Reload this Page >

High Interest Savings Account Opened in UK

High Interest Savings Account Opened in UK

Old May 2nd 2024, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

PoloMarco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: High Interest Savings Account Opened in UK

Originally Posted by Algorfa1950
I am applying for the Skipton Savings Account but I notice you have to have a professional person to confirm your I.D. (copy passport photo) as part of the application process. We don't know anyone to ask ! Our GP isn't interested, we don't know any police officers, our solicitor is not interested, so who do we ask ? We know no one of an official capacity !
Can you not use the alternative Video Verification option?

https://www.skiptoninternational.com...-verification/
Old May 2nd 2024, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Algorfa1950 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PoloMarco

Sounds very complicated process. Makes my head spin the hoops you have to jump through to give them all your life savings!!
Old May 2nd 2024, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I am applying for the Skipton Savings Account but I notice you have to have a professional person to confirm your I.D. (copy passport photo) as part of the application process. We don't know anyone to ask ! Our GP isn't interested, we don't know any police officers, our solicitor is not interested, so who do we ask ? We know no one of an official capacity !
I had to do this to open an HSBC account I just went to a local Notary office showed them my passport and they signed to say it was me I think it cost me 7 or 8 euros.
Old May 2nd 2024, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Looks like I may have no alternative lol ! I'll let you know how I get on.
Old May 2nd 2024, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds very complicated process. Makes my head spin the hoops you have to jump through to give them all your life savings!!
I opened an account with Skipton International recently (didn't need an instant access one as I already have my First Direct one, but their interest rate nearly halves once the balance goes over a certain amount, so I went for the 200 day notice one). When I read through the requirements for opening the account they seemed rather daunting, but probably no more so than for opening an account remotely with any other instituion in these days of anti money laundering regulations. I did the Video Verification thing to have my ID documents verified, it was the first time I have ever taken part in a Zoom call and I actually felt I had learned something new which was quite beneficial.

I found the people at Skipton International extremely good to deal with.
Old May 2nd 2024, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

How did they zoom call you ?
Old May 2nd 2024, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

How did they zoom call you ?
I had to download the Zoom app onto my laptop and set up an account with them (very easy). You can Google instructions on how to do it. Skipton International sent me an email confirming the date and time of the call with a PIN number to join the call, I just had to confirm one or two details verbally and hold up my passport and proof of address document to the camera. The call took very little time, a 5 minute job.

I think it can be done using a smartphone but I prefer to use my laptop.

Last edited by Lynn R; May 2nd 2024 at 6:09 am.
Old May 2nd 2024, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I had to download the Zoom app onto my PC and set up an account with them (very easy). You can Google instructions on how to do it. Skipton International sent me an email confirming the date and time of the call with a PIN number to join the call. The call took very little time, a 5 minute job.
…or smart phone, tablet etc. as you’ll need a webcam so they can see you and your docs.

Zoom calls … the forgotten joys of the pandemic when people started work from home in earnest.
Old May 2nd 2024, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

…or smart phone, tablet etc. as you’ll need a webcam so they can see you and your docs.

Zoom calls … the forgotten joys of the pandemic when people started work from home in earnest.
It's 17 years since I had to have anything to do with work so I had never had occasion to use it before, but it is good to learn new things.
Old May 2nd 2024, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Finknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond reputeFinknottle has a reputation beyond repute

It's 17 years since I had to have anything to do with work so I had never had occasion to use it before, but it is good to learn new things.
You retired at 30? Lucky you!
Old May 2nd 2024, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

I had to download the Zoom app onto my laptop and set up an account with them (very easy). You can Google instructions on how to do it. Skipton International sent me an email confirming the date and time of the call with a PIN number to join the call, I just had to confirm one or two details verbally and hold up my passport and proof of address document to the camera. The call took very little time, a 5 minute job.

I think it can be done using a smartphone but I prefer to use my laptop.
What's wrong with using Facebook? Don't Skipton have a facebook page? I do Face Time with my daughter every day which is very easy.
Old May 2nd 2024, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

What's wrong with using Facebook? Don't Skipton have a facebook page? I do Face Time with my daughter every day which is very easy.
No idea, I don't have a Facebook account and never will.
Old May 2nd 2024, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

https://www.facebook.com/skiptoninternational/

Facetime was once only accessible in the Apple ecosystem (now available on other devices) whereas Zoom is platform agnostic.
Old May 2nd 2024, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

https://www.facebook.com/skiptoninternational/

Facetime was once only accessible in the Apple ecosystem (now available on other devices) whereas Zoom is platform agnostic.
I have never used Zoom and haven't a clue how it works! I am 73 and it took me all my time to work out how Facebook worked LOL !

As a matter of interest, they want you to complete an Application Form which of course when saved is a PDF document, but how do you sign a PDF document with your signature ? I have never been able to work it out.

Last edited by Algorfa1950; May 2nd 2024 at 6:41 am.
Old May 2nd 2024, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

I have never used Zoom and haven't a clue how it works! I am 73 and it took me all my time to work out how Facebook worked LOL !

As a matter of interest, they want you to complete an Application Form which of course when saved is a PDF document, but how do you sign a PDF document with your signature ? I have never been able to work it out.
As you FaceTime I assume an iPhone or iPad?

You can use Adobe Acrobat Reader to sign PDF documents (well at least with iPad)

Last edited by PoloMarco; May 2nd 2024 at 6:54 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.