Reload this Page >

Immigration into Spain

Immigration into Spain

Old Apr 17th 2010, 5:41 pm
THR
Account Closed

THR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration into Spain

The thing is that in the year 1998 the foreign-population in Spain was something like 4% of the total population. Today it is something like 13%.

That is a very sharp increase and is largely due to the fact Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU. In Madrid and Barcelona, the authorities and the locals are up to their ears and eyes with the Romanian beggars.

What is the situation in your localities? Of course, Spain has the extra problem of Northern-African illegal immigrants trying to cross the strait into Spain.

Do you think there will ever be a point when the patience of the ordinary Spaniards will end?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 6:03 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration into Spain

Originally Posted by THR
The thing is that in the year 1998 the foreign-population in Spain was something like 4% of the total population. Today it is something like 13%.

That is a very sharp increase and is largely due to the fact Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU. In Madrid and Barcelona, the authorities and the locals are up to their ears and eyes with the Romanian beggars.

What is the situation in your localities? Of course, Spain has the extra problem of Northern-African illegal immigrants trying to cross the strait into Spain.

Do you think there will ever be a point when the patience of the ordinary Spaniards will end?
You've missed out the effect of South Americans eg Ecuador and Colombia

Secondly not all immigrants are beggars, in fact a very small proportion are.

I'm not totally convinced it's a good thing (for one thing it drives down wages at the bottom of the scale), but I think scare-mongering like this does no one any favours. Remember many migrants bring a lot to their new host country, whether it be street cleaners, nurses, doctors, or entrepreneurs like this chappyMartin Varsavsky
Old Apr 17th 2010, 6:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR

You`ve been reading too many papers in the UK, pop over and have a look yourself..
Old Apr 17th 2010, 6:50 pm
THR
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jdr
You`ve been reading too many papers in the UK, pop over and have a look yourself..
Now you are belittling me. It has been reported all over the news that especially in Madrid and Barcelona people are really fed up with too many immigrants from Eastern-Europe.

Southern-Spain has more of the problem with Northern-African illegals, though.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 6:57 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
Now you are belittling me. It has been reported all over the news that especially in Madrid and Barcelona people are really fed up with too many immigrants from Eastern-Europe.

Southern-Spain has more of the problem with Northern-African illegals, though.
If I believed everything I saw reported in the UK news I'd probably never go back.
However when I go back I see a totally different picture to that painted by the depressing media.
I think the same applies in reverse,...best believe only what you see with your own eyes.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:16 pm
THR
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
If I believed everything I saw reported in the UK news I'd probably never go back.
However when I go back I see a totally different picture to that painted by the depressing media.
I think the same applies in reverse,...best believe only what you see with your own eyes.
So, people in Madrid and Barcelona are just pampered fools who don't know what is good for them when the Roma-people thieve and rob all around the place.

I don't think that it is only the UK-media which reports of the detrimental effects of the Roma-people going around Europe.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

There are an estimated 5 Million UK immigrants living in Southern Spain. Many are living there illegally.

I hate to say it, but in my experience it's the UK immigrants I have to look out for.

Not just blatant thieves, but they will sell anything if the 'profit' is there for them.

Most Eastern European people I meet here are as honest as erm... honest people.

It's your problem - no-one elses. If you don't like Spain as it is then **** off elsewhere with your problems.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:33 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer
There are an estimated 5 Million UK immigrants living in Southern Spain. Many are living there illegally.

I hate to say it, but in my experience it's the UK immigrants I have to look out for.

Not just blatant thieves, but they will sell anything if the 'profit' is there for them.

Most Eastern European people I meet here are as honest as erm... honest people.

It's your problem - no-one elses. If you don't like Spain as it is then **** off elsewhere with your problems.
Speaking from a Spanish point of view, they "fear" the Eastern Europeans more that the British.

The British immigrants only affect a small region of Spain, usually the costas.

Most British who live in Madrid and Barcelona have well paid jobs.

There are organised gangs of eastern Europeans operating all over Spain

A couple of days ago a Spanish man and his wife were found dead in Novelda, a violent robbery is suspected.

This type of crime, rightly or wrongly is usually associated with Eastern Europeans and not British criminals, by the Spanish.

When they hear of a crime like this that is the conclusion they come to.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Speaking from a Spanish point of view, they "fear" the Eastern Europeans more that the British.

The British immigrants only affect a small region of Spain, usually the costas.

Most British who live in Madrid and Barcelona have well paid jobs.

There are organised gangs of eastern Europeans operating all over Spain

A couple of days ago a Spanish man and his wife were found dead in Novelda, a violent robbery is suspected.

This type of crime, rightly or wrongly is usually associated with Eastern Europeans and not British criminals, by the Spanish.

When they hear of a crime like this that is the conclusion they come to.

Bollocks.

Rightly, or wrongly, you are making assumptions based on crap.

What are you scared of? Why are you such a coward?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK. I didn't ask for references. If you want a good debate, give references.

From everything I have experienced here in Spain, it's the illegal UK immigrants that I am most wary about.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:41 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Bollocks.

I dont understand you post, what are you saying exactly?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

I dont understand you post, what are you saying exactly?
I'm asking for references.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:43 pm
Banned

[References about what?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:45 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Bollocks.

When I worked in Madrid I met many hard-working industrious and friendly people from Eastern Europe. The Roumanians especially seemed to fit in well and learnt Spanish very quickly. However it has to be said that those at the bottom of the pile sometimes resort to petty theft, pick-pocketing etc., and nowadays this includes a small section of Roumanians, which is how they've got a certain reputation. I don't think calling someone a "coward" because they've made a judgement based on reported crimes (however ill-informed) is going to advance a civilised discussion here.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

[References about what?
References to what you claim.

Easy to write crap here, but if you can't back it up with references, or quotes it's just you being a worthless coward.

You claim to be speaking from a 'Spanish point of view'. Are you actually Spanish?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.