Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How close to the breadline?

How close to the breadline?

Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How close to the breadline?

Originally Posted by jackytoo
That is so true, they build their contacts for life. They are educated to believe they are the elite and it shows, better social skills etc. Went to Charterhouse recently to watch a kids football match and the sports facilities are amazing.

As HGB says whatver political party they are all the same clique.
Yes I have to agree, from a very young age they have a confidence and unshakable belief in themselves that the rest of us rarely achieve.
It's still a case of who you know not what, they will always have the advantage over the rest of us, as it's a closed club!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Cman, that's one of the funniest things I've ever read. Perhaps you're like me and don't use smilies.

The birth rate in Andalucia is diabolical, it seems the Spanish men are firing blanks. Maybe the Spanish doctors and lawyers should get hold of a few British labourers to boost the population if they're unable to do so themselves.

On a serious note, and it's hard to be serious, the Andalucian population is famed within Spain for its backwardness. Sorry, you're well over the top on this one.
The headmaster said it in complete seriousness. Actually she is the owner of one of the private schools near here in Benalmadena

As for "the Andalucian population is famed within Spain for its backwardness", well it is, but this is racism basically

The birth rate in Spain is so low because it is hard for people in their 20s to make themselves independent. it is higher in the UK mainly due to the generous wellfare system. The birth rate among graduates in the UK is just as low as in Spain
Old Oct 19th 2011, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

tex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud oftex_ritter has much to be proud of

"The birth rate in Spain is so low because it is hard for people in their 20s to make themselves independent. it is higher in the UK mainly due to the generous wellfare system."

Gosh, only the unemployed are breeding in the UK then still I suppose it passes the time and its more fun than a playstaion
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tex_ritter

Gosh, only the unemployed are breeding in the UK then still I suppose it passes the time and its more fun than a playstaion
Pretty much. The uneducated have twice as many children as the educated. Same in the UK and pretty much everywhere else in the world

As someone in my early 30s I dont have a single friend from London who has children yet despite several being married. They are all uni grads with good careers.

However, my school friends from my home town who didnt go to uni already have lots of children, almost all of them. Some started at 16!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tex_ritter
still I suppose it passes the time and its more fun than a playstaion
Not when you get to my age.

Graham