Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

House Price Bonus ?

House Price Bonus ?

Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:43 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all
Default Re: House Price Bonus ?

Originally Posted by Mourinho
lets have that poll , and for Lee that does not mean rogering someone from warsaw !

Yeah how many stupid people on Expats, don`t forget these are the people you just accused of cock up financially in Spain.

What would you be asking in that poll then ?

I`m curious which bit you`ve failed to grasp.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Lets go through them 1 by 1 ,
i will type this slowly for you !
If you go to spain now you get LESS money than last year .
If you go to the US you will only get $1.90 now
A yank now gets 55p so better off
A spainard does get 75p but last year only got 69p
A brit gets 1.30 euros now instead of 1.45 euros last year so he is worse off

Get yourself an up to date copy of the Ft , i have now finished humouring you , because i dont believe you can be real , youre a wind up merchant !?

Originally Posted by lee8
Really, Spain the Economic Intelligent country.

Now that is funny, good joke.

Please explain then why I`m wrong then.

Everytime i go to Spain I get more for my money.

We also benefit goin to the US as we get $2.11 for every pound.

For a yank he gets 0.51 pence to his $1.00.So worse off

For a Spaniard he gets 0.75 pence for his 1 Euro.

For a Brit he gets 1.36 Euros to his £1.00. so better off.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee8
Really, Spain the Economic Intelligent country.

Now that is funny, good joke.

Please explain then why I`m wrong then.

Everytime i go to Spain I get more for my money.

We also benefit goin to the US as we get $2.11 for every pound.

For a yank he gets 0.51 pence to his $1.00.So worse off

For a Spaniard he gets 0.75 pence for his 1 Euro.

For a Brit he gets 1.36 Euros to his £1.00. so better off.
Yes, well, you clearly get more (number) of euros to the pound, just as you get more (number) kilometers to the mile.

So, from what I understand you're saying, if I drive everywhere in kilometers I'm better off than if I travel in miles because I do 1.6 kms for every mile I travel? In effect, I'm travelling 60% further... or 60% faster...

Wow!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: House Price Bonus ?

Get yourself an up to date copy of the Ft , i have now finished humouring you , because i dont believe you can be real , youre a wind up merchant !?
Try hours worked to buy a pint!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 6:45 pm
Banned

lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

I never said you didn`t.

Thats still good, granted not a s good, but like the Euro your still better off.

No a yank is worse off, by nearly 50%.

Thats why a record number of brits shopped in the states in 2007.

Yes but what I wrote was we as Brits get more Euros to the Pound and Spaniards get less pounds to the Euro.

No you just haven`t grasped the fact that having 0.36 cents to the pound is better.

No big drama, you come and spend all your Euros in the UK, I`ll spend less in Spain.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:21 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a headache now
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

Totally confused!! Last year we ordered furniture in spain and left a balance of 6000 euro (at the time euro was 69p) was £4,140 sterling. Exchange rate now 73p so we now have to pay £4380 - am i working this out wrong? I would say this leaves us worse off. Also looking at a mortgage, was given a figure from Spain as too how much euro we would get for the mortgage we wanted, surely now euro has dropped we won't get same amount as previously quoted?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:54 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Mourhino is correct, you are now worse off as I said. Isn't there anyone else out there to help us out, or are you all confused like Lee? You won't be confused when the statements start coming in!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

weemac is an unknown quantity at this point

What I think Lee is saying is that you get more for your Euro in Spain than you do for your pound in the UK.

Mourinho's your calculations are correct.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: House Price Bonus ?

Originally Posted by weemac
What I think Lee is saying is that you get more for your Euro in Spain than you do for your pound in the UK.

The classic comparison is How many hours worked to buy a pint.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by casa del sol
So does that mean anyone who is transfering a pension from UK and has it converted to euros will get less for their money?
Oh most definitely, pensions received here now are more than 40 euros less a month than they were in November and the rate is still going down. How bad is it going to get, it certainly mucks up all of our budgeting.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough

Transfer 100,000€ in to pounds now and get about 75,100GBP. wait for the exchange rate to go back up to it's mean level (about 1.42) and transfer the money back from pounds in to Euros giving you 106,600€ which is a profit of 6600€ for doing absolutely sod all (this is all theory of course and assumes you both have the money and live in Spain !!)

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Effectively, what Lee is saying is you have more Euros in your pocket than Pounds (whatever the exchange rate may be) but when it is low against the Pound and things still cost the same here (Spain) then you are worse off. The fact you have more of a currency than you started with is immaterial. If you changed money from Pounds into Lira you'd end up with thousands and could be a millionare with about a 1000GBP but if a loaf of bread costs 10,000Lira then it's all a bit relative is it not ???
Old Jan 14th 2008, 3:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by weemac

At last somebody.

Mouron seems to think i`m saying that because you now ger 1.36 for the pound thats better than 1.50 you`d have got last year.

I thought the easy way I`d put it was enough.

Obviously not.

But if your a Spaniard or Brit goin back you getting better than last year, but still not getting a great deal.Your still losing, and losing in my book is the same this year or last.

If your goin to Spain, your still gaining 0.36 cents to the pound, not as good as last year, but still good.

Anything above 0.01 to the pound is good, and anything below 0.99 to the cent is bad.

God how hard can it be.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 3:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by linda Coyle
Totally confused!! Last year we ordered furniture in spain and left a balance of 6000 euro (at the time euro was 69p) was £4,140 sterling. Exchange rate now 73p so we now have to pay £4380 - am i working this out wrong? I would say this leaves us worse off. Also looking at a mortgage, was given a figure from Spain as too how much euro we would get for the mortgage we wanted, surely now euro has dropped we won't get same amount as previously quoted?
If your sending money to Spain £4560 would give you 6000 Euros.

If you were to withdraw that 6000 euros and return it to the UK you`d get £4,558.

At todays rate 14/1 of 0.759 pence to the Euro and 1.318 Euros to the pound.

No your Mortgage unless it was an offer and they fixed it for a period, would have changed.

We as brits goin to Spain are losing at the moment compared up to April last year, and Spaniards coming to the UK are winning, but not much unless your using large sums.

If your goin to Spain your still getting more for your pound, it`ll be worse if/when it gets closer to £1 = 1 Euro.

Last edited by lee8; Jan 14th 2008 at 3:46 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Try hours worked to buy a pint!
I live in Spain, Work in Spain and my wages per hour buy me 5 bottles of beer per hour (should i choose to spend it all on beer)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.