Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Internet Access in Costa Esuri

Internet Access in Costa Esuri

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet Access in Costa Esuri

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Its the dogs bo***cks.
OK Thanks, I'll be parked outside!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dave Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dave,

Thats exactly the set up I have and I am responding on this set up now. You will know from the thread that I have been frustrated by first Telephonica then Vodaphone Spain so Iberabanda was my third and successful try. Been up and running now since November on the offer of €41 inc for 300mins to UK and paid calls to Spain. Provides 1k speed up and down plus 959 phone number so ticks all the boxes. Average cost since Nov about €46 but need to concentrate on keeping calls to time to hit the €41 mark.

What you need is a CABLE router most brands make them but they are usually cheaper in UK than the ADSL equivalent. You will already have the small white box which converts the signal from the dish and the modem with VOIP blue box. You plug the cable wifi router into the blue box and your off.

I had a BELKIN cable router in MK and liked it so I had a look at their range and went for the top model Double n+ wireless router Model F6D6230-4 v1 This has proved brilliant with all the re-inforced concrete in my house it covers all three stories and has a good radius of about 75m. Not cheap when I bought it at Christmas but there are cheaper ones about check the internet for a Cable router and you will find dozens in all price ranges from about £20 up to a couple of hundred.

Amazon has a big selection. I got mine from Broadband Buyer in MK as I did the last 2. Check mine out you can sit outside the gate and pick it up but you won't log on without the Key. All our visitors with the fancy mobiles pick it up all over the plot and when I give them the key they are away on the 3x2 screens.
Excellent, thanks for the info. I will get one when I go back to UK.

Regards

Dave
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:52 am
Just Joined

SteveAndVon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dave Smith
I have just had the Iberbanda Sat dish fitted for phone and internet access, which is working great. The only problem I have is it is fitted into the bedroom so I was looking to get wireless router for it, but having problems getting one , which works. Has anyone got Iberbanda Sat dish fitted and been able to connect a wireless router to it, if so could you please let me know what make and spec router you have.

Regards Dave
Hi Dave

We moved here nearly 4 weeks ago and have just had iberbanda put in today. We bought a wireless router from the Internet cafe in town and so far so good! The signal is strong, we're in a second floor apartment and can still pick up the signal when we're downstairs outside. It cost 35 euros

Von
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

-cordoba- is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there any WiFi hot spots in C. Esuri? If not, does anyone know of an i-net cafe in Ayamonte o Vila Real?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

SteveAndVon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -cordoba-
Are there any WiFi hot spots in C. Esuri? If not, does anyone know of an i-net cafe in Ayamonte o Vila Real?
Hi

You can get wifi at the golf club and there is an Internet cafe in Ayamonte town opposite the Marina.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

You can also get WIFI at Jags and the shop I believe
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Internet Access in Costa Esuri

We are over endowed with free wifi around and on CE.

On CE The Shop has free wifi, JAGS Sports bar has free wifi, The CE golf Club has free wifi. You of course want to buy a drink to get the pass code but after that its only polite isn't it.

Down Town there is free wifi everywhere but of note are Marco's bar in Plaza Laguna and lotita in La Lota plaza.

Isla Canela Marina has Cindy's Bar and the bar next door.

Isla Canela Beach San Remo Pizza parlor.

The real find is all the free internet cafe's in the East Algarve VRSto A Castro Marim Monte Gordo and the nearest is the Campsino Sports club in Monte Francisco where you can also print off your boarding pass.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
You can also get WIFI at Jags and the shop I believe
Yes wifi available at all 3 - the shop may have a break in service when there is a phone call.... VRSA has free interent in town and there are other places too that have free internet eg around the roundabout and towards the beach at Altura.

Searching through the earlier posts you will see that I am delighted with the TMN dongle we use and have internet/email and skype at he appartment.

Jon
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

-cordoba- is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 6:42 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all.
Just came back from Tavira - Vodaphone Portugal are now doing a dongle 9.90 per month unlimited time/usage.

This becomes very interesting vs the dongle I recommended and payments as you go. Hopefully TMN will follow suit and then even vodaphone Spain.....

I dont know if we get a good Vodaphone Portugal signal here - but this is looking good.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Just came back from Tavira - Vodaphone Portugal are now doing a dongle 9.90 per month unlimited time/usage.

This becomes very interesting vs the dongle I recommended and payments as you go. Hopefully TMN will follow suit and then even vodaphone Spain.....

I dont know if we get a good Vodaphone Portugal signal here - but this is looking good.
I reported earlier on this thread that I have a Vodafone PT dongle and the signal is very good. If you look west you can see a line of masts on the ridge stretching from the motorway to Castro Marim golf course they provide a good signal for their networks.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 7:53 am
BE Positive

I reported earlier on this thread that I have a Vodafone PT dongle and the signal is very good. If you look west you can see a line of masts on the ridge stretching from the motorway to Castro Marim golf course they provide a good signal for their networks.
Thats great! Im now hoping that the competition i.e TMN (portugal - my service) get in on the act and that I can use my existing dongle.

If Vodaphone Spain follow suit and I travelled more in Spain/Portugal I would buy the vodaphone one - keep the TMN going - and that way I could travel in each country and have good access.

As it happens I just need it here in CE.. so will wait and see.

Just by chance I did a calculation on my usage - as wespend quite a lot of time here the monthly subscription would be very interesting and to have it 24 / 24 without switching off and on would be great.. Although the switching is just a click and no big deal.

As Ive mentioned before we have the best internet system cost/quality that Ive seen in Europe for this kind of usage.

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Sep 20th 2011 at 8:07 am.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dave Smith
I know this has been covered before, but I can't find thew relevant thread. Can anyone give advice on the best way to get internet access at Costa Esuri, I belive there are 2 options, one using a mobile phone, but I would prefer the sat dish option I know a few residents have. Could anyone provide contact details.
I came across this whilst trying to decide the best way to have internet for longer stays. www.europa-network.com they have a 3g package called in-betweeners for those who are not in Spain all the time. The fact that it is mobile means that if you go touring in Spain it can go with you.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This resolution was passed by Ayamonte Council last week so things could be improving for internet on Costa Esury:-

"Initiate the necessary steps, simultaneously to the competent authorities (Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade and Ministry of Economy and Science Inovation Board Andalucia)
and to the company Movistar (formerly Telefonica) as the dominant operator for the provision of fixed telephony services and Internet on "Costa Esury" providing facilities and technical resources."