Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hours of Work - Builders

Hours of Work - Builders

Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:39 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hours of Work - Builders

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
now that WOULD be nice, and a bit of victoria sponge, that would be lovely......

I wonder if the Spanish Builders copy that working class English habit of raising ones pinky finger when raising the cup of Earl Grey to ones or Juans lips.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:48 am
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
now that WOULD be nice, and a bit of victoria sponge, that would be lovely......
On a plate with a "Lace Doily", how jolly quaint...what..
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:51 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
yes but I wasnt getting at him.just saying that people will complain and expect the local life to change its ways just because they have arrived on holiday
We have all seen people like this.they moan when you are a bit noisy.and dont expect you to moan when they are a bit noisy.
okeydokey

we don't miss our neighbours on the urb where we used to live at all

they were always complaining about those blo*dy spanish!!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:53 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Is he there yet
PMSLMAO!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER
So if you don't want him to work, and your guests don't want him to work, and the people who clean your villa don't want him to work ,whats he to do ?phone you up and ask when it would be convenient for you for him to work so him trying to make a living doesn't interfere with you and your guests visit to his country ?.

The fact that you have no sympathy with him will get you very little sympathy from us who live here and accept the ways of the Spanish ,good or bad ...you really must learn to be more tolerant...

ps .......Most Spanish only take any notice of the law when it suits them ,thats another thing you learn very quickly when you live here .

Interestingly enough ... he has started work at 8.15am for the past two days ... just like all the other contractors round about who have been building villas here for years (including the British ones)! Perhaps he has been reading this thread!

As for 'you really must learn to be more tolerant' - we are actually very tolerant indeed, having lived on a building site for the first three years we owned our villa with no problems at all! We didn't ask for your opinion, merely if there was any legislation governing this matter as he didn't respond to what seemed like a reasonable request that he start slightly later inline with everyone else.

And yes, we are guests to his country, but he and a lot of other Spanish (and British) builders would be out of a job but for those 'guests' as I don't see many Spanish having huge building jobs done and the largest Spanish building company has recently gone bust, putting even more of you on the 'social'!

Last edited by noelrosie; Sep 11th 2008 at 2:39 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:43 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Interestingly enough ... he has started work at 8.15am for the past two days ... just like all the other contractors round about who have been building villas here for years (including the British ones)! Perhaps he has been reading this thread!

As for 'you really must learn to be more tolerant' - we are actually very tolerant indeed, having lived on a building site for the first three years we owned our villa with no problems at all! We didn't ask for your opinion, merely if there was any legislation governing this matter as he didn't respond to what seemed like a reasonable request that he start slightly later inline with everyone else.

And yes, we are guests to his country, but he and a lot of other Spanish (and British) builders would be out of a job but for those 'guests' as I don't see many Spanish having huge building jobs done and the largest Spanish building company has recently gone bust, putting even more of you on the 'social'!
typical english Im here be greatfull attatude.

Last edited by betris; Sep 11th 2008 at 2:51 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

You don't know us at all ... we have lived and worked in many countries including Sweden, the Netherlands, France, Spain, China, Indonesia, Germany, USA with people of many races, colour and creed - we speak Spanish, French and a bit of German/Dutch and have Spanish friends in cities all over Spain (Madrid, Alicante, Sevilla), not to mention other countries. We have never felt superior in any way - in fact sometimes we are embarassed by the behaviour of our compatriots. We chose to buy our second home in Spain because we like Spain, the Spanish, and the Spanish way of doing things! We engaged Spanish builders and architects to design and build our own villa and respect that it is their country and things will be done in their way.
We would be just as irritated if the builder were English, since we had only made a polite request (in his native language) that he helped us to enjoy our holiday and start inline with all the other contractors round about at 8.00am (which is not late in anyone's book)!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 4:24 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
You don't know us at all ... we have lived and worked in many countries including Sweden, the Netherlands, France, Spain, China, Indonesia, Germany, USA with people of many races, colour and creed - we speak Spanish, French and a bit of German/Dutch and have Spanish friends in cities all over Spain (Madrid, Alicante, Sevilla), not to mention other countries. We have never felt superior in any way - in fact sometimes we are embarassed by the behaviour of our compatriots. We chose to buy our second home in Spain because we like Spain, the Spanish, and the Spanish way of doing things! We engaged Spanish builders and architects to design and build our own villa and respect that it is their country and things will be done in their way.
We would be just as irritated if the builder were English, since we had only made a polite request (in his native language) that he helped us to enjoy our holiday and start inline with all the other contractors round about at 8.00am (which is not late in anyone's book)!
now see the differance. In this you come over as ok people.in the others you came over as english with attatude.may be the worker thought that at first.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

now see the differance. In this you come over as ok people.in the others you came over as english with attatude.may be the worker thought that at first.
Maybe ... but thanks for understanding
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:14 pm

I red dis tread and mee tinks I work veree hard fore de laydie tomorow I show wiling I start wurking at 7am I she bet b pleezed

PS laydie if u wanna go for vino wif me I have picco belo........

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I red dis tread and mee tinks I work veree hard fore de laydie tomorow I show wiling I start wurking at 7am I she bet b pleezed

PS laydie if u wanna go for vino wif me I have picco belo........
I just fell of my chair laughing when I saw this
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:43 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey

So are you insulting us all with that remark Betris?
Do you think you ought to adopt a policy of a bit of thought sometimes before you post?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Hey

So are you insulting us all with that remark Betris?
Do you think you ought to adopt a policy of a bit of thought sometimes before you post?
I have the same english attitude sort of.like say I nicked your sterio.I would say be geatfull I didnt nick your wheels aswell.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:26 am

Below pic of the offending wall so cowboy can show you where you went wrong even better, Do you have an early morning pic with the sun rising just above the wall

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 1:06 am

Saturday off I bet back v early Monday. Scones Strawberry jam and clotted NATA at 3pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.