Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Immigration into Spain, attempt no 2

Immigration into Spain, attempt no 2

Old Apr 20th 2010, 5:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration into Spain, attempt no 2

Originally Posted by cissy
as some one who is a yank living in spain I guess I can put two cents in ,
its a wonderful place to live and yes its a big pain to get though all the paper work .
but I love where I live
What part of Spain is "midleton Ireland" ?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:27 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
What part of Spain is "midleton Ireland" ?
Sounds a bit Irish to me.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:30 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems to me that this thread has outlived its natural life-span, everyone has expressed their obvious views on the subject itself and now it seems tha6t we are only picking at other people's punctuation-errors.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 7:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
It seems to me that this thread has outlived its natural life-span, everyone has expressed their obvious views on the subject itself and now it seems tha6t we are only picking at other people's punctuation-errors.

Are you reading the same thread as me ?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 7:50 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THR
Have you formed an opinion about the influence of immigrants (other than British) in Spain? A nd has your curiousity been satisfied? (I´m being curious)

Last edited by Jur; Apr 20th 2010 at 7:53 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

savateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nice

I think the whole thing was a wind up from the start. There's no way this can be a serious question !
Old Apr 20th 2010, 8:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by savateur
I think the whole thing was a wind up from the start. There's no way this can be a serious question !
You may be right and maybe you are not.

It does seem to have degenerated again - shame as it could have been a good thread.

Any further on topic posts will be gratefully received - otherwise they will be deleted and ultimately the thread will be closed.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 9:46 pm
THR
Account Closed

No, it was not a wind up but I realised through the hard way that perhaps talking about immigration into Spain on a forum of immigrants in Spain was not a sensible thing to do in the first place.

The thing is that I am very interested in the affairs of the EU and the eastward-expansion has led to this very rapid movement of people across the continent and countries such as Spain, Britain and Ireland have been atr the forefront of this development. That's why I'm very interested in receiving the views of people living in those other two countries.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 9:52 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THR
No, it was not a wind up but I realised through the hard way that perhaps talking about immigration into Spain on a forum of immigrants in Spain was not a sensible thing to do in the first place.

The thing is that I am very interested in the affairs of the EU and the eastward-expansion has led to this very rapid movement of people across the continent and countries such as Spain, Britain and Ireland have been atr the forefront of this development. That's why I'm very interested in receiving the views of people living in those other two countries.
When, in your opinion, did this rapid movement of people start?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:06 pm
THR
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jur
Immediately after the first eastward-expansion in 2004 with the Polish, the Lithuanians, the Latvians etc and the second wave started after 2007 when Romania and Bulgaria were allowed, for reasons unknown for sound mind, to join the EU.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:19 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
Immediately after the first eastward-expansion in 2004 with the Polish, the Lithuanians, the Latvians etc and the second wave started after 2007 when Romania and Bulgaria were allowed, for reasons unknown for sound mind, to join the EU.
And what effect has this had n your opinion?
Old Apr 21st 2010, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Immigration into Spain, attempt no 2

Originally Posted by Jur
I945, 1890 or earlier depends which progrom you choose I suppose Gengis Khan wins this one.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
What have you got against Eastern Europeans? You sound horribly bigotted, maybe that is why you've received such a bad response.

I'd prefer all borders to be open, to sort the chaff from the wheat
Old Apr 21st 2010, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

savateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nice

THR, without meaning to be controversial, are you British ? The reason I ask, is that you write like a Frenchman, or Spaniard, with a high standard of English.

Have you asked the same question on other immigrant forums, relating to the French, German's etc ?

What information have you collatted thus far ? Have you formed any opinions as of yet ? If you have I'd be interested to hear them.

As has been asked before, why is it only East Europeans you are interested in ?

I have to ask, as the question strikes me as a very strange one to ask. Surely you would be better of asking Spaniards for their opinions on this subject ?