FARO AIRPORT

Old Mar 21st 2022, 3:08 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default FARO AIRPORT

WOW !! The car hire cost at FARO has increased SO much. I looked a couple of weeks ago and should have booked then. CLIO was €245 and today it is €310 for May. This is via ZEST and I have used them (were ECH) for years and usually booked a car with Travel Rent.
Anybody found any more reasonable prices anywhere else please ? Course we have to add to the rental cost the "extras" €15 airport / Transponder/ Cross Border charge.

ON Spain forum rather than PORTUGAL as would have posted on AYAMONTE as many of us fly into Faro then cross the border.
Old Mar 21st 2022, 3:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FARO AIRPORT

Probably a good idea for you to put this in the Portugal forum as well because that will increase the chance of gaining the information that you are looking for.

Rosemary
Old Mar 21st 2022, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

If a "couple of weeks ago" was before russia invaded ukraine then the answer why it has gone up is simple - cost of a full tank of fuel.

Mostly everything is going up in price and now in Spain with everyone striking; there are empty shelves on the supermarket isles.
Old Mar 21st 2022, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
WOW !! The car hire cost at FARO has increased SO much. I looked a couple of weeks ago and should have booked then. CLIO was €245 and today it is €310 for May. This is via ZEST and I have used them (were ECH) for years and usually booked a car with Travel Rent.
Anybody found any more reasonable prices anywhere else please ? Course we have to add to the rental cost the "extras" €15 airport / Transponder/ Cross Border charge.

ON Spain forum rather than PORTUGAL as would have posted on AYAMONTE as many of us fly into Faro then cross the border.
I booked with travel rent (now LCrent) for Easter 2020 and cost was €140 for 10 days, booked for the same time this year and price is €395, I looked at zest and they were using travelrent car but wanting €120 more so try travelrent direct. It’s a big worry going forward as cost of car is going to make it uneconomical for long weekends and short breaks.
Old Mar 21st 2022, 8:41 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark donna
It’s a big worry going forward as cost of car is going to make it uneconomical for long weekends and short breaks.
This is discretionary spending!

For some people the huge inflation price means that they will struggle to put food on the table or heat their homes...

I hear lots of talk in the media of a recession coming towards us like a runaway train....

However, I have also noticed that post Covid, the cost of car hire did take a bit of a hike. I've not hired anything since the recent fuel price increases / unfolding Ukraine situation.

But I am putting a UK based car I have hold up in storage back on the road and I will simply use temp insurance cover when I pop back to the UK for a few days. I can cut out the cost of car hire and then just worry about the cost of the fuel. It is a classic car so I won't be doing much mileage anyway.
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 8:35 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
If a "couple of weeks ago" was before russia invaded ukraine then the answer why it has gone up is simple - cost of a full tank of fuel.

Mostly everything is going up in price and now in Spain with everyone striking; there are empty shelves on the supermarket isles.
The fuel cost is not considered in the car rental. Whatever is in the tank is replaced by the hirer so the actual cost of the car hire is not fully related to that. I wonder if during Covid the fleets were reduced and there are less cars - supply and demand ?

Old Mar 22nd 2022, 8:40 am
MEL & JOHN

I booked with travel rent (now LCrent) for Easter 2020 and cost was €140 for 10 days, booked for the same time this year and price is €395, I looked at zest and they were using travelrent car but wanting €120 more so try travelrent direct. It’s a big worry going forward as cost of car is going to make it uneconomical for long weekends and short breaks.
Very true Mark and, pre covid, the Aug car rental prices were excessive so goodness knows what the cost will be this year. We will be in CE in May and the car rental is vastly more than the flights !
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 1:46 pm
MEL & JOHN

Default ZITAUTO

Hi, anybody used ZITAUTO from FARO.?

Their car hire prices seem more reasonable that our usual supplier (Travel rent via Zest) . Collect from P2

They advise we have to pay ANA the €15 airport fee ourselves - does anybody know how? Do they have an office at Faro? Is it open late evening ?
They do not provide transponders and say the TOLL charges will be sent to our home address plus a €4 admin fee. Know you can pay at the PO in VSRA but cannot do that when we have to consider the toll fees accrued from Ayamonte to Faro to catch the return flight.

Thank you

Mel
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 1:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Same subject as you existing thread so I have merged them.

Rosemary
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Hi
we have booked a cleo size car with Travel Rent (LC) for 10 days the end of May 295 + the add ons directly ,slightly cheaper
This booking was made late last week

Chris

Last edited by chrismortley; Mar 22nd 2022 at 3:32 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 3:39 pm
MEL & JOHN

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi
we have booked a cleo size car with Travel Rent (LC) for 10 days the end of May 295 + the add ons directly ,slightly cheaper
This booking was made late last week

Chris
Thank you Chris
Old Mar 22nd 2022, 3:41 pm
MEL & JOHN

Default Re: ZITAUTO

Their car hire prices seem more reasonable that our usual supplier (Travel rent via Zest) . Collect from P2

They advise we have to pay ANA the €15 airport fee ourselves - does anybody know how? Do they have an office at Faro? Is it open late evening ?
They do not provide transponders and say the TOLL charges will be sent to our home address plus a €4 admin fee. Know you can pay at the PO in VSRA but cannot do that when we have to consider the toll fees accrued from Ayamonte to Faro to catch the return flight.

Thank you

Mel
NOTE €15 is paid cash to Zitauto. €250 for a Clio type car for last 2 weeks in May
Old Mar 23rd 2022, 1:15 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ZITAUTO

Thank you

Mel
Hi Mel
I used to pay tolls at either a PO or any payshop. Both are in Castro Marim, CM, so they quite close. I think you have 5 days to pay. I prefer payshops as usually the wait is less

I always get a transponder these days, but in the past I would offer 🥃🍷🍺 to a friend to nip out to CM with my reg number to pay the return-to-Faro toll. Which I would settle up next visit. Alternatively you can get a prepaid toll card for €5 (or more) at the PO. I think €5 is enough for the return, but not 100% sure.

Toll Card - What is a Toll Card?

ViaMichelin says its €2.85 (below) .. seems low. But still better than the €4 admin charge. When going back, we dont want the hassles of taking the 125 to Faro.... Just to save on the tolls.

Re car rental cost.... Gosh they've gone through the roof!! Ive never paid so much, and I pride myself in getting a good deal.... 😭. We just got back from a holiday in Sardinia and got a car for a week for €78, still pricey vs Faro pre covid. But a lot cheaper than post-covid Faro.!!

Safe travels....

Jon

https://www.viamichelin.co.uk/web/Ro...ewEngine=false

Payshop logo
https://cfi.co/awards/wp-content/upl...04/PayShop.jpg
Old Apr 1st 2022, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mark donna,
Did you have any trouble using the LCrent website. I have a booking through Zest but wanted to see if it would be cheaper going direct but I cannot get the website quote facility to work. I can put in my dates but then I cannot choose a car.
Mary.
Old Apr 1st 2022, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MKABZ
Hi mark donna,
Did you have any trouble using the LCrent website. I have a booking through Zest but wanted to see if it would be cheaper going direct but I cannot get the website quote facility to work. I can put in my dates but then I cannot choose a car.
Mary.
I don’t use the website I just email [email protected] with all the details and they will get back to you within 24 hours, if you agree they send you a PO with all the details of the booking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.