Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I dont think I the only one......

I dont think I the only one......

Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:21 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I dont think I the only one......

Originally Posted by JLFS
You reckon?
I've no idea - I'm just trying to start a fight.

Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:23 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I appreciate your good wishes, and likewise, I hope Graham continues his recovery. I'm probably out of order whingeing about my health, I met a few in hospital recently who are a lot worse off. As I said, health is so important, and we (or some of us) foolishly forget to look after ourselves.
I reckon its down to you trying to keep up with the locals when you're going around all those Madrid bars for the latest gossip, not to mention the odd tapas and vino or three.
I mean there must be a hell of a lot of bars in Madrid.
Having said that I believe that Valencia holds the record for the percentage of bars in relation to population for the whole of Europe, as well as being proud of its claim to fame as the noisiest city of course.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:25 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
I've no idea - I'm just trying to start a fight.

http://www.*************.com/smilies...ghting0074.gif
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:29 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I reckon its down to you trying to keep up with the locals when you're going around all those Madrid bars for the latest gossip, not to mention the odd tapas and vino or three.
I mean there must be a hell of a lot of bars in Madrid.
Having said that I believe that Valencia holds the record for the percentage of bars in relation to population for the whole of Europe, as well as being proud of its claim to fame as the noisiest city of course.
I think I've realised why I prefer winter in Spain to their summer. I can shut the window at night and avoid being woken by the botellon or the garbage vans.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:40 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon Stevie boy,it's past time you started punching your weight or we'll all be thinking that you're on your last legs.

I mean to say "Sugarplum", I should coco.
This from the man who floats like a bee and stings like a butterfly?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:05 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Ha,ha.
The fact that you need to resort to a jibe like that tells its own story methinks.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:56 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Ha,ha.
The fact that you need to resort to a jibe like that tells its own story methinks.
No Dick, what you say, and the way you say it tells the story far better. If the jibe hadn't cut so deep you'd have ignored it.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 6:05 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate your good wishes, and likewise, I hope Graham continues his recovery. I'm probably out of order whingeing about my health, I met a few in hospital recently who are a lot worse off. As I said, health is so important, and we (or some of us) foolishly forget to look after ourselves.
You are not out of order whingeing about your health at all. Hope that the problem that you have is only temporary and that you manage to sort it out and return to full (or almost full) health.

Rosemary
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

This is turning into a love in.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:39 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
This is turning into a love in.
Group hug J1.....
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:30 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of the noble art, a bit of a shock to hear Joe Frazier died. A lot of the big names from the 70s now seem to be on their last legs.
well once you admit you are getting older you have to admit how old they will be.
its when you look at the production date on films and realise you saw it when it first came out and its 25 years ago

in simplistic terms, if Frazier was say 30 then 40years on he has to be at least 70. Good innings, but as you say, a part of our own lifetimes now gone for ever.
BBC R4 even interviewed Joe Bugner -
Old Nov 9th 2011, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone remember the Monty Python sketch that went something like, "I'm looking for an argument, have I come to the right place?". I frequently feel like I've strayed into it when reading some of the threads on here.

The fact that I remember it makes me feel ancient, anyway.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:49 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Does anyone remember the Monty Python sketch that went something like, "I'm looking for an argument, have I come to the right place?". I frequently feel like I've strayed into it when reading some of the threads on here.

The fact that I remember it makes me feel ancient, anyway.
You aren't alone. I remember it too.