Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hours of Work - Builders

Hours of Work - Builders

Old Sep 9th 2008, 11:04 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hours of Work - Builders

Originally Posted by noelrosie
We have no intention of calling the police nor of denouncing him ... just hoped he would bear with us - we suggested 8.00am as a suitable time to be woken up!

Since the weather is mostly cloudy this week (i.e. not too hot) we felt it was a reasonable request!

Should point out he is a contractor employed by our neighbours, rather than a neighbour himself (whom we have not yet met as neither they nor us live out here full-time), so hopefully we can negotiate something!

Thanks for all your replies!
go to bed a bit sooner.then you may be awake before he arrives.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:46 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh how we love the open spaces of our urbanisation lifestyle, And our dry stone wall.

good night all zzzzzz

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:26 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Threemonkeys
Just what is a suitable time, i'm a builder and it doesn't matter what time you start theres always somebody on holiday and would rather you not be there at anytime, if you start at ten, what time would you expect him to finish, i tend to work 10 hrs a day so would you be happy with him working up to 8 at night, they empty all the bins where i am from at 2 in the morn, start strimming the grass area,s at 6,30 in the morn it's got to be done so let them get on with it, he's not going to be there forever.
Yes, but if you are only there for a short time, and he is there ALL the time you are there, then it would seem a bit much to you...
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:31 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER
Stop moaning ,the guys only trying to make a crust,the earlier he starts the sooner the job will be done ,the builders working nextdoor to us start the mixer at 6.30 ...........live and let live .
don't be like that CB, these poor people have the right to enjoy their holiday you know, I mean FFS, its only a bloody job for the builders...........
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:57 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
don't be like that CB, these poor people have the right to enjoy their holiday you know, I mean FFS, its only a bloody job for the builders...........
ROFPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:26 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa
ROFPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:39 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Me too!
you know what I mean
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:24 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
it strikes me that some of you are like the people who buy a house in the english country side in a little farming village and them complain about the animals.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:27 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by betris
it strikes me that some of you are like the people who buy a house in the english country side in a little farming village and them complain about the animals.
matt was being ironic/sarcastic

but you knew that, didn't you?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
or next to a pub and complain about the noise!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:23 pm
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
Since we don't actually LIVE here ... and are simply here on holiday ... we don't give a monkey's how quick he does the job. And our villa is rented out when we aren't here (we bought it instead of paying into a pension fund in UK after a close call with Equitable Life before you write some stupid quote that we are minted) so our paying guests will also complain!

We understand from the builders/developers of our 'urbanisation' that noisy building work should not start before 10.00am according to local laws ... so it is a bit bl**dy early!

He has been building this wall for five weeks (yes, its a big wall!) so far according to our guests and the people who clean our villa!

Have no sympathy with him at all
So if you don't want him to work, and your guests don't want him to work, and the people who clean your villa don't want him to work ,whats he to do ?phone you up and ask when it would be convenient for you for him to work so him trying to make a living doesn't interfere with you and your guests visit to his country ?.

The fact that you have no sympathy with him will get you very little sympathy from us who live here and accept the ways of the Spanish ,good or bad ...you really must learn to be more tolerant...

ps .......Most Spanish only take any notice of the law when it suits them ,thats another thing you learn very quickly when you live here .
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lynnxa
matt was being ironic/sarcastic

but you knew that, didn't you?
yes but I wasnt getting at him.just saying that people will complain and expect the local life to change its ways just because they have arrived on holiday
We have all seen people like this.they moan when you are a bit noisy.and dont expect you to moan when they are a bit noisy.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:12 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Is he there yet
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:42 am
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Is he there yet
Nearly 8.45 the builders should be ready for a break ,a good neighbour would nip round with a cuppa .
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:46 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER
Nearly 8.45 the builders should be ready for a break ,a good neighbour would nip round with a cuppa .
now that WOULD be nice, and a bit of victoria sponge, that would be lovely......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.