Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

House Demolished

House Demolished

Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of
Default Re: House Demolished

Yeah,not many people sound like wot I do
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Perhaps the couple whose house was demolished should know about these laws

Must congratulate you on your english...it is perfect
Joking aside,I think its important to know things like this,as many properties were built in dubious curcumstances in the past,who knows,it could happen to anyone
Maybe this info could be put in the Free Beer thread if good enough.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

The local daily for Almería says that the 'delegado provincial' - the Junta de Andalucía rep here in Almería - is trying to knock down another house, this time in Albox (owned, once again, by Brits). The mayor of Albox is putting up a spirited fight apparently.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 3:46 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Econ
A lot of this is why people from the UK came here, it's better and cheaper for them, but Spain is now only just a few steps behind... it used to be miles away.
One of the biggest myths is Spain not having the problems as the UK.

Spain has been around five years behind the UK since the early 90`s.

Hoodies, violence,binge drinking, car crime, drugs,robbery,burglary etc etc all were in Spain before but as in the UK there now making bigger appearances in Spain.

You`d be supprised how many Expats I`ve come across who don`t watch Spanish local/national news.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee8
One of the biggest myths is Spain not having the problems as the UK.
Spain has been around five years behind the UK since the early 90`s.
Hoodies, violence,binge drinking, car crime, drugs,robbery,burglary etc etc all were in Spain before but as in the UK there now making bigger appearances in Spain.
You`d be supprised how many Expats I`ve come across who don`t watch Spanish local/national news.
Is that a myth you made up?
I think everyone on here is intelligent enough to realise that the same problems can exist in any country.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:26 pm
Banned

lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Is that a myth you made up?
I think everyone on here is intelligent enough to realise that the same problems can exist in any country.
I`m aiming at the posters that write on here that come to Spain to get away from the problems in the UK.

Whilst I can assume people are Intelligent, I can also use the same assumtion that not all are.

And there are many people reading this that aren`t members yet.

A friend of mines wife is living in Alhaurin de la ......, Malaga has a teenage ..........., speaks ok spanish and has been in Spain .. yrs.

Dosn`t read the Spanish news or watch Spanish TV.

Has no idea her daughter went to the Botelon in Malaga University, didn`t know what Botelon was

So no I don`t assume everybody is clever, the world is too messed up to think everybody in it is clever.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I`m aiming at the posters that write on here that come to Spain to get away from the problems in the UK.
So you think there are people who come over here thinking there are no problems at all?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:46 pm
Banned

So you think there are people who come over here thinking there are no problems at all?
There are people who have written here that they want to move to Spain because it has less problems than the UK.

Don`t you remember Debbie on another site asking why the Spanish put up bars on there windows, she didn`t know it was to stop the house from being robbed.

There was last week plenty.

Last edited by lee8; Jan 12th 2008 at 4:49 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:47 pm
Senior Moment

There are people who have written here that they want to move to Spain because it has less problems than the UK.

There was last week plenty.
Ahhhhhhh less problems ........ and you disagree do you?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:52 pm
Banned

Ahhhhhhh less problems ........ and you disagree do you?
In my experience Spain has just the same as the UK, if not worse problems.

I never moved to Spain for less problems, I moved because I like it more than the UK.

Maybe I`m less naive, or i understand the language culture more than most Expats.

I won`t mention why, people tend to get a bit girlie, when you remind them.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:00 pm
Senior Moment

In my experience Spain has just the same as the UK, if not worse problems.
I never moved to Spain for less problems, I moved because I like it more than the UK.
Maybe I`m less naive, or i understand the language culture more than most Expats.
I won`t mention why, people tend to get a bit girlie, when you remind them.
Girlie ...... meaning they don't have the same opinion as you?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:26 pm
Banned

Girlie ...... meaning they don't have the same opinion as you?
Girls or Girlie men.

You stopped Luvin me.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:35 pm
Senior Moment

Girls or Girlie men.
You stopped Luvin me.
You feeling insecure?

Getting back to the original subject though, I cant ever see somethong like this happening in the same way in the UK. I know thats immaterial, but at the end of the day there are procedures to be followed as there must be here. I know it was said earlier that its not just Brits effected, but to be honest every report I see of this kind of thing DOES seem to be Brits.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:37 pm
Banned

You feeling insecure?
Yup, nobody lus me.

but to be honest every report I see of this kind of thing DOES seem to be Brits.
I told you before Spanish don`t like Expats.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:41 pm
Senior Moment

Yup, nobody lus me.

I told you before Spanish don`t like Expats.
Yes, but expats are German, French, Swiss, Dutch, Lithuanian ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.