Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Immigration into Spain

Immigration into Spain

Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:47 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration into Spain

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
When I worked in Madrid I met many hard-working industrious and friendly people from Eastern Europe. The Roumanians especially seemed to fit in well and learnt Spanish very quickly. However it has to be said that those at the bottom of the pile sometimes resort to petty theft, pick-pocketing etc., and nowadays this includes a small section of Roumanians, which is how they've got a certain reputation. I don't think calling someone a "coward" because they've made a judgement based on reported crimes (however ill-informed) is going to advance a civilised discussion here.
Thanks,
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
... I don't think calling someone a "coward" because they've made a judgement based on reported crimes (however ill-informed) is going to advance a civilised discussion here.
Possibly not.

But, what about 'the bottom of the pile' UK immigrants here in Spain?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:48 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer
References to what you claim.

Easy to write crap here, but if you can't back it up with references, or quotes it's just you being a worthless coward.

You claim to be speaking from a 'Spanish point of view'. Are you actually Spanish?

Yes
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

If one single thing pisses me off more than any other here (in Spain)...

It is immigrants moaning about immigrants!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JLFS
[/COLOR]

Yes
Well, **** off from the ex-pats forum then
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:00 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point

If one single thing pisses me off more than any other here (in Spain)...

It is immigrants moaning about immigrants!
Even though it may seem like an oxymoron that immigrants complain about immigrants but you must realise that the British have lived on and off in Spain having their second homes there for umpteen years and most of them pay their way, be it education for their children or health for themselves.

Therefore, it is perfectly justifiable to be incensed at the current inflow of freeloaders from Eastern-Europe.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by THR
Therefore, it is perfectly justifiable to be incensed at the current inflow of freeloaders from Eastern-Europe.
What freeloaders? What are they freeloading from?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:03 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
Now you are belittling me. It has been reported all over the news that especially in Madrid and Barcelona people are really fed up with too many immigrants from Eastern-Europe.

Southern-Spain has more of the problem with Northern-African illegals, though.
Originally Posted by THR
So, people in Madrid and Barcelona are just pampered fools who don't know what is good for them when the Roma-people thieve and rob all around the place.

I don't think that it is only the UK-media which reports of the detrimental effects of the Roma-people going around Europe.
errmmmmm...........I live in Madrid and my OH is from Madrid and neother of us have seen things to the extent that you're making them out to be!

There are an estimated 5 Million UK immigrants living in Southern Spain. Many are living there illegally.

I hate to say it, but in my experience it's the UK immigrants I have to look out for.

Not just blatant thieves, but they will sell anything if the 'profit' is there for them.

Most Eastern European people I meet here are as honest as erm... honest people.

It's your problem - no-one elses. If you don't like Spain as it is then **** off elsewhere with your problems.
Bollocks.

Rightly, or wrongly, you are making assumptions based on crap.

What are you scared of? Why are you such a coward?
References to what you claim.

Easy to write crap here, but if you can't back it up with references, or quotes it's just you being a worthless coward.

You claim to be speaking from a 'Spanish point of view'. Are you actually Spanish?
That time of the month TheLostPhotographer?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:06 pm
THR
Account Closed

What freeloaders? What are they freeloading from?
Romania and Bulgaria were accepted as EU-members three years ago. What on earth was behind that decision to allow those two very undeveloped countries into the EU?

However, the moment the two countries became members, thousands of people fled their country to come into Western-Europe.

Absolutely insane, if I may say so.

Last edited by THR; Apr 17th 2010 at 8:08 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:09 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

We the Brits, are indeed immigrants in Spain... as they are in the UK.
Thats the definition.
Just like in Bradford, we create our UK gettos in Spain.... that's how it is
Everyone is looking for a better or different lifestyle.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Madridboy
errmmmmm...........I live in Madrid and my OH is from Madrid and neother of us have seen things to the extent that you're making them out to be!

That time of the month TheLostPhotographer?
So, show me all these 'freeloaders' from Eastern Europe.

I've spent the last 2 weeks in the company of well respected, worldwide published, Eastern European writers.

I met some guy (A UK ex-pat) in Burgos living on UK benefits. He moaned about the Romanian immigrants begging. Perhaps he didn't consider the fact that Romaniins don't get the same benifits he does?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by THR
Romania and Bulgaria were accepted as EU-members three years ago. What on earth was behind that decision to allow those two very undeveloped countries into the EU?

However, the moment the two countries became members, thousands of people fled their country to come into Western-Europe.

Absolutely insane, if I may say so.
You absolute cowardly ****.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Explain to me why Romanian/Bulgarian people are any different to you.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:14 pm
THR
Account Closed

You absolute cowardly ****.
Do you have something objective or worthwhile to add into the conversation?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:15 pm
Banned

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.