Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Old May 18th 2007, 3:56 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by Linken1647
I am quite excited about moving to Spain. It was hard telling the family but now that the house is on the market, it all seems more real and I can't wait.
Scary thing is that if someone were to come in tomorrow and say I am a cash buyer and I want to exchange ASAP, we have 25 years of clutter to de-clutter quickly! How on earth do you decide what goes and what to keep? What a nightmare! We could be on first name terms with the guys at the council waste yard fairly quickly!
Hi Linken1647,Im dreading sorting our clutter out( I will re-phrase that and say HIS clutter )in our loft is hundreds of car magazines,and books,hes collected Autocar,Classic Car,Capri Club,Jaguar,and he is insisting that they all go with us Autocar has been collected from the first edition,theres hundreds.Not to mention the ones that are still in his mothers loft :eek
On top of that is all his tools,hes got everything going,goodness knows where it is all going to go!!!!Iv got a couple of bits and bats and my clothes and thats it.
Old May 18th 2007, 4:23 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Many Are Moving To Spain ??

Originally Posted by jandy44
Hi Linken1647,Im dreading sorting our clutter out( I will re-phrase that and say HIS clutter )in our loft is hundreds of car magazines,and books,hes collected Autocar,Classic Car,Capri Club,Jaguar,and he is insisting that they all go with us Autocar has been collected from the first edition,theres hundreds.Not to mention the ones that are still in his mothers loft :eek
On top of that is all his tools,hes got everything going,goodness knows where it is all going to go!!!!Iv got a couple of bits and bats and my clothes and thats it.
EBAY!
Old May 18th 2007, 4:37 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Iv counted thirty including Dylan;

Big Pete,Bigbudda69,Busters Mum,HimnHer,Pwblackbelt,Skippernicky,Cornish Maid,Jorgi,Twyntub,Chrisw,NzGrl,Tezra and Dylan,Miss Naughty,Kevinbeddow,
Silverchick,ValandGef,Sunnydee,Midget Gem,IntuitiveNipple,Linken1647,
Littlelambfound,Eve,Cmorgy,Georgina,,Kaylee,Compos t Mentis,Turtlez,Sjrw and myself.
Old May 18th 2007, 4:40 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
EBAY!
Hey you,v just upset him now he says he,s got two words for you and the second is off
Old May 18th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Nacnud is an unknown quantity at this point

We've just agreed a fee for a house in Sax but are at the legal stages now
Old May 18th 2007, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

georgina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Georgina,thank you for your post,I hope that you have some good luck with the sale of your house,it would be wonderfull if you have a quick sale and you can join the other half,have you a place in Spain to move to?or is the hubby off to sort that out,where abouts are you moving to.It is amazing how many are going, and a lot are off very soon.I hope it all works out for you,please keep posting.............
Hi Jandy 44,We are heading for Majorca and my OH will be looking for a rental when he goes out, but I dont think it will be easy(or cheap) as it really is the worst time to look.When are you moving out? It's a comfort to think there are others going through the same highs and lows of moving to a new life,and look forward to hearing how everyone gets on.
Old May 18th 2007, 5:56 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by Nacnud
We've just agreed a fee for a house in Sax but are at the legal stages now
Congratulations Nacnud,I hope your move goes to plan,I expect you have lots to do,exciting hey,have you not just sold your house here? If so you wont be long before you make the move,keep us posted
Old May 18th 2007, 6:09 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by georgina
Hi Jandy 44,We are heading for Majorca and my OH will be looking for a rental when he goes out, but I dont think it will be easy(or cheap) as it really is the worst time to look.When are you moving out? It's a comfort to think there are others going through the same highs and lows of moving to a new life,and look forward to hearing how everyone gets on.
Hi georgina,I think you could be right,I think a lot of owners want premium rates during the summer,Iv been scouring the web looking at properties around Andalusia,there is a lot of rentals around.Unfortunately it will be a few months before we can move,hopefully we will put the house on the market soon,and then just hope for a quick sale,after all the work thats been done it should move pretty quick,but you never know.Ill keep my fingers crossed and hope that we can be over before Xmas.
georgina you must let us know how you get on with your property search ,I hope your successful.Good Luck
Old May 19th 2007, 9:30 am
Just Joined

valandgef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevinbeddow
Hi valandgeff
we can leave home at 8.30 on a sat morning and be at the tunnel for 2pm?always travel on sat as not much traffic going down south,untill you hit the dart tunnel?
m20 to tunnel always empty on sat.
do the crossing wich takes 40 min and then drive to rouen,we get there for 6 in hotel that loves dogs.

sorry about the mix upon last post, as lost the plot?

Need some heat in body?
regards
kevin
Hi Kevin,

Yes I think that is the way we are planning to go, tunnel & then drive through France. Are you allowed to post the name of the hotel that you stay at?? Not having done the journey before we don't want to stray too far from the route!!

Many thanks
Val
Old May 19th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Hi Jandi, Your OM sounds just like me. I have mags dating back to 1949 and they have to go with me and as for my tools I would sooner cut off my arm than be parted from them. I am thinking of buying a van(large) and taking my stuff seperately from the minor stuff like household items.
Best of luck to him. Jorgi
Old May 19th 2007, 12:41 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by Jorgi
Hi Jandi, Your OM sounds just like me. I have mags dating back to 1949 and they have to go with me and as for my tools I would sooner cut off my arm than be parted from them. I am thinking of buying a van(large) and taking my stuff seperately from the minor stuff like household items.
Best of luck to him. Jorgi
Oh well,at least his dont date back quite so long but there is still hell of a lot,he just hoardes everything,but my concern is where it is all going to go in our new place.We are renting at first,so he says something small will do just for us and the dog He would rather die than leave his Capri ,so we will HAVE to rent something with a garage,and hes undecided about our othere cars something small,I ask myself may has well buy a barn for him and his stuff,just find a small place for me in the corner hey.
Old May 19th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Iv counted thirty including Dylan;

Big Pete,Bigbudda69,Busters Mum,HimnHer,Pwblackbelt,Skippernicky,Cornish Maid,Jorgi,Twyntub,Chrisw,NzGrl,Tezra and Dylan,Miss Naughty,Kevinbeddow,
Silverchick,ValandGef,Sunnydee,Midget Gem,IntuitiveNipple,Linken1647,
Littlelambfound,Eve,Cmorgy,Georgina,,Kaylee,Compos t Mentis,Turtlez,Sjrw and myself.
Know I'm not now going as quick as some of you lot, but I am still going, so don't know if that counts me in or out
Old May 19th 2007, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

kevinbeddow is on a distinguished road

Hi valandgef
where in spain you heading,what i have noticed in france is that,what looks the long way round''sometimes is the quickest''.
I myself, when going to barcelona just want to get there then relax?
kevin
Old May 19th 2007, 1:07 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by jeanc
Know I'm not now going as quick as some of you lot, but I am still going, so don't know if that counts me in or out
Hey Jeanc of course it does I bet you will be in Spain quicker than us at this rate.There is a lot on the move must be up to about 32 now,when I first joined BE there was about eight.
Old May 19th 2007, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Oh well,at least his dont date back quite so long but there is still hell of a lot,he just hoardes everything,but my concern is where it is all going to go in our new place.We are renting at first,so he says something small will do just for us and the dog He would rather die than leave his Capri ,so we will HAVE to rent something with a garage,and hes undecided about our othere cars something small,I ask myself may has well buy a barn for him and his stuff,just find a small place for me in the corner hey.
One of the reasons we are dithering between Spain and France is that most of the French houses have lovely big barns for me. We even found one with a pool table already installed on the first floor of the barn. Absolute bliss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.