spain" is not exactly correct.

It is just those channels on the UK beam, BBC ITV C4 Fives, Discoverys, UKTV, BT Sports (all of which are actually nothing to do with Sky!), that is harder to receive, especially in southern Spain, without a very very very large dish.

Quite a few IPTV services I have seen dont offer any catch up at all. One describing themselves as the best (dont they all!) only has 7 days. I have seen one offering 28 days catch up for the majority of channels. And some are blocked from being used in the UK. And of course, it may not be wise for people to post links or names of providers of such services on an place where everyone can see...but then it did take them a few years before they closed down Mobdro...
Old Apr 9th 2021, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I have been subscribed to TVMucho for a couple of years and I am quite happy with the service and quality. I pay €48 per annum for 36 uk tv channels and a 7 day recording facility. I can increase the number of channels to 60 at additional cost.

https://tvmucho.com/

Steve

Last edited by tebo53; Apr 9th 2021 at 8:01 am.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Part of my Internet package is a free vpn. So mainly I use a NowTv box which allows us to watch all the main UK TV channels free of charge and good picture quality. You do need a VPN to use the NowTv box.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

HBO Spain has a great selection on English language shows. As for catchup we've started using iPlayer, ITVPlayer and All4 again since we've watched everything worth watching on NetFlix and Amazon. For movies we use the pay per view options on Apple, Amazon and Google or just go to the cinema, look out for VOSE in the listings. VOSE is really popular with the deaf community so to avoid the crowds don't go on the first day of a new movie.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Wow thank you I didn’t realise there were so many options.

regarding my “demise of sky in Spain” comment I was under the impression that when the Astra satellite came to the end of its life, the foot print for the new one was more aimed at the uk and for me to receive the signal I needed jodrel bank on my roof, I think it was around 2013 and loads of people gave up on Sky in my area (Fuengirola). I since heard that some are hooked up to a reserve satellite but it is illegal and the passwords keep changing, but I’m no expert.

if it was possible to have Sky again with the q system it would be an interesting proposition!

regards
al
Old Apr 9th 2021, 3:59 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre
Wow thank you I didn’t realise there were so many options.

regarding my “demise of sky in Spain” comment I was under the impression that when the Astra satellite came to the end of its life, the foot print for the new one was more aimed at the uk and for me to receive the signal I needed jodrel bank on my roof, I think it was around 2013 and loads of people gave up on Sky in my area (Fuengirola). I since heard that some are hooked up to a reserve satellite but it is illegal and the passwords keep changing, but I’m no expert.

if it was possible to have Sky again with the q system it would be an interesting proposition!

regards
al

The UK TV satellites (there are currently three, not one, Astra 2e, 2f and 2g - the old ones weer 2a, 2b, 2d and EB1) have two beams.

One UK beam, carrying the likes of BBC, ITV C4 Five, Discovery, and UKTV (of which these channels are nothing to do with Sky at all), and is the beam that was generous to your area on the old satellites, but on the current satellites is not so generous, and needs very large dishes to receive in your area (in my area we BENEFITED from the new satellites, moving from 1.8 and 2.4m dishes, to 110 and 125cm dishes!). The signals are still there, you just need the right size dish to get it. And it is the size of dish required that people thought was too much, and just went with the "signals not here", and so moved to other means of reception for these channels like iptv, streaming, and "the intelsat" system (the "reserve satellite" you mentioned, which is in fact supplys as a back up feed for the Freeview transmitters in the UK, and are not for public use, and so you need to hack (yes illegally)into using certain codes, which have not changed for a few years now).

The European beam, carrying the majority of Sky pay channels, is still available on a small dish sized dish, just like they were on the previous satellites, so little has changed with that. But then if people are using other means for their TV and some channels, they may as well use that for other channels also, and at a fraction of the cost of an official subscription, so why continue with Sky pay channels via satellite in that area even though it IS still available.

So yes, ONE footprint (the UK beam) is more aimed at the uk (well actually the footprint has remain almost the same, but the signals withing that footprint have been tightened up), and the other European footprint is pretty much the same as was.

Some people use the term "sky" for all general UK satellite TV, when in fact most of the channels on there are nothing to do with Sky. So to generalise "sky is no more here", can be misleading.

Yes SkyQ will work in Spain, but a lot depends where you are, what channels you want - and the fact that the LNBs used for Sky are not designed for large prime focus dishes, poor performers compared to normal LNBs. But you still will not get the likes of live BBC and ITV on a SkyQ without a huge dish anyway. But perhaps using a VPN you can watch then on iPlayer etc as part of SkyQ.... if you do not want to watch them live...

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 9th 2021 at 4:06 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

maverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond reputemaverik has a reputation beyond repute

Satellite TV is about to disappear. The amount of data with the latest TV signals(4D and 8D) is just to much to receive on a dish. The future will be all on Fibre cable. There is no way around. Use a VPN tool and yo can watch everything online .
Old Apr 10th 2021, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by maverik
Satellite TV is about to disappear. The amount of data with the latest TV signals(4D and 8D) is just to much to receive on a dish. The future will be all on Fibre cable. There is no way around. Use a VPN tool and yo can watch everything online .
If "Satellite TV is about to disappear" then why have pretty much all the uk broadcasters signed new deals with SES Astra for the next 7 years?
And satellite is perfectly capable of distributing 4k and 8k signals. Plently of capacity still on the uk tv satellite for such use. And it will be a long time yet before everything is 4k and 8k needing such huge capacity, . given a lot of channels are still stuck in SD, and only now the likes of ITV are getting their HD channels sorted out...and that most UK broadcasters have not started any meaningful transmission of 4k or 8k content. True, things will move fast, but i think satellite distribution will be here for a while yet, and the current satellites will be replace with new satellites later in the decade, but i think that that renewal may be the last (or maybe less satellite capacity like only 2 birds and not 3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.