Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

House Demolished

House Demolished

Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

OCRAZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House Demolished

I have to say it is disgusting that the Spanish Junta have the right to throw people out of their houses when they have gone down the correct roads to purchase it, but I also have to admit it is not just the English they pick on. My neighbour is Spanish and has been building a new house in 'el campo' for the last 3 months. The other day, the police came to him and told him he had to demolish it or else!! Difference being is he is building it knowing it is illegal and intends to carry on and ignore the police. We will wait and see what happens next.

Best regards
Teresa
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lenox
I don't agree with much of what Lee8 says.
Since there are no reliable Spanish figures on the number of Brits living here (especially now that we don't - thanks to Brussels -even need a 'residencia'), the generally accepted figure comes from the British Foreign Office (or, if you prefer, the BBC). It's said to be one million Britons now living in Spain.
If we suppose that each of us spends 500 euros a month to live, that's 500 million euros a month, or 6 billion Euros per annum free to the Spanish economy. Unlike most industry, with profit and cost, here the figure is practically all profit to Spain - less a small number of fish and chip shops, English language newspapers and British pubs. None of whom make much of a dent in Spain's economy. The downside - the odd letter to the town hall complaining about the noise - is a pretty small price to pay.
If we suppose that there are as many Irish, Dutch, Skandis, Germans, Italians, Americans, Aussies and Maltese together as there are Brits, we can figure about 12 billion euros a year being sent over to Spain. A billion euros a month - for nothing. Then, we can add the cars, furnishings and the house purchases, plus some tax - and Spain does pretty well out of it. Blimey, they don't even want to vote, say the Spaniards!
Perhaps - since those million Brits can't leave (who would buy their house?), and the powers-that-be reckon there are enough of us - perhaps now is the time to close the door...
Actually, I was told by the Ayuntamiento that you cannot get a job without first obtaining your residencia, well not in Huelva anyway. Unless the law has changed since last February. Your comments would be appreciated.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lenox
I've had confirmation that the situation in Vera, Almeria has been placed -as an urgent question - on the agenda of the EU Parliament to meet in Strasbourg next week.
Brilliant lets hope they tear the spanish government off a strip and sort this problem once and for all.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OCRAZ
I have to say it is disgusting that the Spanish Junta have the right to throw people out of their houses when they have gone down the correct roads to purchase it, but I also have to admit it is not just the English they pick on. My neighbour is Spanish and has been building a new house in 'el campo' for the last 3 months. The other day, the police came to him and told him he had to demolish it or else!! Difference being is he is building it knowing it is illegal and intends to carry on and ignore the police. We will wait and see what happens next.

Best regards
Teresa
The police take photos of the site and if anything has been added then they will take action.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

If you want a job you will need a fiscal number, a 'número de identifación fiscal' which is called a NIF, however - if you are a foreigner, it's called a 'NIE' - a 'número de identificacion extranjero'.
Comes to the same thing. It's the same number as on your driving licence, your 'residencuia' (if you have one) and your tax returns.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
The police take photos of the site and if anything has been added then they will take action.
I will keep you updated on what happens next. We had a small extension 2mtrs x 2mtrs does this apply in the laws do you know? Our builder told us permission was not necessary.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:25 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I will keep you updated on what happens next. We had a small extension 2mtrs x 2mtrs does this apply in the laws do you know? Our builder told us permission was not necessary.
Yes, by the sounds of it, it is an illegal extension and your builder has mislead you.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Every bit of building needs a licence, you are even supposed to get one if you repaint the house.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 7:04 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
In fact they are now taking aerial and satellite photos and using computers to spot any changes from previous photos.

Apparently they have found loads of illegal pools not to mention illegal extensions.

However I doubt that a 4m2 building would trigger a bunch of Robocops to appear waving guns and demolition orders!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
However I doubt that a 4m2 building would trigger a bunch of Robocops to appear waving guns and demolition orders!!
Ah, you haven't heard then.....
Old Jan 18th 2008, 7:27 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

In fact they are now taking aerial and satellite photos and using computers to spot any changes from previous photos.

Apparently they have found loads of illegal pools not to mention illegal extensions.

They have been flying over ours for a while now, when i told the ayamonte thread they laughed it off and said it would cost too much to get a plane up, but that is how the council are making there money now, on fines etc.

PS, Google maps is their friend also. ;-))
Old Jan 18th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
They have been flying over ours for a while now, when i told the ayamonte thread they laughed it off and said it would cost too much to get a plane up, but that is how the council are making there money now, on fines etc.

PS, Google maps is their friend also. ;-))
I heard as far back as 18 months ago that the "Guardia Civil" have been doing this from their helicopters in the Mijas area. What truth there is I don't know but I remember I found it strange it was the Guardia and not the local Police.

Last edited by Econ; Jan 18th 2008 at 9:19 pm. Reason: typos
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:14 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Econ
I remember I found it strange it was the Guardia and not the local Police.
A special group was set up recently within the Guardia to track down illegal buildings.

It has become such a big problem that It cannot be left to the local authorities (they pay the local police) as they are usually the cause of the problem in the first place.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

It has become such a big problem that It cannot be left to the local authorities (they pay the local police) as they are usually the cause of the problem in the first place.
That figures.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Satellite imagery is now so sophisticated that you don't need a chopper to study details on the ground. Just a desk and access to the latest pass from the satellite. Google Earth has images that are not updated very often. The imagery that planners have is updated weekly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.