Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

That Pesky Volcano....flights affected or not?

That Pesky Volcano....flights affected or not?

Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default That Pesky Volcano....flights affected or not?

Laptop down due to virus, hope I'm not duplicating other such queries, but my dd is here during her uni hol & panicking because an assignment due in next mon may not make it if she can't get out of Malaga (to Stansted) Thurs as expected. Anyone any idea how we're supposed to check if phone lines are constantly busy & websites pretty hit & miss? Go to AGP to ask is a possibility but anyone any better guesses?
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:14 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That Pesky Volcano....flights affected or not?

Its really shit isnt it!!! My husband looks at the airlines website and I'm not sure why or how, but they text him if the flight is to be cancelled - which they've done twice so far....... and counting!!! He has two flights booked now, one for tomorrow morning with aer lingus and one with monarch wednesday morning - so ?????

Jo xxx
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:16 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Laptop down due to virus, hope I'm not duplicating other such queries, but my dd is here during her uni hol & panicking because an assignment due in next mon may not make it if she can't get out of Malaga (to Stansted) Thurs as expected. Anyone any idea how we're supposed to check if phone lines are constantly busy & websites pretty hit & miss? Go to AGP to ask is a possibility but anyone any better guesses?
FCO are offering help
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: That Pesky Volcano....flights affected or not?

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Its really shit isnt it!!! My husband looks at the airlines website and I'm not sure why or how, but they text him if the flight is to be cancelled - which they've done twice so far....... and counting!!! He has two flights booked now, one for tomorrow morning with aerl lingus and one with monarch wednesday morning - so ?????

Jo xxx
If its Easyjet thats a service you can sign up to when booking the flight I have never felt the need in the past since they charge your mobile for the service but I can sure as hell see the use now!! We fly with them on the 27th and I think I might just log on and have ten pennyworth.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: That Pesky Volcano....flights affected or not?

You would be wise to get along to the airport and re-book asap after the flight is officially cancelled. Our Niece in Tenerife on holiday was due back last Saturday. As soon as they knew the flight was off they rang Monarch (45 min on hold long distance) to re-book and the first flight they could get was next Sunday.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:26 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
If its Easyjet thats a service you can sign up to when booking the flight I have never felt the need in the past since they charge your mobile for the service but I can sure as hell see the use now!! We fly with them on the 27th and I think I might just log on and have ten pennyworth.
Cos my OH is a frequent flyer, commuting to the UK to work and back every week he gets "special" concessions with the three airlines he generally uses (Aer Lingus, Monarch and Easyjet) - well, it makes him feel important lol - no bloody good at the moment tho, he's been stuck there since Saturday and is due to go back to the UK on Wednesday! So will probably meet himself on the way!

Jo xxx
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

.. dd is here during her uni hol & panicking because an assignment due in next mon may not make it if she can't get out of Malaga (to Stansted)
But getting her back to the UK isn't the real problem. Getting her assignment handed in on time is the goal. I would suggest phoning the teacher in question and discussing the situation. I would expect they would either allow an extension due to the circumstances or would accept an emailed submission. As a last resort your daughter could even have it couriered to the UK.
Fed-Ex have a "letter" service for documents. While they may not be able to offer next day delivery at present, they'd be worth a call.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
But getting her back to the UK isn't the real problem. Getting her assignment handed in on time is the goal. I would suggest phoning the teacher in question and discussing the situation. I would expect they would either allow an extension due to the circumstances or would accept an emailed submission. As a last resort your daughter could even have it couriered to the UK.
Fed-Ex have a "letter" service for documents. While they may not be able to offer next day delivery at present, they'd be worth a call.
Already sorted. They can accept by email and arrange a 'mitigation' for the hard copy hand-in.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:32 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Brown was electioneering yesterday on the strength of all the help that he's made available to get ppl.back from Spain.
Today thousands are still stuck in Madrid airport with not a single available bus to be seen and not a single person available to advise them.
In Santander army personel are left to explain why there is no help or advice for all those not able to get on the ferry or RN ship.
So much for Browns promises,....he couldn't organise a p*** up at a brewery.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Tolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura about

Sky news say that all British airports can open from 10pm tonight with all the long haul BA flights on route to Heathrow being allowed to land
Old Apr 20th 2010, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

expat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the roughexpat2be is a jewel in the rough

All UK airports now open but I for one am very glad I do not need to get a flight for the next few weeks, it's going to take a long time to get everything back to normal.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 6:05 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat2be
All UK airports now open but I for one am very glad I do not need to get a flight for the next few weeks, it's going to take a long time to get everything back to normal.
Safe as houses, this turned out a bit like the bird flue.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 6:44 am
squeaky clean

My husband is on his way from Gatwick to Málaga as I type!!! YAY!!!

Jo xxx
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:45 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If you’re footloose and fancy free, wouldn’t it be amazing to finish your holiday by climbing aboard the Ark Royal? I would gladly pay double for that and already have that Rod Stewart song in my head.

Otherwise, I know of a close friend who is celebrating because her husband who has gone to the UK to collect the grandchildren can’t get home for at least another week.

Every cloud has got a silver lining.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 8:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
If you’re footloose and fancy free, wouldn’t it be amazing to finish your holiday by climbing aboard the Ark Royal? I would gladly pay double for that and already have that Rod Stewart song in my head.

Otherwise, I know of a close friend who is celebrating because her husband who has gone to the UK to collect the grandchildren can’t get home for at least another week.

Every cloud has got a silver lining.
oh nooooooooooo

it'll be in mine all day now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.